2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get their first admission?

Members don't see this ad.

Got the A!!! Very excited, interviewed late Sept :))))

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe @beansncheese can convince them to admit me also but yeah she's definitely the superior applicant and has been having quite a bit of success both in and outside of Texas
The way she is getting interviews, I dont know if it is worth asking the school who might not be the final destination.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all my fellow SDNers!! I can only imagine how excited you are right now! Let's GO!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
There should be OOS admissions at Long since they seem to be doing more than 10%.

Prematch is a term specific to IS.

Last edited:
519 is a crazy number for a school that's not T20 and a class size of 200+. USF Morsani is pretty similar in that regard. Given recent trends, I wonder if the accepted median MCAT will hit 520 this year.
I somehow missed this post, but I think your observation about the median MCAT given the class size is on the money. Long is loaded with high-stat students.

The rankings dont go up based on student quality but there must be a component in research and primary care since Long is the third highest ranked school in the state in both.
MCAT and GPA do factor in, as Long definitely ascended from previously being ranked lower than A&M and UTMB a few years ago to above both of them by quite a bit. But I get what you're saying as well, as without increased NIH funding and other related factors, it'll be really tough for Long to continue their ascension past a certain point.

MCAT and GPA do factor in, as Long definitely ascended from previously being ranked lower than A&M and UTMB a few years ago to above both of them by quite a bit. But I get what you're saying as well, as without increased NIH funding and other related factors, it'll be really tough for Long to continue their ascension past a certain point.
From what I understood, USNews research ranking is primarily based on per faculty average research funding but looks like they have been refining their model. Now they have 20% on MCAT score (0.13) and GPA+selectivity (0.06+ 0.01).

Last edited:
From what I understood, USNews research ranking is primarily based on per faculty average research funding but looks like they have been refining their model. Now they have 20% on MCAT score (0.13) and GPA+selectivity (0.06+ 0.01).
Indeed! Add in NIH funding and it's easy to see why those on top stay on top. Long is on their way, though!

Completely missed the email initially but I pre-matched the day before yesterday! IS applicant interviewed 9/30.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all the admitted students! Y’all are going to be awesome doctors.

Don’t forget to check out Ricky’s Tacos, Datapoint Tacos and Ezekiel’s Tacos to get through your 1am study sessions! (I swear I don’t sponsor any of them)
Ricky’s is the best price value taco I have ever seen btw

For those who have been invited to interview, does the link to take the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI) work? I want to go ahead and complete this, but when I click the clink, I get a "link is not active" message. Any help would be really appreciated!

For those who have been invited to interview, does the link to take the Standard One-Way Video Interview (SOWVI) work? I want to go ahead and complete this, but when I click the clink, I get a "link is not active" message. Any help would be really appreciated!
I would try opening it on Chrome in incognito. If that doesn’t work then email admissions requesting a new link.

How long does it take for UTSA to show up on tmdsas? I interviewed Friday and can’t add this school to my rankings yet

How long does it take for UTSA to show up on tmdsas? I interviewed Friday and can’t add this school to my rankings yet
they said the following wednesday but it has shown up my portal already, interviewed on friday as well

Last edited:
one of my friends just prematched here

Reactions: 6 users
one of my friends just prematched here
Hi, congrats to your friend! Could I ask when they interviewed? From the last two cycles' threads, it looks like ppl who interviewed from August to early October had a wave of prematches in early November similar to this year, while those who interviewed in late October to December had a wave of prematches in late January

Hi, congrats to your friend! Could I ask when they interviewed? From the last two cycles' threads, it looks like ppl who interviewed from August to early October had a wave of prematches in early November similar to this year, while those who interviewed in late October to December had a wave of prematches in late January
less than a week ago

• Love
  • Hmm
Wow, that's absolutely incredible! Would it be ok for me to ask if you believe anything stood out in your friend's application, such as essays, leadership, or stats? (Congrats on your app cycle too btw! :))
He's a competitive applicant with other acceptances too. I wouldn't feel down that you didn't get a prematch. Most people don't, especially at Long, and not prematching won't realistically hurt your chances of matching here.

IS II just now! Complete 7/20ish. LM 71.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users