2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone tell me what to expect with the virtual interview?
Treat it as a normal in-person interview by staying engaged and asking questions. I'd also review the sdn interview questions and make sure you are able to talk about fort smith and how you fit ARCOM's mission

Members don't see this ad.

I was offered an in person interview, which I'm super grateful for, but has anyone ever tried to switch their interview from in person to virtual?

I was offered an in person interview, which I'm super grateful for, but has anyone ever tried to switch their interview from in person to virtual?
I haven’t yet but I did see they’re available on the portal. I plan on emailing them first to confirm

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after your application was received from AACOMAS did you get notification it was reviewed?? Thanks

For those who get waitlisted, don't give up hope! I didn't get off the waitlist until late June last year. If anyone has any questions about the school, feel free to reach out.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
For those who get waitlisted, don't give up hope! I didn't get off the waitlist until late June last year. If anyone has any questions about the school, feel free to reach out.
Was there anything you did while you were on the waitlist to help? I just got waitlisted and I’m not sure what to do in the meantime. Also, was it late in the cycle when you got waitlisted or was it earlier on?

Was there anything you did while you were on the waitlist to help? I just got waitlisted and I’m not sure what to do in the meantime. Also, was it late in the cycle when you got waitlisted or was it earlier on?
Interviewed February. Waitlisted in March. I didn't do anything other than start prepping to re-apply and take MCAT again.

Reactions: 1 users
for those who are current students or interviewed this cycle, how likely is it to get accepted after interviewing? What would be reasons for a rejection vs WL vs acceptance?

for those who are current students or interviewed this cycle, how likely is it to get accepted after interviewing? What would be reasons for a rejection vs WL vs acceptance?
Its March so at this point many schools including ARCOM are going to be doing either 2 things: Increase the waitlist offers and decrease the acceptances or maintain the same ratio for acceptance:waitlist:rejections at this point.

I know for one of the schools they used a model where they offered a 30 to 30 to 30 ratio for acceptance/waitlist/rejections up until the end of interviewing. They start pulling from waitlists that way.

waitlisted post-II, interviewed 3/8.

luckily, I have an A elsewhere, but this was one of my top choices

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted and feeling very defeated :( especially after dropping a lot of $$ to go in-person for the first available II date. Interviewed on 3/12.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
waitlisted and feeling very defeated :( especially after dropping a lot of $$ to go in-person for the first available II date. Interviewed on 3/12.
being this late in the cycle, they may just have limited seats. i thought my interview went really well. I'm struggling to understand what went wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
being this late in the cycle, they may just have limited seats. i thought my interview went really well. I'm struggling to understand what went wrong.
same also thought mine went v well. someone at my session asked if we were just interviewing for the waitlist but Dr. Jimenez said any response is possible at this point (A, R, WL) just frustrating regardless though :(

same also thought mine went v well. someone at my session asked if we were just interviewing for the waitlist but Dr. Jimenez said any response is possible at this point (A, R, WL) just frustrating regardless though :(
yeah at this point I'm sure they're limited with the amount of As they give out. it does hurt though...especially after meeting everyone in-person.

interviewed 3/12, got WL. really liked the school and they said A, WL, and R was an option. not sure what went wrong or if there is any hope of getting off WL :(

Is anyone attending the anatomy or biochemistry bootcamp? Or if you’re a current OMS, would y’all give any advice for these bootcamps?
I plan on attending the boot camp online and the in-person one as well because I want to move in earlier (gotta come from MD lol)

I plan on attending the boot camp online and the in-person one as well because I want to move in earlier (gotta come from MD lol)
i’ll also be attending the in person one - coming from tx but went to undergrad in MD :)

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone who’s been accepted has already filled out the necessary paperwork on Exxat? If you have, how long did it take you? Also, is there a deadline coming up in June for this? Hope I’m not running too late on this!

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone who’s been accepted has already filled out the necessary paperwork on Exxat? If you have, how long did it take you? Also, is there a deadline coming up in June for this? Hope I’m not running too late on this!
There is a july deadline for it. Idk if u have access to the exxat website yet with your school email, but that has all the due dates. Start doing everything as soon as possible it may take a while depending on your vaccinations.

Last edited:
  • Love
Does anyone know when they make acceptance calls? like if you were waitlisted is there like certain days of the week they make the phone calls or emails?

There is a july deadline for it. Idk if u have access to the exxat website yet with your school email, but that has all the due dates. Start doing everything as soon as possible it may take a while depending on your vaccinations.
Thanks for the response! Will do :)

sitting on the WL, but this school is my top choice. If anyone gives up a seat pls update us!!! im sure many of us on the WL are going stir-crazy with the waiting game...

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
sitting on the WL, but this school is my top choice. If anyone gives up a seat pls update us!!! im sure many of us on the WL are going stir-crazy with the waiting game...
don't lose hope. last year they admitted 60% of people off of the WL.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Current student at ARCOM, I interviewed late last year, in April, was waitlisted, and got off the waitlist in June! Don't give up hope, there are probably 5+ people I interviewed with that are currently in my class! The waitlist just doesn't move until late here.

Reactions: 4 users
Current student at ARCOM, I interviewed late last year, in April, was waitlisted, and got off the waitlist in June! Don't give up hope, there are probably 5+ people I interviewed with that are currently in my class! The waitlist just doesn't move until late here.
When do they stop sending out interview invites?

Forfeited my seat/deposit today, hope it goes to one of you guys, waitlist movement should be starting soon

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just interviewed on 4/2 and have a letter coming today in the mail according to informed delivery. Any ideas on if this could be an admissions decision?