You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Colorado
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
McApple
Full Member
Last year II started going out September 1st. This cycle started a week later than last year, so I'm not sure if they will send out any before the end of the month.Anyone received an II yet, and if so, when was your secondary submitted and ready for review? MSAR says earliest IIs are sent out in August.
SpeedyBoyTexas
New Member
CU Admissions Tracker Updated for this year:
Primary Applications: 8,436
Secondary Applications: 4,013
Interviewed Applicants: 0
Offers of Admission: 0
medschool.cuanschutz.edu
By comparison for last year:
Primary Applications: 9,852
Secondary Applications: 5,385
Interviewed Applicants: 674
Offers of Admission: 184
Primary Applications: 8,436
Secondary Applications: 4,013
Interviewed Applicants: 0
Offers of Admission: 0
Admissions | University of Colorado School of Medicine
The University of Colorado School of Medicine Office of Admissions provides a road map for potential medical students to join our school.
By comparison for last year:
Primary Applications: 9,852
Secondary Applications: 5,385
Interviewed Applicants: 674
Offers of Admission: 184
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So less applicants overall — but there’s time still. I’m surprised about the secondary completion rate. I thought it would be higher.CU Admissions Tracker Updated for this year:
Primary Applications: 8,436
Secondary Applications: 4,013
Interviewed Applicants: 0
Offers of Admission: 0
Admissions | University of Colorado School of Medicine
The University of Colorado School of Medicine Office of Admissions provides a road map for potential medical students to join our school.medschool.cuanschutz.edu
By comparison for last year:
Primary Applications: 9,852
Secondary Applications: 5,385
Interviewed Applicants: 674
Offers of Admission: 184
D
deleted1167443
Those are the numbers from the end of last year's cycle? That's crazy that the secondary completion rate is only 54%! I expected it to be much higher. This means that the true interview rate is significantly higher than what you'd calculate on MSAR, as MSAR indicates verified applications, not completed secondaries. I already assumed this to be the case, but not to this extent.By comparison for last year:
Primary Applications: 9,852
Secondary Applications: 5,385
Interviewed Applicants: 674
Offers of Admission: 184
Although, the in-state secondary completion rate is probably significantly higher than the out-of-state secondary completion rate. So the true in-state interview rate is likely closer to what you'd calculate on MSAR, than the out-of-state interview rate to what you'd calculate on MSAR.
Also thanks for pointing out this tracker, I didn't notice it on their website.
Last edited by a moderator:
aightmanokay
Full Member
They only send secondaries to 2/3 of applicants. That would be like an 80% secondary completion rate.Those are the numbers from the end of last year's cycle? That's crazy that the secondary completion rate is only 54%! I expected it to be much higher. This means that the true interview rate is significantly higher than what you'd calculate on MSAR, as MSAR indicates verified applications, not completed secondaries. I already assumed this to be the case, but not to this extent.
Also thanks for pointing out this tracker, I didn't notice it on their website.
D
deleted1167443
ah gotcha, didn't think of that. My point about true interview rate still applies, though.They only send secondaries to 2/3 of applicants. That would be like an 80% secondary completion rate.
I appreciate schools that are kind enough to not ask unqualified applicants to spend an unnecessary $100 completing their secondary.
Raspberry_skies
New Member
II earlier today - IS LM75, complete 7/11
+1 OOS II
D
deleted1005927
Congrats! Would you be comfortable sharing completion date?+1 OOS II
II just now, LM 74! OOS but strong IS ties
MDwannabe01
Full Member
I already submitted but how would one indicate strong ties to Colorado if they are OOS? There was not really a way to tie it into my two responses. Would an update letter be appropriate prior to receiving a II?
notanorthobro
Full Member
II LM 78.70 URM international
II OOS no ties
8/4!Complete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary submitted 8/1Complete date?
OOS II, LM 69 WARS 77
Complete 8/5
Complete 8/5
premed192847472
Full Member
Colorado has no preference for IS vs OOS so ties don’t really matter imoI already submitted but how would one indicate strong ties to Colorado if they are OOS? There was not really a way to tie it into my two responses. Would an update letter be appropriate prior to receiving a II?
