2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only seeing manifests and no actual acceptances is destroying me. BUT I manifest that me and everyone on here will get in to their top choice school by the end of the week!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Today’s the day. Top choice waitlist acceptance inbound ☢️ ☢️

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else feel like they get the coldest email responses when communicating with schools...like it wouldn't kill you to have a little bit of compassion I'm hanging by a thread here 🥺🥺🥺
I agree. But I find that email correspondence and talking to a person is totally different.

I called one of the schools I’m WL on and the director of admissions asked me explicitly about the weather of the location I’m in and idk it just gave me some hope because you remember???? (my cell phone # area code is from another state).

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will get off the WL THIS WEEK

1684947303868.jpeg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Manifesting that I will get an A today from my one waitlist! :nailbiting:

• Love
I feel really delusional at this point for still being positive LOL

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Does anyone know what it could mean if my WL school's Facebook group decreased by 15 members overnight? Could this mean that 15 people withdrew their acceptance and left the group? I'm in the process of reapplying but seeing that gave me so much hope

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what it could mean if my WL school's Facebook group decreased by 15 members overnight? Could this mean that 15 people withdrew their acceptance and left the group? I'm in the process of reapplying but seeing that gave me so much hope
Could be any combination of people withdrawing, upperclassmen leaving the group, etc. But 15 sounds very promising.

Reactions: 1 user
⭐I have decided that I am receiving an acceptance call/email from my top choice waitlist school before my current school's CTE deadline. The universe has deemed it so, and I deserve it!⭐

• Love
⭐I have decided that I am receiving an acceptance call/email from my top choice waitlist school before my current school's CTE deadline. The universe has deemed it so, and I deserve it!⭐
Would you like to start a new thread?

Reactions: 5 users
Sadly, you must write another PS, even if themes remain the same.

in the new PS keeping to the same themes, do you think its alright to reuse the opener? I've been told that my opener was strong and I just cant think how I would match it.

would it be appropriate to call a school and ask about my likelihood of acceptance? I just don’t want to be annoying as I’ve already sent them a LOI and 2 updates in the span of the the last 3 months.

would it be appropriate to call a school and ask about my likelihood of acceptance? I just don’t want to be annoying as I’ve already sent them a LOI and 2 updates in the span of the the last 3 months.
I tried yesterday and the director of admissions said even they don’t really know because it’s a committee decision (at least at the schools I’m WL’d). Maybe it would be better to ask much closer to start of class or after CTE date? Let’s hope and pray we hear good news before then!

Reactions: 2 users
I wish I could ask if they read the LOI I sent the other day LOL like pls let me in I beg of u

The school I'm waitlisted at allows this, but I think it is obviously dependent on the school.

In the waitlist email I got initially from my WL school, they said we could contact them by phone or email and they should be able to give us an idea of how things are moving by mid-May. But they only provide information about the WL in relative terms (it's a ranked WL btw, and this school does not accept updates to improve one's standing on it). So when I called the admissions office a couple of weeks ago and spoke to an advisor, they told me that I'm in a "good spot" and they've gotten to my spot in previous years, including last year. But they didn't say how many people are on the list or how many people are ahead of me. Either way, this little bit of information is the only reason I have continued to hold on to some hope and have not started studying to retake the MCAT.

I have decided that I will be receiving an acceptance email/call from one of my 2 waitlists sometime this week!

• Love
in the new PS keeping to the same themes, do you think its alright to reuse the opener? I've been told that my opener was strong and I just cant think how I would match it.
The risk is that the screener just scans the opening (to compare with the previous PS) and will think you copied and pasted the old essay.

Reactions: 1 users
I was told something similar from one of the schools I've been waitlisted at, but I have to admit I'm starting to lose hope. I want to check in again, but I'm afraid of being annoying.
Feel you. I have submitted paperwork to my accepted school but my top school has me waitlisted. I could technically walk into the office because thats how close I am to it...but I haven't because not sure how it would be perceived. To be fair, other waitlisted students have emailed this particular school and received no response. Also no answering of their phones. I'd just like to know tbh. If its a no I can live with that just dont like the ambiguity.

