2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After months of waiting for a response from being put on a pre secondary hold, I finally got a response back. Last night I freaking got news about getting into the AMSNY program with a conditional acceptant to upstate. I was already preparing myself for another dreadful application cycle, but damn there’s still hope out there y’all.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
After months of waiting for a response from being put on a pre secondary hold, I finally got a response back. Last night I freaking got news about getting into the AMSNY program with a conditional acceptant to upstate. I was already preparing myself for another dreadful application cycle, but damn there’s still hope out there y’all.
+1. They didn't give specific details in the email they sent, no cost, no gpa requirement, nothing about whether we would still have to apply/interview. Anyone know anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats the program that I am in.
If you have any questions. Feel free to message me :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed 2/12 hear back yet?

Reactions: 1 user
For ppl in future cycles reading this forum: I was put on hold september -> sent an update late december regarding new activites -> interview received 1 week later in January -> sent another update (regarding first author pub) after my interview -> accepted today. Upstate seems to love significant updates.

Reactions: 2 users
IS Pre-II R just now 5:08pm EST :) best of luck to the rest of y’all

Could any knowledgeable souls enlighten me about what MS1 daily life is like? I haven't been able to find information online about whether in person classes are required, and what the general culture is around that.

Thank you- trying to figure out if we will need a second car. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Could any knowledgeable souls enlighten me about what MS1 daily life is like? I haven't been able to find information online about whether in person classes are required, and what the general culture is around that.

Thank you- trying to figure out if we will need a second car. :)
I just spoke to an MS1 about this. Per them, lecture not mandatory, but there are required classes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings with exams/quizzes on Thursday. So 3 days a week you’d need to be on campus if there is an exam or quiz that week

Reactions: 3 users
I just spoke to an MS1 about this. Per them, lecture not mandatory, but there are required classes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings with exams/quizzes on Thursday. So 3 days a week you’d need to be on campus if there is an exam or quiz that week
Thanks!!

Anyone hear anything about your 3YP application? Sent in my app March 1st and no updates yet…

Anyone know when HPA movement would be expected to occur?

My post interview "your app is being reviewed by the adcom" disappeared. What could this mean..?

Does anyone know if they have decent movement off the HPA in previous years?

What do I have to do for financial aid? I am completely new to this and have absolutely no clue about anything or deadlines. Help please

What is the proper etiquette for declining an acceptance? How do I even go about this? As the name implies..i literally have no idea what is going on helppp ty!

What is the proper etiquette for declining an acceptance? How do I even go about this? As the name implies..i literally have no idea what is going on helppp ty!
Think you would just email admissions letting them know you would like to decline the acceptance

Just emailed the Upstate admissions office for my HPA standing and they said im in a grey area of the list where some years they reach beyond my position and other years they don't. Told me to call back in early June. Would Upstate's lower number of interviews this year make it easier for us HPA people to get accepted? And did anyone receive something similar to what I got?

Just emailed the Upstate admissions office for my HPA standing and they said im in a grey area of the list where some years they reach beyond my position and other years they don't. Told me to call back in early June. Would Upstate's lower number of interviews this year make it easier for us HPA people to get accepted? And did anyone receive something similar to what I got?

I don’t think anyone is able to answer this if the school themselves don’t even know since your standing is right around the range where they typically accept people from the waitlist.

If it helps, I will be dropping my IS Acceptance

I got a very similar response, like “we’ve gotten to your spot in past years but no guarantee.” I’m hopeful and it’s better than saying they haven’t gotten to my spot before, so fingers crossed we get in!

Do we have to choose commit to enroll by April 30th or are we just allowed to say plan to enroll and wait to "commit to enroll" on a later date if we are waiting for any WLs?

Do we have to choose commit to enroll by April 30th or are we just allowed to say plan to enroll and wait to "commit to enroll" on a later date if we are waiting for any WLs?
I don’t think “commit to enroll” is an option yet, correct me if I’m wrong

I don’t think “commit to enroll” is an option yet, correct me if I’m wrong

According to AMCAS you can CTE (Commit to Enroll) starting April 30th. Once you CTE, you have to drop all other As or WLs though. You can still hold on to your WLs if you just PTE (Plan to Enroll) to one school)

However, each medical school has its own rules that supersede" AMCAS' Traffic Rules".
Not sure when Upstate's CTE deadline is, but most schools CTE deadlines are in June/July.

According to AMCAS you can CTE (Commit to Enroll) starting April 30th. Once you CTE, you have to drop all other As or WLs though. You can still hold on to your WLs if you just PTE (Plan to Enroll) to one school)

However, each medical school has its own rules that supersede" AMCAS' Traffic Rules".
Not sure when Upstate's CTE deadline is, but most schools CTE deadlines are in June/July.
Upstate CTE is June 25th

Last edited: