You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LM 71Well I'll be damned! Lol, congratulations my friend. LM if you don't mind?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! 63, with a 4.0 postbac. I'm nontrad/URM.LM? Congrats btw
Pineapple768
Full Member
stressful 😅😅
AngryBoiSquirrel
New Member
OOS II +2, LM 63, Submitted 7/20 (Secondary right?)
Last edited:
AngryBoiSquirrel
New Member
Yes! I took my Casper on 06/28.For those of you who received II, were your casper scores already received when you were marked complete?
What was your quartile (if you don't mind sharing)?Yes! I took my Casper on 06/28.
I took my Casper 5/5 and got 4th quartile.What was your quartile (if you don't mind sharing)?
D
deleted1129521
congrats! casper score?OOS II just now
Do you guys think casper score matters a lot for this school?
Highly doubt it. School websites can be a good indicator as there are certain schools that do value it more.Do you guys think casper score matters a lot for this school?
HeadEmpty91
Full Member
Any update on this/have you received an II from them? They requested to follow me as well and I'm not sure what to do hahaAny thoughts on why UVM LCOM would follow me on Instagram? (kinda strange). I submitted my secondary the first day I got it (July 1st) and I'm not one of the lucky few who have received an II today. Is it just a social media screen? It just seems like they only follow their students/alums/other academic organizations, so I'm not sure why they'd follow me. Do adcoms run social media accounts? I'm probably overthinking this whole thing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's the Office of Medical Communications that runs their social accounts, not admissions 🙂 Can't speak to why they'd follow you necessarily but maybe you interacted with a post or something and they liked your vibe hahaAny thoughts on why UVM LCOM would follow me on Instagram? (kinda strange). I submitted my secondary the first day I got it (July 1st) and I'm not one of the lucky few who have received an II today. Is it just a social media screen? It just seems like they only follow their students/alums/other academic organizations, so I'm not sure why they'd follow me. Do adcoms run social media accounts? I'm probably overthinking this whole thing.
II OOS
Last edited:
Y'all think they'll send me a II? I really would love to vibe with the student body and have camping trips in the forest of Vermont. I'm OOS from Texas so I know it's a long shot 🙁 I love y'all though!!
Do you mind sharing if you're an ORM or URM or any distinguishing factors you have? You have interviews to some of my top schools with very similar stats to me!OOS II just now
HalJordann
Full Member
Also curious, because I would love to go to this school!Do you mind sharing if you're an ORM or URM or any distinguishing factors you have? You have interviews to some of my top schools with very similar stats to me!
What time today did you receive your II?II OOS
LM 71, WARS 76, ORM
complete 7/4/22
About 8:30 am PSTWhat time today did you receive your II?
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Was II in an email?
yes! received the email then the portal added a tab to schedule for next monthWas II in an email?
HalJordann
Full Member
Did everyone get an application complete email?
Can a current student please tell me about the culture of the schoool? Also how is the surrounding area?
Can someone shed some advice on how they tackled the first prompt on the secondary? Do you think it's fine to talk about a general experience working with those different from you or is a specific example better? Having a hard time coming up with specific situations.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wrote about working with parolees and what i learned about myself through this experience. i chose something specific because my experiences aloud for it— maybe working with homeless populations, people with mental illness, cognitive deficits, or even if you volunteered w/ hospice and learned something from seeing patients with terminal illnesses? just some ideasCan someone shed some advice on how they tackled the first prompt on the secondary? Do you think it's fine to talk about a general experience working with those different from you or is a specific example better? Having a hard time coming up with specific situations.
ArcticAdventure
New Member
Is it fine if you submit two science professor letters and one physician?
Is it fine if you submit two science professor letters and one physician?
You’ll have to email admissions. They want you to send in your primary first so they can review your app to see if you qualify for a waiver (if you’re non-trad I believe this makes that a lot more likely.) They genuinely won’t tell you whether or not you qualify until sending in the primary though, even if you email first.
(Saying this based on my experience this cycle — they were very responsive though and did grant me the waiver.)
II today at 2pm. Secondary submitted 7/7.
same here im in absoluyte shockIn shock just got an II OOS low stats :')
Same :') but we got this!! Also, the interview is virtual right? Idk why I got in-person vibes lolsame here im in absoluyte shock
In shock just got an II OOS low stats :')
Were y'all complete early July as well?same here im in absoluyte shock
Yup, 7/12 I think!Were y'all complete early July as well?
D
deleted1067572
submitted late july… patiently waiting now haha. congrats on getting ii you guys!
cool cool, congrats!!!Yup, 7/12 I think!
aperolmonkey27
Full Member
II complete 7/15!!
Stats?🥲
Congrats!!
3.5 undergrad GPA with a 3.18 science, 3.9 grad GPA, 511 MCAT, OOS, no ties to the state except visiting the parks which I did mention lol, lots of research and community service
D
deleted1067572
omg we have very similar stats… fingers crossed3.5 undergrad GPA with a 3.18 science, 3.9 grad GPA, 511 MCAT, OOS, no ties to the state except visiting the parks which I did mention lol, lots of research and community service
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 6/30 and haven't gotten any updates
What email?For those who are interviewing, what kinds of questions are you sending over in regards to the email we received?
D
deleted1128833
anyone with 1Q Casper get an II? I am wondering if they screen...