You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lonestarapplicant
Full Member
PRE MATCHED AT 12:28 PM!!!!
LM 74.5, URM, Interviewed 8/26
LM 74.5, URM, Interviewed 8/26
beansncheese
Full Member
Got the A!!! Very excited, interviewed late Sept 🙂)))
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What time did you get the email/call?Got the A!!! Very excited, interviewed late Sept 🙂)))
beansncheese
Full Member
What time did you get the email/call?
I got the email 1:43 ET!
How is your partner doing at the rest of the Texas schools?Prematched! Interviewed 9/23!
beansncheese
Full Member
This is me exposing myself, I am the partner LOLHow is your partner doing at the rest of the Texas schools?
D
deleted760686
No, I amThis is me exposing myself, I am the partner LOL
Oh no, you are going to give up room and board for @MercifulCamper at UTSW and flee to St Louis.This is me exposing myself, I am the partner LOL
justhappy2behere
Full Member
Received a pre-match A today! Interviewed 10/7/22
D
deleted1141024
Maybe @beansncheese can convince them to admit me also but yeah she's definitely the superior applicant and has been having quite a bit of success both in and outside of TexasOh no, you are going to give up room and board for @MercifulCamper at UTSW and flee to St Louis.
Don't sell yourself short.Maybe @beansncheese can convince them to admit me also but yeah she's definitely the superior applicant and has been having quite a bit of success both in and outside of Texas
beansncheese
Full Member
A saga unfolding.....Oh no, you are going to give up room and board for @MercifulCamper at UTSW and flee to St Louis.
beansncheese
Full Member
+++++++++++++++++++++10000000000000000000000, he's 1000000000x selling himself short. A true king and angelDon't sell yourself short.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The way she is getting interviews, I dont know if it is worth asking the school who might not be the final destination.Maybe @beansncheese can convince them to admit me also but yeah she's definitely the superior applicant and has been having quite a bit of success both in and outside of Texas
Congratulations to all my fellow SDNers!! I can only imagine how excited you are right now! Let's GO!!!
agua.connoisseur
Full Member
Are they prematching OOS too or IS applicants only?
Only IS get prematchesAre they prematching OOS too or IS applicants only?
There should be OOS admissions at Long since they seem to be doing more than 10%.
Prematch is a term specific to IS.
Prematch is a term specific to IS.
Last edited:
agua.connoisseur
Full Member
Thanks guys!
I somehow missed this post, but I think your observation about the median MCAT given the class size is on the money. Long is loaded with high-stat students.519 is a crazy number for a school that's not T20 and a class size of 200+. USF Morsani is pretty similar in that regard. Given recent trends, I wonder if the accepted median MCAT will hit 520 this year.
MCAT and GPA do factor in, as Long definitely ascended from previously being ranked lower than A&M and UTMB a few years ago to above both of them by quite a bit. But I get what you're saying as well, as without increased NIH funding and other related factors, it'll be really tough for Long to continue their ascension past a certain point.The rankings dont go up based on student quality but there must be a component in research and primary care since Long is the third highest ranked school in the state in both.
From what I understood, USNews research ranking is primarily based on per faculty average research funding but looks like they have been refining their model. Now they have 20% on MCAT score (0.13) and GPA+selectivity (0.06+ 0.01).MCAT and GPA do factor in, as Long definitely ascended from previously being ranked lower than A&M and UTMB a few years ago to above both of them by quite a bit. But I get what you're saying as well, as without increased NIH funding and other related factors, it'll be really tough for Long to continue their ascension past a certain point.
Last edited:
Indeed! Add in NIH funding and it's easy to see why those on top stay on top. Long is on their way, though!From what I understood, USNews research ranking is primarily based on per faculty average research funding but looks like they have been refining their model. Now they have 20% on MCAT score (0.13) and GPA+selectivity (0.06+ 0.01).
Ricky’s is the best price value taco I have ever seen btwCongrats to all the admitted students! Y’all are going to be awesome doctors.
Don’t forget to check out Ricky’s Tacos, Datapoint Tacos and Ezekiel’s Tacos to get through your 1am study sessions! (I swear I don’t sponsor any of them)
Congrats to all the prematches!!!
WAMCthrowaway
Full Member
For those who have been invited to interview, does the link to take the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI) work? I want to go ahead and complete this, but when I click the clink, I get a "link is not active" message. Any help would be really appreciated!
DMCMB
Full Member
I would try opening it on Chrome in incognito. If that doesn’t work then email admissions requesting a new link.For those who have been invited to interview, does the link to take the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI) work? I want to go ahead and complete this, but when I click the clink, I get a "link is not active" message. Any help would be really appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clydetheorangeghost
Full Member
How long does it take for UTSA to show up on tmdsas? I interviewed Friday and can’t add this school to my rankings yet
Give it 2-3 weeksHow long does it take for UTSA to show up on tmdsas? I interviewed Friday and can’t add this school to my rankings yet
drskittles
Full Member
they said the following wednesday but it has shown up my portal already, interviewed on friday as wellHow long does it take for UTSA to show up on tmdsas? I interviewed Friday and can’t add this school to my rankings yet
Last edited:
thehottestnerd
Full Member
Where are my Friday interview people at! Are yall going to the thing tomorrow?
Interesting to see no one else here heard anything yesterday. Almost like they admitted a very small number.one of my friends just prematched here
Hi, congrats to your friend! Could I ask when they interviewed? From the last two cycles' threads, it looks like ppl who interviewed from August to early October had a wave of prematches in early November similar to this year, while those who interviewed in late October to December had a wave of prematches in late Januaryone of my friends just prematched here
less than a week agoHi, congrats to your friend! Could I ask when they interviewed? From the last two cycles' threads, it looks like ppl who interviewed from August to early October had a wave of prematches in early November similar to this year, while those who interviewed in late October to December had a wave of prematches in late January
Must be quite special!less than a week ago
Wow, that's absolutely incredible! Would it be ok for me to ask if you believe anything stood out in your friend's application, such as essays, leadership, or stats? (Congrats on your app cycle too btw! 🙂)less than a week ago
He's a competitive applicant with other acceptances too. I wouldn't feel down that you didn't get a prematch. Most people don't, especially at Long, and not prematching won't realistically hurt your chances of matching here.Wow, that's absolutely incredible! Would it be ok for me to ask if you believe anything stood out in your friend's application, such as essays, leadership, or stats? (Congrats on your app cycle too btw! 🙂)
I got a II on 11/18!Any II waves lately?
Congrats!! Can I ask what dates were availableI got a II on 11/18!
Last edited:
Thank you!! I only saw two dates in Dec, and I did not scroll for Januay dates (sorry :/)Congrats!! Can I ask what dates were available
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forgot to mention I am OOS. LM 78.8II just now!
Congrats!!!! What dates are available?IS II just now! Complete 7/20ish. LM 71.
Congrats!!!! What dates are available?
Thank you! Each Friday in January.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K