2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have yet to receive the actual secondary after receiving the “secondary invitation email”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else get that "ARCOM Dean's invitation" email? I got my secondary on 1/18 and havent submitted it yet so maybe thats why? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning submitted secondary over the weekend

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anybody knows the post-II acceptance rate for ARCOM? I know they screen pretty hard before IIs, so I wonder if you have a good chance at an A…or if its pretty much a coin flip or less.

Anybody knows the post-II acceptance rate for ARCOM? I know they screen pretty hard before IIs, so I wonder if you have a good chance at an A…or if its pretty much a coin flip or less.
I think it’s around 88%! They do waitlist though(I got waitlisted) but the odds of getting an A is still really high. I think they rarely ever give rejections post interview.

Knock on wood then since I recently got a post-II R recently.

Then again, that rattling allowed me to look at my II preparation and modify my statements, so I’ll hopefully do better the second time around.

EDIT: To add onto this, is there still a good chance for an A even this late? I’m so thankful to get this II though because of how stringent their screening process is.
Yes, there's still a good chance! Just make sure you know their mission well and be excited to talk about fort smith. You got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Knock on wood then since I recently got a post-II R recently.

Then again, that rattling allowed me to look at my II preparation and modify my statements, so I’ll hopefully do better the second time around.

EDIT: To add onto this, is there still a good chance for an A even this late? I’m so thankful to get this II though because of how stringent their screening process is.
I think there’s absolutely a good chance of an A! Good luck on your interview everyone’s really nice and the interview is very casual(but this might interviewer dependent). Also this optional but I regret not going on the on campus housing tour towards the end of the day so I highly recommend doing that!

Does it look bad if I signed up for the virtual interview? I see it as an option to register for it. I didn't know that was a possibility!

Does it look bad if I signed up for the virtual interview? I see it as an option to register for it. I didn't know that was a possibility!

I signed up for the virtual interview in February. Before that I asked the admissions coordinator about it and she said “Feel free to choose the interview type that works best for your schedule/budget. The virtual option is offered for those who cannot make it in person. We know, especially this late in the cycle, that budgets are tight. There is no prejudice or any kind of difference between having a virtual or in-person interview. We will offer a Second Glance Day for those offered admission to be able to come to campus with their friends and family and learn more about Fort Smith/ARCOM”.

• Love
I still believe the in-person interview will carry more weight than a virtual one IMHO

I still believe the in-person interview will carry more weight than a virtual one IMHO
Even if the website says otherwise?

I only just discovered online was a thing. I did in-person, though it was definitely one heck of a journey to get there.

I didn't realize virtual was an option. Definitely switching mine to that lol

Yesterday I got the "you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial," email, however today I got the "at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation email." Is this basically a rejection letter?

Yesterday I got the "you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial," email, however today I got the "at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation email." Is this basically a rejection letter?
I got that letter and ended up getting a II later on, so there is still a chance.

Reactions: 3 users
I got both of those emails in early October. It seems to be like an interview waitlist. Hopefully we make it off the list soon.

I just got rejected post interview… has this happened to anyone else?

When have people been hearing back after interviews recently? I interviewed 1/26. Ik they said two weeks but I’m anxious

What did people think about the president/ceo talking to us during the interview day?

What did people think about the president/ceo talking to us during the interview day?

Loved this honestly. I thought it was very motivating. It gave me confidence in the school and made me feel like the program is headed in the right direction. I’m low MCAT and his talk is honestly the reason I put my deposit down here and not elsewhere

Loved this honestly. I thought it was very motivating. It gave me confidence in the school and made me feel like the program is headed in the right direction. I’m low MCAT and his talk is honestly the reason I put my deposit down here and not elsewhere

My undergrad university had the president talk with incoming students when we toured and I feel speaks so much to the school and their values. Even in all their crazy schedules they make time to speak with potential students. It really shows their genuine interest in the school and the community!

I wonder when they’re going to send out the next batch of secondaries (and thus, ii’s).