2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students comment on this? When does the class typically fill up and when does the waitlist start to get longer? Are a lot of students accepted from the waitlist? How many people get waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
primary app. submitted 9/6 | app. completed 11/27 | interview invite 11/28 | interview 1/12 :)

Reactions: 2 users
late to the party, is this interview only in person or do they offer virtual too?

I don't think it makes a difference in regards to your chances

Man...maybe I should've asked about that. I'm OOS and getting to the school is surprisingly pretty difficult from my neck of the woods. I was thinking that doing in-person may improve my chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Man...maybe I should've asked about that. I'm OOS and getting to the school is surprisingly pretty difficult from my neck of the woods. I was thinking that doing in-pesron may improve my chances.
They also have a high post-ii acceptance rate and a lot of waitlist movement. if you already have an interview, your distance away probably isn’t a massive deal to them.

Man...maybe I should've asked about that. I'm OOS and getting to the school is surprisingly pretty difficult from my neck of the woods. I was thinking that doing in-pesron may improve my chances.
They are very selective with the people they send secondaries and IIs to so you have a very solid chance regardless

They also have a high post-ii acceptance rate and a lot of waitlist movement. if you already have an interview, your distance away probably isn’t a massive deal to them.

Sweet! I do like the school, so I intend to do my best with the II. I’m beyond thankful for the opportunity.

They do give post-II Rs though, so I’ll do my best to avoid that minefield.

Did anyone get the update email that said,

“Hello. As we enter the second half of this admission cycle, I wanted to reach out with a couple of reminders.

• ARCOM will continue reviewing admission applications through the month of March, with interview dates running through April.
  • If you have taken college classes within the past few months,….”

I think the subject line was “An Update from ARCOM.”

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the update email that said,

“Hello. As we enter the second half of this admission cycle, I wanted to reach out with a couple of reminders.

• ARCOM will continue reviewing admission applications through the month of March, with interview dates running through April.
  • If you have taken college classes within the past few months,….”

I think the subject line was “An Update from ARCOM.”
+1

Has anyone been accepted or interviewed here with an MCAT between 496-498? I submitted my primary a while ago but don’t have a DO letter so I never did the waiver
I have an interview end of the month my mcat is a 496

Just got my secondary here - is there also a good chance that I get an interview? If so, how long is the turn around time between the secondary/II?

• Love
Just got my secondary here - is there also a good chance that I get an interview? If so, how long is the turn around time between the secondary/II?
They only send secondaries to people they plan to Interview. At max, the turn around is a couple days but it’s typically a couple of hours. Also, what were your stats and did you ever get the “not a denial” email?

They only send secondaries to people they plan to Interview. At max, the turn around is a couple days but it’s typically a couple of hours. Also, what were your stats and did you ever get the “not a denial” email?
Yea, I sent it in yesterday but I'm not sure if they are closed for MLK or not. I never got the "not a denial" email. Umm what stats are you wanting? Cause my cGPA is very weird and I'm not sure how they weigh all of my courses.

Yea, I sent it in yesterday but I'm not sure if they are closed for MLK or not. I never got the "not a denial" email. Umm what stats are you wanting? Cause my cGPA is very weird and I'm not sure how they weigh all of my courses.
They’re probably closed for MLK day. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. Upward trend? Science gpa? Post-bac gpa? MCAT?

All I have to say is congrats!

One of the admissions committee members explicitly told me that they only send secondaries to people they plan to interview. It unfortunately just may take a few days.
…especially since we just got out of a holiday, so that probably pickles the pipeline.

No II yet. I’m basically doomed!
Not sure about ARCOM but most schools in Arkansas were closed yesterday and today with the holiday and snow. Also when I got my secondary back in September, it took them a week to send the II. I wouldn’t worry!

I was just messing around tbh. My anxiety is at a high today

secondary received a little over 6 months from submission lol

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Smelling a wave of IIs. Whoo!

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received today after being placed on an application hold in September!

I got that “not a denial email” on Oct. hopefully I’ll be in the next batch of ii. Congrats to you all!

Is the prompt the same as last year's? I couldn't find the official email in my junk/spam so thinking about prewriting while I'm waiting 24 hrs.

Edit: Nvm just got it today

Last edited:
question re: secondary -- what if you dont have any additional experiences not listed on your app? do you just put N/A for that section?

• Hmm
Already placed my deposit at another school, and don't think its worth it to submit the secondary. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 2 users