2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what are the available interview dates right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed today. They said that they are not planning on sending out any additional interview invitations. Unfortunately, if the information they shared is accurate, anyone who has not received an interview invitation by this point is unlikely to receive one.
I also interviewed on Monday and I can confirm this is true

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anything specific people who have been accepted have to do for enrollment? I've already done everything on the checklist other than the CPR certificate.

There is a post bacc program so some of you will be asked if you want to do it with a conditional acceptance. Al hope is not lost.

Does anyone have any information on financial aid? Are we able to apply yet? I tried applying on the MyUpstate portal but can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know if they even offer financial aid? (IS student if that matters)
You can do your FAFSA but FAFSA is delayed this year. Noone will know their package until April earliest.
You will probably have to apply for federal loans (Gradplus) and then there are private loans.

Is the MMI with actual faculty/staff members? Or is it an asynchronous recording?
The practice is a recording which is confusing, so initially I wasn’t sure if the actual interview would be a recording either!

But it turns out that during the real interview there will be actual people and it won’t be asynchronous.

Last edited:
The practice is a recording which is confusing, so initially I wasn’t sure if the actual interview would be a recording either!

But it turns out that during the real interview there will be actual people and it won’t be asynchronous.
Thanks for clarifying!

does anyone know the percentage of applicants placed in the HPA get off that list and into the A pool?

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhh I just got an email stating that the dean of admissions would like to speak to me via zoom meeting before his full committee review... i interviewed last week on 2/12. Is this normal? And does anyone know anything about this?
I spoke to him after I’d already been offered my acceptance but no, this did not happen to me

I spoke to him after I’d already been offered my acceptance but no, this did not happen to me
That is weird too. Why did you have to talk to the dean? Was it just a friendly call notifying you of the acceptance?

IS A today, no email yet but the portal has my acceptance letter!!!! Rural medicine program as well, i am so excited !!! first A, interviewed jan 29th :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, since I haven’t seen a GroupMe or anything yet for accepted students I decided to just make one myself. No approval required to join, feel free to share with anyone that might have been accepted that isn’t on SDN.

You're invited to my new group 'Upstate Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Reactions: 4 users
I kinda wish they rejected me already considering I’ve been on hold since October :/ (IS)

Is it safe to say that if we interview in Feb/Mar it’s for a waitlist spot?

My b but I believe he said that they’re probably interviewing for the waitlist- not that if you’re interviewing in Jan/feb that you will be WLed.
Sucks to hear that I’m likely bound for the waitlist (at best) as a mid-February interviewee, but I’m trying to keep my spirits up anyway…

How long is the typical turnaround between an interview and a decision? Do decisions tend to vary in speed depending on whether you’re bound for an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection?

Sucks to hear that I’m likely bound for the waitlist (at best) as a mid-February interviewee, but I’m trying to keep my spirits up anyway…

How long is the typical turnaround between an interview and a decision? Do decisions tend to vary in speed depending on whether you’re bound for an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection?
hi! I ended up declining my acceptance a while back after interviewing on 11/29/23, so I feel comfortable saying this now without repercussions: looking at this thread, it's clear that what dean ruiz said about jan/feb interviewees during my interview was false. I don't know why he said that to the 20 of us in the zoom room, but it clearly isn't true as people are withdrawing As/interviews. keep your hopes up bc it ain't over til it is.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know what the student dress code is? Is there a specific scrub color you need to wear?

Let us all pray that someone decides to give Upstate a $1 billion donation for free tuition!

Reactions: 5 users
IS A just now! :') interviewed on 2/7

Reactions: 5 users
I haven't received a decision yet but does anyone know how big the WL movement is for this school?

HPA waitlist movement is generally high; normal waitlist movement is generally non-existent.

do some people wait longer than others to hear back from same interview day? trying to see if its a bad sign i didnt hear this week

My applicant portal no longer says "you will be contacted when a decision is made" and now gives me applicant login information for a scholarship portal - is this an A? Is it a mistake?

do you guys know what the link is to access the scholarship portal?

has anyone gotten any type of financial aid? or are they waiting for FAFSA to get released?