2022-2023 Vermont

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I was wondering when/ if to send a letter of continued interest. I am not sure about sending a letter of intent just because I am looking forward to attending more interviews but I loved my interview day and was wondering if a letter of continued interest is okay. I interviewed in early December so I’m thinking it’s almost time for a decision. Let me know what y’all think
 
Hey guys, I was wondering when/ if to send a letter of continued interest. I am not sure about sending a letter of intent just because I am looking forward to attending more interviews but I loved my interview day and was wondering if a letter of continued interest is okay. I interviewed in early December so I’m thinking it’s almost time for a decision. Let me know what y’all think
Personally if this was my only interview I would send a letter of intent. If I had multiple interviews but didn’t like this one the most, then interest/update letter
 
Personally if this was my only interview I would send a letter of intent. If I had multiple interviews but didn’t like this one the most, then interest/update letter

Thank you! I have 2 others but this was my first so I feel it didn’t go that well.
 
Hey guys, I was wondering when/ if to send a letter of continued interest. I am not sure about sending a letter of intent just because I am looking forward to attending more interviews but I loved my interview day and was wondering if a letter of continued interest is okay. I interviewed in early December so I’m thinking it’s almost time for a decision. Let me know what y’all think
I would just send a letter of continued interest for the time being. Statistically, ~46% of people interviewed last year were accepted eventually (the formal waitlist completely got accepted last year). I would also note that many people interviewed in September, like myself, have not gotten a formal decision yet so I’d be patient 🙂
 
I have not seen any rejections on here (however people may be hesitant to post about it), and have friends who have not gotten interview offers but also haven’t gotten rejected. So my instinct says no formal rejections yet.
When I applied two cycles ago they rejected me mid-March:

“
Every year, we receive far more applications from highly qualified applicants than we can interview. We are sorry to inform you that we will not be able to grant you an interview this year and therefore your application will no longer be under consideration.

If you are looking for feedback on your application, we suggest contacting the pre-health advisor at your alma mater.”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Previously DD, OOS, LM 67.3, interviewed August, accepted today. Beyond excited. Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe, Facebook group, or something of that nature created already? My wife and I have 2 kids and are looking for a reasonably priced 2-3 bedroom 1-3 bathroom single standing home, townhouse, or apartment somewhere small, safe, and decently close to UVM. We have two cars and I would be able to commute to school. If you happen to know of anything please message me!
 
Previously DD, OOS, LM 67.3, interviewed August, accepted today. Beyond excited. Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe, Facebook group, or something of that nature created already? My wife and I have 2 kids and are looking for a reasonably priced 2-3 bedroom 1-3 bathroom single standing home, townhouse, or apartment somewhere small, safe, and decently close to UVM. We have two cars and I would be able to commute to school. If you happen to know of anything please message me!
I would join the Burlington town Facebook group. When I went to Uvm for undergrad it was super helpful for finding housing!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Previously DD, OOS, LM 67.3, interviewed August, accepted today. Beyond excited. Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe, Facebook group, or something of that nature created already? My wife and I have 2 kids and are looking for a reasonably priced 2-3 bedroom 1-3 bathroom single standing home, townhouse, or apartment somewhere small, safe, and decently close to UVM. We have two cars and I would be able to commute to school. If you happen to know of anything please message me!
when was your interview date?
 
A yesterday after interviewing 9/28. Was not DD before, first I've heard since interviewing.
Not impressed with the late response and lack of communication around it (told in interview November and now it's nearly February ?). I know some schools delay all decisions until Spring, which is fine, but those schools (in my case) told us up front and not a false expectation of timeline.
 
A yesterday after interviewing 9/28. Was not DD before, first I've heard since interviewing.
Not impressed with the late response and lack of communication around it (told in interview November and now it's nearly February ?). I know some schools delay all decisions until Spring, which is fine, but those schools (in my case) told us up front and not a false expectation of timeline.
I’ll take it off ur hands