You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations!! You're absolutely killing it this cycle! 🙂II just now. 512, 3.95, Texas res, URM, no research, no ties. Voted for Bernie!!! Completed 7/1/22
And you’ve been really supportive this cycle! I love you! <3Congratulations!! You're absolutely killing it this cycle! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really appreciate that! I have had a stressful start to my job and you have really brightened up my dayAnd you’ve been really supportive this cycle! I love you! <3
Bringing positive energy to spread positive energy!I am truly living for this positive energy on here!
Can anyone provide insight on the culture of this school? Hopefully the students there are as nice as the people in this chat
In addition, the MMIs are individual with the interviewers right? Like you're not with other students during itanybody know what the team building exercise consists of for the interview day?
All MMIs are an individual event. Just you and the interviewer.In addition, the MMIs are individual with the interviewers right? Like you're not with other students during it
Oooo ty :')!All MMIs are an individual event. Just you and the interviewer.
Have any in-state applicants heard from them? According to MSAR there's about 85 IS applicants every year, of which 73 get interviews. I haven't heard from them as an IS applicant but I'm applying primarily MD/PhD and I'm not sure if it's because my resume is so clearly MSTP-oriented or if IS applicants are in a separate pool. LM 82.5 and 13 MD/PhD IIs so far.
Not sure if this answers your questions, but here is what Vermont just sent me:Can anyone provide insight on the culture of this school? Hopefully the students there are as nice as the people in this chat
Dear MCAThiccy,
We are exceptionally proud that you have scheduled an interview/recruitment day with Larner College of Medicine. Attached you will find further information regarding the college. If you have any further questions, please email the school or call us directly at 802-656-2154 or [email protected].
Vermont Integrated Curriculum Diagram
Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship
Student Financial Services Welcome
Video - Welcome from Dr. Zehle
Virtual Tour: Vermont Campus
Virtual Tour Connecticut Campus
Clinical Campus FAQs
Current M2 here - definitely can attest to a really friendly and collaborative culture 🙂 Happy to chat over DMs (with anyone) if you have specific questions. Also, interview days this year have scheduled student panels in the afternoons (non-evaluated) and a handful of entirely student-run Q&A Zooms throughout the fall as well so lots of chances to hear multiple opinions!Can anyone provide insight on the culture of this school? Hopefully the students there are as nice as the people in this chat
Can I ask about your app cycle with UVM -- when you got your II/A? Do you think a lot of people in your class heard back very early or was it evenly spaced, etc?Current M2 here - definitely can attest to a really friendly and collaborative culture 🙂 Happy to chat over DMs (with anyone) if you have specific questions. Also, interview days this year have scheduled student panels in the afternoons (non-evaluated) and a handful of entirely student-run Q&A Zooms throughout the fall as well so lots of chances to hear multiple opinions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think it’s too late to submit my primary now? It’s already verified etc thankfully. Wasnt thinking about Vermont until I did a heavy read through their website and think it would be a great fit. I’m also non trad and don’t have a non-science LOR. Have 2 science and then 5 clinical research/doctor/employment LORs.
I say apply and email them for a waiver. Its what I did, I didn't meet the exact requirements and they gave me a waiverDo you guys think it’s too late to submit my primary now? It’s already verified etc thankfully. Wasnt thinking about Vermont until I did a heavy read through their website and think it would be a great fit. I’m also non trad and don’t have a non-science LOR. Have 2 science and then 5 clinical research/doctor/employment LORs.
Hmm, anecdotally, I feel like it was pretty all over the board. My II came in November, interviewed December, accepted February. But by comparison, one of my current roommates interviewed the same day I did, was initially waitlisted, and then accepted ~1-2 months after (maybe shorter). I sort of recall waves of acceptances going out about once per month, but no one could pin down an exact pattern.Can I ask about your app cycle with UVM -- when you got your II/A? Do you think a lot of people in your class heard back very early or was it evenly spaced, etc?
