-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
HalfManHalfShark
Full Member
Congrats! How significant was your update and was it also a letter of interest?II for Wednesday! Sent an update 01/05
Thanks! Pretty significant update imo, including a new clinical job with a few months of experience. It was a letter of interest as well, yes.Congrats! How significant was your update and was it also a letter of interest?
Edit: They also referred to the letter in my II ("thank you for your recent letter of interest").
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HalfManHalfShark
Full Member
Thanks guys. How long was it generally? Like I want to reflect on my experiences but I read that I'm supposed to keep it under a page. So the draft I have now is very brief about the updates, but it has a significantly larger paragraph at the end explaining why I think the school is a great fit for me. I really would appreciate a general guideline on the structure of these things.I also sent a letter of interest/update before getting a II, if that helps anyone! Almost identical details to the one by @Haitch_Peetz
wantabedoctor
Full Member
SameHello all! I hope everyone’s 2023 is going well! I have had radio silence since I was app complete on 8/11 and I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat/had any more info.
Congrats! Are you in IS or OOS? Stats?II for Wednesday! Sent an update 01/05.
Edit: Complete sometime in August
Thanks! I didn't realize this thread doesn't show signatures lol. CA ORM, LM/WARS 70Congrats! Are you in IS or OOS? Stats?
I listed 3-4 experiences with 1-2 sentences describing and 1-2 sentences reflecting. Add in a little intro and the letter stuff ("To the AdCom of Larner COM" and "Thank you, Name"), and I reached a full page double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 with default Docs margins. Submitted as a PDF attachment.Thanks guys. How long was it generally? Like I want to reflect on my experiences but I read that I'm supposed to keep it under a page. So the draft I have now is very brief about the updates, but it has a significantly larger paragraph at the end explaining why I think the school is a great fit for me. I really would appreciate a general guideline on the structure of these things.
willworkforsnacks01
Full Member
For the locals, I am an out of stater coming to visit the school for a second look in a couple of weeks, and was wondering which ski resorts are the best near the school? (I have the Epic Pass)
Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
I'm not seeing a place to submit update letters. Is it in the portal somewhere or did you email admission directly to submit an update?I listed 3-4 experiences with 1-2 sentences describing and 1-2 sentences reflecting. Add in a little intro and the letter stuff ("To the AdCom of Larner COM" and "Thank you, Name"), and I reached a full page double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 with default Docs margins. Submitted as a PDF attachment.
confusedonceagain
Full Member
+1I'm not seeing a place to submit update letters. Is it in the portal somewhere or did you email admission directly to submit an update?
I emailed mine! They responded to tell me they received it after a few days.
premedpreemie
Full Member
If you have an Epic, Stowe is the best option. Fingers crossed we get some snow soon!For the locals, I am an out of stater coming to visit the school for a second look in a couple of weeks, and was wondering which ski resorts are the best near the school? (I have the Epic Pass)
Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Same, emailed it.I emailed mine! They responded to tell me they received it after a few days.
my man. any 9/28 interview crew still waiting?9/23 interviewer still waiting for that 6-8 week post-II decision lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MDBoundEventually
Full Member
I am in the same boat as you - OOO and utter silence.Hello all! I hope everyone’s 2023 is going well! I have had radio silence since I was app complete on 8/11 and I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat/had any more info.
How did it go!?I'm interviewing on Wednesday. So has nobody heard back this cycle post-interview?
did they mention anything about how many more interview invites they expect to go out?Hey, I thought it went pretty well. Nothing out of left field, and admissions was very warm and welcoming. Interview group was small, only about 10 or 12 people in total. All were nice. I think people will like hearing from the current MS's as well, especially about the two clinical campuses.
They mentioned things have gotten pretty backed up because of the holiday season, and that our group can expect to hear sometime in March. I presume everyone else will hear sooner than that. Good luck everyone!
Mine is a publication. I think I emailed it.What is the Deal with update letters here? They are accepted now? If so, how do we send them?