The risk is that the screener just scans the opening (to compare with the previous PS) and will think you copied and pasted the old essay.

Do I have to rewrite my work and activities as well as my PS?

I'm afraid so.
Remember the advice from James Baldwin: "Write a sentence as clean as a bone."
Go through your W/A with this in mind.
when you are stating rewrite-- is it ok if we keep the same anecdotes but strengthen our take away reflections?

I feel like you guys are over stressing the importance of rewriting. I think it’s fine to keep the same PS and W/A as long as you have improvements to other parts of application (MCAT, LOR, New W/A, etc…)

I feel like you guys are over stressing the importance of rewriting. I think it’s fine to keep the same PS and W/A as long as you have improvements to other parts of application (MCAT, LOR, New W/A, etc…)
If one must go through this process more than once, re-writing is, by far, the biggest bang for the effort!

If one must go through this process more than once, re-writing is, by far, the biggest bang for the effort!
Should I rewrite everything if I’m applying to all new schools? For reference, this cycle I only applied to two schools(huge mistake).

For me, nothing would’ve changed btw this cycle and the next. Not my MCAT, my LOR’s, my GPA or any new activities (well I got another job as a policy analyst that I could talk about in my W/A but it’s not clinical and doesn’t really align w/ anything medicine). Tbh I don’t think rewriting anything would enhance my application. It would just be done to not have the same essays *if* I get interviews from the same schools I interviewed at previously.

As a true non trad with 2 full time jobs, real bills and real responsibilities—outside of volunteering on the weekends it is very difficult to enhance my app past what it already is. Not to toot my own horn but I have really cool/unique EC’s—that were possible when all I had to worry about was getting good grades. But that time has longgg passed lol. I did cool on my MCAT with 2 tutors, a class and a leave of absence from my job for 2 months. That is simply not happening anymore. I’m nervous bc the whole point of being a reapplicant is an even better application. And I’m concerned I’ll be in the same predicament or maybe worse since I’ll be even farther away from the time I started my EC’s way back when.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For me, nothing would’ve changed btw this cycle and the next. Not my MCAT, my LOR’s, my GPA or any new activities (well I got another job as a policy analyst that I could talk about in my W/A but it’s not clinical and doesn’t really align w/ anything medicine). Tbh I don’t think rewriting anything would enhance my application. It would just be done to not have the same essays *if* I get interviews from the same schools I interviewed at previously.

As a true non trad with 2 full time jobs, real bills and real responsibilities—outside of volunteering on the weekends it is very difficult to enhance my app past what it already is. Not to toot my own horn but I have really cool/unique EC’s—that were possible when all I had to worry about was getting good grades. But that time has longgg passed lol. I did cool on my MCAT with 2 tutors, a class and a leave of absence from my job for 2 months. That is simply not happening anymore. I’m nervous bc the whole point of being a reapplicant is an even better application. And I’m concerned I’ll be in the same predicament or maybe worse since I’ll be even farther away from the time I started my EC’s way back when.
Have you thought about applying DO?

Could you get an updated LOR or add another one?

It may also be worth it to include the policy analyst job and tie in how skills gained from that experience would play into a career in medicine. That is, if one of your current listed activities is kind of eh or it could be combined to another one. When I reapplied last cycle, I combined similar volunteer activities into one in order to fit a new w/a that improved my application. But I’m sure the experts have a better idea if this is a good idea or not.

Could you get an updated LOR or add another one?

It may also be worth it to include the policy analyst job and tie in how skills gained from that experience would play into a career in medicine. That is, if one of your current listed activities is kind of eh or it could be combined to another one. When I reapplied last cycle, I combined similar volunteer activities into one in order to fit a new w/a that improved my application. But I’m sure the experts have a better idea if this is a good idea or not.
Thanks for your response :)
I’ll be sure to request an update to my letters, I know they’ll likely just change the date haha.

I’ll def add my job, it just kinda aligns w/ my whole application. So it’s unlikely to move the needle as I have done extensive policy related work already mentioned in my app.

• Care