From what I’ve seen, it’s a mixture more heavily leaning on ethical scenarios and what would you do situations. Some classics like “tell us about yourself”, “ describe yourself as a listener”, and “describe a time you were resilient” were asked of me from several schools.For the MMI, will there be both ethical and traditional questions? Not asking for specifics, but I guess I'm just a little unfamiliar with the MMI process. Do most schools ask a mixture of these questions divided over stations?
Thanks, this is super helpful :')!From what I’ve seen, it’s a mixture more heavily leaning on ethical scenarios and what would you do situations. Some classics like “tell us about yourself”, “ describe yourself as a listener”, and “describe a time you were resilient” were asked of me from several schools.
I am also an M2 and am glad to answer questions anyone has! Feel free to DM or ask here.
Hey M2! I hope you’re getting ready for Step! As for the MMI, was there a Why Us? Question?I am also an M2 and am glad to answer questions anyone has! Feel free to DM or ask here.
As for the school, what do you think you’d change or add to the school? What are some of the things you like about Vermont and the area of Burlington? What are some of the things that your classmates and friends do for fun? In regards to the school what is something that you really love about the school? If you can say something for future and current applicants, what is your advice in looking for a school and why should we choose Vermont over other schools in your opinion? And thank you I know I asked a lot of questions but Vermont is kind of a top choice for me right now.
Thanks for taking the time to do this!I am also an M2 and am glad to answer questions anyone has! Feel free to DM or ask here.
I was wondering about how UVM incorporates the medical humanities into their curriculum, if at all? Additionally, do they have a big focus on psychosocial aspects of medicine, like social determinants of health? Do they also place importance on student activism?
lmaoHey M2! I hope you’re getting ready for Step!
M1 here. In terms of humanities we have small group led sessions where we discuss various topics around medical school, medicine, stress etc. Usually pretty nice and you get to meet and really get to know the people in your group. Privacy and non disclosure is mandated there as we tend to go deep into fairly personal issues too. We also have ethics as part of the first year curriculum which is pretty nice and social determinants of health are a major topic. In terms of student activism, I am not too sure, but an M2 would probably answer the question better.Thanks for taking the time to do this!
I was wondering about how UVM incorporates the medical humanities into their curriculum, if at all? Additionally, do they have a big focus on psychosocial aspects of medicine, like social determinants of health? Do they also place importance on student activism?
Change/add - First semester curriculum is honestly pretty difficult in terms of just the sheer spread of information. Later semesters become far more focused, but learning what feels like a billion subjects at the same time is kinda tough. The mixture of lectures, small groups, and TBL is pretty weird, but I realistically only dislike the TBLs and they are fairly split up through the semester.Hey M2! I hope you’re getting ready for Step! As for the MMI, was there a Why Us? Question?
As for the school, what do you think you’d change or add to the school? What are some of the things you like about Vermont and the area of Burlington? What are some of the things that your classmates and friends do for fun? In regards to the school what is something that you really love about the school? If you can say something for future and current applicants, what is your advice in looking for a school and why should we choose Vermont over other schools in your opinion? And thank you I know I asked a lot of questions but Vermont is kind of a top choice for me right now.
Vermont/Burlington - Very pretty. If you are outdoorsy, tons there. Haven't gotten to explore much and haven't survived the winter yet though.
Fun - Hikes are pretty popular. Trivia, bars, generally exploring the city.
Love about school/Why Vermont - VERY supportive and encouraging environment. True P/F, 1.5 year preclinical, recorded lectures, not a ton of mandatory attendance, lots of tutoring and support, amazing class that has been absolutely lovely to each other so far. Mind you the perspective is limited as an M1, but the overall experience is very welcoming.
You know... at this point where I'm wondering if schools have even seen my app. I called to confirm that it was complete just in case something was missing.
The admissions office was super nice and then they said yes. Hurts even more now
The admissions office was super nice and then they said yes. Hurts even more now
oh do they read in order of submitted??You know... at this point where I'm wondering if schools have even seen my app. I called to confirm that it was complete just in case something was missing.
The admissions office was super nice and then they said yes. Hurts even more now
![]()
Adcoms work in mysterious ways, I would not be able to tell you. My guess is that they throw all of our apps at the wall like spaghetti and read the ones that stick at this pointoh do they read in order of submitted??