A research publication?Mine is a publication. I think I emailed it.
megachondria
New Member
Hello! First MMI here - would anyone know if the MMI evaluates our application (e.g., academic performance, volunteer experiences) or our personal characteristics (e.g., ethical judgement, conflict resolution)? Some guidance, without discussing specifics, would definitely relieve anxiety. Thank you! I hope we all get into medical school!
Personal characteristicsHello! First MMI here - would anyone know if the MMI evaluates our application (e.g., academic performance, volunteer experiences) or our personal characteristics (e.g., ethical judgement, conflict resolution)? Some guidance, without discussing specifics, would definitely relieve anxiety. Thank you! I hope we all get into medical school!
more personal and how you interact with others. Very focused on social problems and LGBTQ topics 🙂
YesA research publication?
Catboysonly
Full Member
Did OOS applicants get their post-II decisions yet? I interviewed in early October and haven’t heard anything. They said on my interview day that they would start releasing OOS decisions after Dec. 15
Interviewed on 11/04 and haven't heard back, but they said our decisions would likely be mid-January. Hoping for some good news this week!Did OOS applicants get their post-II decisions yet? I interviewed in early October and haven’t heard anything. They said on my interview day that they would start releasing OOS decisions after Dec. 15
Anyone stalk old history to know when they send latest ii? :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed.How do I submit my letter? Just email to admissions?
Awesome. Thanks!!!I emailed.
confusedonceagain
Full Member
Did they send you a confirmation email?Awesome. Thanks!!!
Not the same person, but I did!Did they send you a confirmation email?
It came a few days later but it was during the holidays so there might've been some backup.
DM meDid they send you a confirmation email?
last year, they sent iis (reported on here) thru early to mid Feb. You can thank my craziness for this infoAnyone stalk old history to know when they send latest ii? :/
Perfect Valentines Day rose 🌹 for me. Skip the II. Straight to A. 😂last year, they sent iis (reported on here) thru early to mid Feb. You can thank my craziness for this info
Hi all! Just sending good vibes; I don’t know about anyone else but I’m starting to get a bit stressed because the I would love to hear back from UVM regarding delayed decision before I start evaluating whether or not I need to reapply next cycle!
Man I am sitting on the edge of my seat with this DDHi all! Just sending good vibes; I don’t know about anyone else but I’m starting to get a bit stressed because the I would love to hear back from UVM regarding delayed decision before I start evaluating whether or not I need to reapply next cycle!
jjll
Full Member
Man I am sitting on the edge of my seat with this DD
Same, I have already started to restudy for the MCATHi all! Just sending good vibes; I don’t know about anyone else but I’m starting to get a bit stressed because the I would love to hear back from UVM regarding delayed decision before I start evaluating whether or not I need to reapply next cycle!
sadpremedgirl
Full Member
@Haitch_Peetz congrats!! was wondering if you sent the letter while being on the DD list or were you waitlisted? Also was it a more update letter or letter of interest? On the DD list and would love if Vermont worked out!! PS if you are okay with it I would love if we could message about it 🙂
It was more of an update letter, but it has some interest vibes lol. I sent it b4 getting an II, so I was just in post-2ndary limbo. Still waiting to hear back post-interview. Feel free to pm if you have any other q's.@Haitch_Peetz congrats!! was wondering if you sent the letter while being on the DD list or were you waitlisted? Also was it a more update letter or letter of interest? On the DD list and would love if Vermont worked out!! PS if you are okay with it I would love if we could message about it 🙂
Why today?Any september interviewees with DDs hear back yet? Was hoping to hear back today this wait is brutal
Idk I thought they meet on thursdays in the middle of the month :/Why today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s kind of been a theme that they send status updates ~15-17th of the month.Why today?
Did they say til when they’ll be sending out II?
throwaway198773
Full Member
II on Wed. OOS
Best of luck! When are you having it?II on Wed. OOS
throwaway198773
Full Member
Best of luck! When are you having it?
Thanks! First day avail. was 1/31. and then a few days in Feb. didn't check March