2023-2024 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering if anyone else got an email when they submitted an update to the portal? Submitted it like 2 days ago

Members don't see this ad :)
Was that the last wave of interviews? According to CycleTrack, the latest interviews last year were sent in Nov.

Should those of us with no II yet assume an R?

Reactions: 1 user
Was that the last wave of interviews? According to CycleTrack, the latest interviews last year were sent in Nov.

Should those of us with no II yet assume an R?
They interview into January (with the latest published ii on sdn last year being Jan 5th but apparently they go to late jan)

Reactions: 2 users
Do they accept pre-II updates/is there a point in sending one now?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Shoot did not mean to post that in this thread

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
does anyone have any strong feelings about a letter of intent post interview

does anyone have any strong feelings about a letter of intent post interview
They can only reject you once might as well try everything but also add some updates like i added how i am super passionate about robotics

They can only reject you once might as well try everything but also add some updates like i added how i am super passionate about robotics
literally the same, i told them id literally sell my soul for a spot there immediately after my interview

• Haha
I have no other acceptances so far. Is it crazy to hope that columbia might accept me post-interview

I have no other acceptances so far. Is it crazy to hope that columbia might accept me post-interview
I've heard of somebody who had no acceptances until Penn took them in early March, and another with the same story except it was Harvard. Never over until it's over

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I've heard of somebody who had no acceptances until Penn took them in early March, and another with the same story except it was Harvard. Never over until it's over
Yeah I also heard a story of someone with 5 T20 II’s, including UCSF WashU and UCLA, who had to reapply this cycle lmao.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Guy from my school interviewed at 16 of the top 20 schools and got waitlisted by 14 of them and got off the waitlist at one

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

I’m v lucky to have 1 A so far, but the vast majority of the schools I’ve interviewed at don’t send decisions until March. Not having an A at this point doesn’t mean you won’t get one or more! Like Holland said, it’s not over til it’s over!

Are they done sending out interview invites?
A neurotic review of previous years' threads pointed to Jan 15 USUALLY being the last day of potential IIs. They seem finish interviews end of January (so late interviewees seem to be given ~14 days before interview day as a rule) and the adcom probably meets first or 2nd week of Feb to review apps before MSTP As are released 2nd to 3rd week of Feb ahead of regular MD on the first week of March.

I want to believe Manhattan schools are just late this cycle but that's hopium. I'm not getting an II from this school lol.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
A neurotic review of previous years' threads pointed to Jan 15 USUALLY being the last day of potential IIs. They seem finish interviews end of January (so late interviewees seem to be given ~14 days before interview day as a rule) and the adcom probably meets first or 2nd week of Feb to review apps before MSTP As are released 2nd to 3rd week of Feb ahead of regular MD on the first week of March.

I want to believe Manhattan schools are just late this cycle but that's hopium. I'm not getting an II from this school lol.
Thanks for this - super insightful! I’m on the same boat with you haha time for me to move on from this school

Is anyone having issues accessing the secondary portal? (I have an interview coming up and keep getting an error message/ it's (VP&S') security certificate expired two days ago when I try to access the site)

Is anyone having issues accessing the secondary portal? (I have an interview coming up and keep getting an error message/ it's (VP&S') security certificate expired two days ago when I try to access the site)
I got the same, but you can click “view details” and then press continue to website. Should work!

sorry to ask in so many threads y'all, but I am wondering if anyone has received a january columbia II invite or has any info on the last interview dates? trying to see if I should hold out hope -- have strong NYC ties

Does anyone know if VP&S values post interview letters of interest/intent?

sorry to ask in so many threads y'all, but I am wondering if anyone has received a january columbia II invite or has any info on the last interview dates? trying to see if I should hold out hope -- have strong NYC ties
last years thread had a few II's this week, seems like there might be one final wave (?)

Reactions: 2 users
last years thread had a few II's this week, seems like there might be one final wave (?)
Columbia plss, I live right next door. I'm a local I swear (Mia Goth impression)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey just want to check - did anyone else get an email from the dean of admissions after sending thank you notes to interviewers, saying that they will keep you strongly in mind and to send updates if you have them? I interviewed early December

Hey just want to check - did anyone else get an email from the dean of admissions after sending thank you notes to interviewers, saying that they will keep you strongly in mind and to send updates if you have them? I interviewed early December
Yep, I think everyone does

I did as well

Did not get that email — interviewed mid/late September but also did receive a short response after sending in a letter close to new years.

Since it's Jan 15 and I would bet my life and my firstborn's life on not getting an II at this point, I'm calling my pre-II R here.

OOS, LM: 70, URM FGLI, nontrad, complete date: end of august/early Sept.

Advice for future neurotic applicants looking through past threads: 1. If this is your #1 school coming into the cycle, have someone look over your secondary a 7th time to make sure you truly answered the question(s) *and didn't write anything that will get you insta-rejected, 2. Apply early, 3. Submit secondary within 2 weeks even if your primary isn't verified and 4. get high stats.

Good luck to everyone who interviewed!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Since it's Jan 15 and I would bet my life and my firstborn's life on not getting an II at this point, I'm calling my pre-II R here.

OOS, LM: 70, URM FGLI, nontrad, complete date: end of august/early Sept.

Advice for future neurotic applicants looking through past threads: 1. If this is your #1 school coming into the cycle, have someone look over your secondary a 7th time to make sure you truly answered the question(s) *and didn't write anything that will get you insta-rejected, 2. Apply early, 3. Submit secondary within 2 weeks even if your primary isn't verified and 4. get high stats.

Good luck to everyone who interviewed!
It’s okay I’d rather get an II from an American school anyway, I hear if you attend Colombia you’re considered an IMG

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users