The frustration is SO real!!! I'm sending you a hug, friend!!Adcoms work in mysterious ways, I would not be able to tell you. My guess is that they throw all of our apps at the wall like spaghetti and read the ones that stick at this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That meme touched me.... dang... more crying than laughing...You know... at this point where I'm wondering if schools have even seen my app. I called to confirm that it was complete just in case something was missing.
The admissions office was super nice and then they said yes. Hurts even more now
![]()
Skip to like minute 35 and onward to hear how Vermont extends interviews and also about its screening process.
MCAThiccy always coming in with the best resources!! You're a rockstar [emoji846]
Skip to like minute 35 and onward to hear how Vermont extends interviews and also about its screening process.
Skip to like minute 35 and onward to hear how Vermont extends interviews and also about its screening process.
Is there a podcast ep from this series for most schools??? I haven't seen these before!!
Not all schools but they do have quite a few - Case, Denver, OHSU..Is there a podcast ep from this series for most schools??? I haven't seen these before!!
For sure. Here you go: All Access: Med School Admissions on StitcherIs there a podcast ep from this series for most schools??? I haven't seen these before!!
I love you by the way!
STOPPPPP I will crYYYY I am fragileeeeFor sure. Here you go: All Access: Med School Admissions on Stitcher
I love you by the way!
This is a modern love story that can win multiple OscarsSTOPPPPP I will crYYYY I am fragileeee
Would that count as my it factor on my app??? Should i send an update??? pls adviseThis is a modern love story that can win multiple Oscars
Only if you win best actor/actress in a leading role. I’ve heard about applicants who got nominated and didn’t win which led to them getting automatically rejected from every accredited medical school. Proceed with cautionWould that count as my it factor on my app??? Should i send an update??? pls advise
omg you're right you're right. should wait until I've bagged the EGOT.Only if you win best actor/actress in a leading role. I’ve heard about applicants who got nominated and didn’t win which led to them getting automatically rejected from every accredited medical school. Proceed with caution
Anyone who’s interviewed so far— did they tell you whenabouts they were sending out decisions? I interviewed last week and can’t remember if they said when (and if they did I didn’t write it down). UVM very swiftly went to my tippity top choice after how wonderful the whole interview day was, and now my poor anxious heart wants to prepare itself for whatever day decisions may be 🥲
They will accept you, Thiccy speaketh it soAnyone who’s interviewed so far— did they tell you whenabouts they were sending out decisions? I interviewed last week and can’t remember if they said when (and if they did I didn’t write it down). UVM very swiftly went to my tippity top choice after how wonderful the whole interview day was, and now my poor anxious heart wants to prepare itself for whatever day decisions may be 🥲
i love you thiccyThey will accept you, Thiccy speaketh it so
And I love you too.i love you thiccy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe they said they begin sending out acceptances on and after October 17thAnyone who’s interviewed so far— did they tell you whenabouts they were sending out decisions? I interviewed last week and can’t remember if they said when (and if they did I didn’t write it down). UVM very swiftly went to my tippity top choice after how wonderful the whole interview day was, and now my poor anxious heart wants to prepare itself for whatever day decisions may be 🥲
They will accept you, Thiccy speaketh it so
I love you Thiccy. If we end up at the same school I’m baking you pastries.
it was very low stress imo, the initial parts i was more nervous and i felt like i did worse so the best thing you can do is remain calm!! i'm also a fairly anxious person and i was worried about the group activity too but honestly it was fun and relaxedAny tips for people interviewing this week :')
just like any other mmi, just try to relax and answer the question to the best of your abilities by pulling from your experiences and making sure you consider all sides, good luck!
Thanks, this was super helpful :') as a fellow anxious person myself, this gives me ease hahait was very low stress imo, the initial parts i was more nervous and i felt like i did worse so the best thing you can do is remain calm!! i'm also a fairly anxious person and i was worried about the group activity too but honestly it was fun and relaxed
just like any other mmi, just try to relax and answer the question to the best of your abilities by pulling from your experiences and making sure you consider all sides, good luck!