2023-2024 Columbia (Vagelos)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
58310A06-CAB0-4DA4-8FAF-088EECC741C5.jpeg
 
If I sent a letter of intent at the end of october, would it be wise to send updates now and remind them that I still intend to commit? Or should I wait 2 weeks for a pub and send it. I am worried that the committee will be making the decisions soon.
 
If I sent a letter of intent at the end of october, would it be wise to send updates now and remind them that I still intend to commit? Or should I wait 2 weeks for a pub and send it. I am worried that the committee will be making the decisions soon.
Wait for the pub for sure! They don't release decisions until late Feb/early Mar, so I doubt they're making final decisions in the next 2 weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did everyone who interviewed here get the "although it is too soon to know definitely how things will go this year, I can assure you that the Admissions Committee will keep you strongly in mind" email like a week after their interview?
Yes, everyone lol. Don’t let it get your hopes up.
 
Does anyone have a sense of when we should get LOI/ update letters in so they can be considered before decisions are made?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you find the time for the decision release? I think the MD-PhD for Columbia releases tomorrow 2/14 but don't know what time exactly.
ditto^ but also a past thread said they always start around 11 AM est and I believe also stagger the release (so not all at once)