Dont worry, if you look at last years thread, theres no pattern to submission dates really. plenty of people submitted earlier, but got II way later in the cycle.Complete 8/3 missed the first II wave 😫
dotsquared
Full Member
What did people use for an abbreviation for this school?
notanorthobro
Full Member
CUSOM (this is the abbreviation they used when emailing me)What did people use for an abbreviation for this school?
dotsquared
Full Member
Thank you!! I always get a bit neurotic about the abbreviations lolCUSOM (this is the abbreviation they used when emailing me)
I recently realized that I hadn't submitted my secondary application, despite having paid the fee. I've just submitted it, which was approximately a month after receiving the secondary invite. I'm wondering if CUSOM reviews applications without Casper scores at this stage?
D
deleted1167443
I would guess that your app will be marked as incomplete until all parts have been received.I recently realized that I hadn't submitted my secondary application, despite having paid the fee. I've just submitted it, which was approximately a month after receiving the secondary invite. I'm wondering if CUSOM reviews applications without Casper scores at this stage?
I did this too 🙁 I submitted my secondary, paid, then realized yesterday I hadn’t marked in AMCAS to send my last letter of rec in.I recently realized that I hadn't submitted my secondary application, despite having paid the fee. I've just submitted it, which was approximately a month after receiving the secondary invite. I'm wondering if CUSOM reviews applications without Casper scores at this stage?
Super sad, I’m in state so CU was my top choice.
I just realized I haven’t taken duet!!! Of ****, did I mess up?!
Yeah i didn't realize it but your file isn't considered complete until you take it :/ i didnt end up completing until last week because of that
DUDE, that is so ****ed X(, I just took it... I'm wondering if they'll see that I submitted everything 8/8 and still consider it on time..Yeah i didn't realize it but your file isn't considered complete until you take it :/ i didnt end up completing until last week because of that
DUDE, that is so ****ed X(, I just took it... I'm wondering if they'll see that I submitted everything 8/8 and still consider it on time..
Sincerely hope so! My secondary was like a day over two weeks (8/29ish) but I feel like they're one of the few schools that actually requires Duet of all things lol. Was the last thing I was thinking about. Really like the school though so keeping my fingers crossed.
OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stats? and complete date?OOS II
largewoman
Full Member
IS II LM 70.5 complete date 7/30
bobsburgersmedschool
Full Member
OOS II! LM 71 complete 8/18 🙂
Anymore II given out here?
I sure hope so! CU is my home university with family right down the street. I’m honestly so salty they haven’t given me an II. Like bro is sko buffs just a joke to you?Anymore II given out here?
blueberry23
Full Member
The school website says they received 9,523 primaries and only sent 4,790 secondaries so barely half got secondaries.A little late to ask this, but just curious if anyone who submitted a primary app did NOT receive a secondary on here. I know their site says they only send 2/3 of applicants secondaries but it sure seems like everyone who submitted a primary received a secondary.
I think that's received primaries and secondaries, like who actually sent applications back to the school. They don't seem to actually publish the total number of secondaries they send out to applicants, so that was the number I was wondering about. I'm assuming they don't send them to everyone based on their site, but I hadn't heard of anyone actually not getting sent a secondary, which seemed weird based on their stats.The school website says they received 9,523 primaries and only sent 4,790 secondaries so barely half got secondaries.
williewalnuts
Full Member
been a hot sec since any IIs, any idea whats up?
Bingham2023
New Member
II today. OOS with connections to Colorado. ORM, LM 68, complete 8/10.
MSTP II yesterday, C: 8/1
dazedandconfuseddd2301
New Member
Has there been any acceptances yet? Last year it seemed like the first round came out this week.
Just got the call - A! Interviewed on 9/13!
A!
Interview on 9/13
Interview on 9/13
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cavaenthusiast
Full Member
A in the Rural Track!! Interviewed 9/13
+1 OOS A! Interviewed 9/13 as well.
OOS A, interviewed 9/13!!