2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL today in mail. Interview 10/4, IS, LM 75 :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed yesterday and received an email that said results are sent via US mail but it seems that news of acceptance is made by phone call and followed up with a packet via US mail. Is that accurate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed yesterday and received an email that said results are sent via US mail but it seems that news of acceptance is made by phone call and followed up with a packet via US mail. Is that accurate?
Yup! They call people who got in and follow up with a packet. Waitlist decisions are sent exclusively via packet.

Does anyone know if there’s anything admitted students need to do before we receive the packet? Pretty sure I was told next steps would be in the packet but just want to double check

Members don't see this ad :)
You had asked earlier if people got scholarship info in the packet or in the phone call, did your packet say anything? Was it just a letter or was there more?
Mine did not contain any scholarship info. It was the acceptance letter and next step info. Still super curious to know if anyone else got scholarship info through their call or packet

For those who were recently accepted had you received an email that said they take 6-8 weeks to make a decision after your interview? Only asking because it seems they made a decision in about four weeks but my email suggested it would be 6-8 weeks.

For those who were recently accepted had you received an email that said they take 6-8 weeks to make a decision after your interview? Only asking because it seems they made a decision in about four weeks but my email suggested it would be 6-8 weeks.
Yup I got that email. It seems they make decisions about the previous month in the middle of the next month. So decisions for October went out in mid November

I'm seeing that it's closer to ~4 weeks for most people. I hope the holidays don't delay anything for us November interviewees

OOS A for Core just now via phone call!! Interviewed mid October

Reactions: 1 users
II today morning for CORE, IS, LM 76, complete early August!!

Reactions: 3 users
Are match lists for CORE and SELECT pretty comparable? In other words, do residency program directors think any less of SELECT students than their CORE counterparts? I'm assuming no but wanna hear others' thoughts.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who has been accepted and received their packet, do you sign the forms and then email them a scanned copy? Was a bit confused lol

Are match lists for CORE and SELECT pretty comparable? In other words, do residency program directors think any less of SELECT students than their CORE counterparts? I'm assuming no but wanna hear others' thoughts.
Yeah pretty comparable. And I would be surprised if program directors have the time or attention to form different opinions about Core vs Select students. They get applications from students from 100+ medical schools and every school has their own programs that they think are unique, there's no way a program director can keep track of all those and have meaningful opinions about them.

One aspect in which Core vs Select would matter would be if you have a particular interest in staying in FL or Tampa for residency then you would prefer to be in Core, or if you have a particular interest in being in the northeast for residency you would prefer Select. This is due to networking and connections.

To build off what the other poster said, I'm a current M4 applying and most PDs have no idea there's a difference, and when I talk about Select it's actually looked upon very favorably. I've seen my interviewers stop to take notes and ask extra questions just about Select and the feedback has been good so far. I'm interested in education and leadership so it plays well into my pitch. Match lists between the two are comparable.

I would say the only "disadvantage" is that if you want to do a competitive surgical subspeciality, you will need to know early and start research in Tampa as the research opportunities are thinner at LVHN. It is totally doable to start with a group during M1/2 and continue remotely throughout M3/4. That being said, if you are from the NE and/or want to go to residency in the NE, it is an advantage to be in Select.

Does USF accept letters of interest post-interview (not Intent - i know they mention they want us to wait for a decision before intent letter)

Student working with admissions-we're not done. When I interviewed here I didn't get invited until early January, came in early February.
When do you think would be the last date for the school to send out II?

Based on past threads it looks like if you interview mid November or after you automatically get WL? Any current students know if this is still true?
I'd hope not lol. I don't know why they would do it like that

When do you think would be the last date for the school to send out II?
I'm not sure when they would send it, but we interviewed into late March/early April last year.

Damn thats late! How much time do they usually give to schedule an II?
I can only speak to my experience when I interviewed 4 years ago (damn, that's hard to think about lol), but I had about a month between when I got my interview and went in person in for it.

I can only speak to my experience when I interviewed 4 years ago (damn, that's hard to think about lol), but I had about a month between when I got my interview and went in person in for it.

OK. So one month would indicate that they probably stop sending them out in February which I think is common for most MD schools

Does USF accept letters of interest post-interview (not Intent - i know they mention they want us to wait for a decision before intent letter)
We do. I'd send it as an update and at least 2 months after the interview

Based on past threads it looks like if you interview mid November or after you automatically get WL? Any current students know if this is still true?
I know multiple people here who interviewed after November

USF doesn't accept anything PRE II right ?Like updates?

Has anyone who interviewed on 10/31 or later heard anything back yet?

Last edited: