2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
secondary invite received today, applied last week.

for those who have interviewed, did you complete CASPER? I haven't done it but they highly recommend it
i did and completely forgot about it because not a single person has asked about it lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

for those who have interviewed, did you complete CASPER? I haven't done it but they highly recommend it

I did not and was accepted. Not sure how much they consider it but I was 3.9 and 494

Reactions: 2 users

I completed CAPSER but never released my score to ARCOM bc I scored in the 2nd quartile lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a secondary (v thankful)...but with the questions being to list a volunteer/clinical activities we haven't listed in our AACOMAS application, what if we did list everything in our application? I don't really have any other opportunities to add....any thoughts on what to do?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a secondary (v thankful)...but with the questions being to list a volunteer/clinical activities we haven't listed in our AACOMAS application, what if we did list everything in our application? I don't really have any other opportunities to add....any thoughts on what to do?
For those questions, I just said that all my experiences were listed in my AACOMAS application. I later got an interview and an A.

anyone do a virtual interview and receive an A?

Does anyone have any tips or advice for the interview? I'm super nervous about it and feel like I'm psyching myself out. >_<

Does anyone have any tips or advice for the interview? I'm super nervous about it and feel like I'm psyching myself out. >_<
They just want to get to know you and they’re really nice. Idk if that helps but for me it really just felt like a conversation so they can get to know me better. Just have any answer for why medicine, why DO and why arcom and you’ll do great. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone attending the anatomy or biochemistry bootcamp? Or if you’re a current OMS, would y’all give any advice for these bootcamps?

Reactions: 2 users
I have withdrawn my acceptance! Hope good news go to all of you!

You'll do great! I echo what everyone has already reiterated about the interview and it being a very friendly and good time to get to know the school and let them get to know you. I loved the school and everyone was so nice it really was a great experience! The interviewers were also sooo nice, which was refreshing compared to my other experiences. I deeply researched the school and thought about how MY goal and mission as a physician aligned with their values (and how their mission and attributes as a school would help me get there) and prepared a little that way. By prepared I mean I made bullet points in my head with associated examples of things they might ask about or traits they might ask about (leadership etc) but didn't recite things over and over because I wanted it all to be organic and not sound like I'm some robot haha.

OOS secondary today ( after getting a "at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation" email less than a month ago lol)

Oh my gosh! Just got an OOS secondary invite!! I really hope this means I'll get an interview!!
If you got a secondary it’s highly likely you will receive one! I submitted my secondary Late January then got an interview invite 2 days later! They also only send secondaries to whom they want to interview too anyways :)

OOS Secondary received today! For those who received the first secondary email, how long did it take to receive the instructions? Chomping at the bit to submit my secondary over here 😂 I also received a fee waiver code for the secondary without asking, is this standard? Pretty cool of them considering how much these applications add up.

I know secondary here equals II. I have an A from WCUCOM and committed to go there atm, do you guys think it’s worth it to submit the secondary and interview here?

hey guys - I have been complete for a week but still no interview invite. is this normal or should i reach out?

OOS Secondary received today! For those who received the first secondary email, how long did it take to receive the instructions? Chomping at the bit to submit my secondary over here 😂 I also received a fee waiver code for the secondary without asking, is this standard? Pretty cool of them considering how much these applications add up.
i got them the next day! and i got the code too, it was really nice of them to do that!

I know secondary here equals II. I have an A from WCUCOM and committed to go there atm, do you guys think it’s worth it to submit the secondary and interview here?
I personally think WCUCOM is much better (especially bc it's P/F) and it wouldn't be worth it unless you have family close to ARCOM or get a significant scholarship

Only if you'd actually consider it. You could always submit the secondary if you're unsure... then look at both the school's pros/cons regarding what's important to you and what you're looking for out of med school. If you do that and realize that you still wouldn't consider ARCOM then I wouldn't go to the II. If no matter what you wouldn't go to ARCOM there's no point to submit a secondary or go to the II.

I agree with @trynaSlytherintomedschool, it was surely an investment towards the interview (flight, stay,time) I realized later I took the interview just to see if it was a fit, I am in a position where I am contemplating if I would spend 2k for a seat. The process is so expensive 😭

also, does ARCOM accept AP credit? I only got AP credit for Gen Chem I but took Gen Chem II and Orgo I and II and passed with As. Do you think they would make me take Gen Chem I?

also, does ARCOM accept AP credit? I only got AP credit for Gen Chem I but took Gen Chem II and Orgo I and II and passed with As. Do you think they would make me take Gen Chem I?
I took Dual Credit for gen chem 1 and english 2 and they accepted it. I also took AP credit for english 1 which they accepted. I emailed them just to make sure my pre-requisites were satisfied and they responded within a day!

Is anyone attending the anatomy or biochemistry bootcamp? Or if you’re a current OMS, would y’all give any advice for these bootcamps?
I was going to but $$... and don't get me wrong its not like the cost is sooooo bad... but I'm moving and my bank account is on life support 😅

After doing 20 something secondaries earlier this year I just have NO motivation to do this late-sent secondary 😅

Did anyone see how many interview dates were left? Dates in March? April? Trying to be realistic with chances of II

After doing 20 something secondaries earlier this year I just have NO motivation to do this late-sent secondary 😅
If you are going to consider coming to ARCOM if accepted i would send! They usually only send secondaries to who they want to interview

received an interview earlier today!