You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Emory
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This is too funny 🤣Is the reason Emory SOM isn’t sending secondaries because it’s closing down and shutting its door for good? RIP Emory med 🩷 🙁
x
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1166115
?? chillDo you think this silly comment is helping anyone?
If you can clearly see that nobody else is getting secondaries yet, go work on something else!
I'm trying to dial down the panic in general, @generalgummy, and I'm sorry my comment upset you.?? chill
This application process lasts over a year and a big part of coping with all the waiting is to figure out the process and when to be concerned, and it's not time to be concerned for any of you.
I hope you all get to be considered for your favorite schools.
ChileeeeDo you think this silly comment is helping anyone?
If you can clearly see that nobody else is getting secondaries yet, go work on something else!
Probably best to leave the jokes off this forum tbh. A lot of neurotic premeds rn who get anxious hearing stuff like that, no matter how crazy it is.
so free that i
Full Member
OOS secondary received now
Dang finallyOOS secondary received now
Prompts would be really appreciated
boomchickapow
Full Member
OOS +1
I think it's funny how the invite says 'we hope you're still interested in Emory!' lol
Essays @wysdoc @chilly_md
1. List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year.
2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences.
3. Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected.
4. Emory School of Medicine is committed to recruiting and educating medical students who will help deliver quality health care and will promote the health of our patients. In our community, this includes learning about and addressing the health care needs of our most under-served populations. Please describe any of your activities that have been in service to under-served communities.
5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below.
1. List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year.
2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences.
3. Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected.
4. Emory School of Medicine is committed to recruiting and educating medical students who will help deliver quality health care and will promote the health of our patients. In our community, this includes learning about and addressing the health care needs of our most under-served populations. Please describe any of your activities that have been in service to under-served communities.
5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below.
tmdsastradapplicant
Full Member
OOS Secondary received!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are the word counts still 200?Essays @wysdoc @chilly_md
1. List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year.
2. Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences.
3. Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected.
4. Emory School of Medicine is committed to recruiting and educating medical students who will help deliver quality health care and will promote the health of our patients. In our community, this includes learning about and addressing the health care needs of our most under-served populations. Please describe any of your activities that have been in service to under-served communities.
5. If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below.
Yes, all of them have a 200 word countare the word counts still 200?
Sorry yes they are!are the word counts still 200?
Pipi&Pomegranate
Full Member
Any one received MSTP?
+1 OOS secondary
Waiting on IS still
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Still waiting on secondary OOS
+1
Thank you @Labe for sharing the questions as well as @OreoLover365 for confirming the word counts.
NotReal234
Full Member
For the last question are people just putting “N/A” if they have nothing else to add? I feel like I covered everything with the first essay about the gap year.
ImaginaryOlive
Full Member
That's what I'm going to doFor the last question are people just putting “N/A” if they have nothing else to add? I feel like I covered everything with the first essay about the gap year.
OOS Secondary Recieved @chilly_md Essays:
- List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 Words)
- Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences. (200 Words)
- Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected. (200 Words)
- Emory School of Medicine is committed to recruiting and educating medical students who will help deliver quality health care and will promote the health of our patients. In our community, this includes learning about and addressing the health care needs of our most under-served populations. Please describe any of your activities that have been in service to under-served communities. (200 Words)
- If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below. (200 Words)
Thanks for confirming @Ajchen06
Do you guys know what classes fall under humanities/social sciences? I was not aware that they required 18 credits lol, I might have to take some in the future now
Humanities: philosophy, ethics, English, literature, languages, etcDo you guys know what classes fall under humanities/social sciences? I was not aware that they required 18 credits lol, I might have to take some in the future now
Social: economics, sociology, psychology
To name a few
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
omg thank you so much, I was scared I had to add classes to my scheduleHumanities: philosophy, ethics, English, literature, languages, etc
Social: economics, sociology, psychology
To name a few
I’m pretty sure one of Emory’s links within the secondary app portal said they count math and stats too under humanities and social sciences
D
deleted1167581
Has anyone still not gotten the secondary?
Has anyone still not gotten the secondary?
Me
Me too!
my fault big broIs the reason Emory SOM isn’t sending secondaries because it’s closing down and shutting its door for good? RIP Emory med 🩷 🙁
Asking this again now we've got the prompts 🙂If they keep the prompt "Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences. (200 words)", do they really want a whistle-stop tour on ALL healthcare experiences in the AMCAS app? 10/15 of my experiences were health-related, so I'd only have about a sentence for each given the 200-word limit.
Or would it be acceptable to choose 1-2 health-related experiences and provide in-depth detail on what I learned, and how I grew as an individual?
I think it wants all of them, particularly clinical experiences.Asking this again now we've got the prompts 🙂
Has anyone still not gotten it
We should get it by monday. I think the weekend one was a test runHas anyone still not gotten it
nutbutter2000
Full Member
+1Waiting on IS still
For this question:
List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 Words)
Does anyone have insight on if it's fine to discuss things outside of courses I will be taking next year, or am I basically just meant to list out my classes in sentence form?
List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 Words)
Does anyone have insight on if it's fine to discuss things outside of courses I will be taking next year, or am I basically just meant to list out my classes in sentence form?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am having the same problem. I emailed admissions so hopefully they will respond.did anybody else have missing courses on the MSTP application? I cannot complete my course requirements because some of my classes are not listed. I verified with AMCAS that they were there so not sure what to do 🙁
nutbutter2000
Full Member
I listed my courses as a full time student and briefly said what work I'm doing because I was also working as a scribe part time, and I said I'd continue working because I was graduating in the fall. This was last cycle, and I got an II. Didn't get the A though which is why I'm here lolFor this question:
List your entire curriculum plan for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you are not in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 Words)
Does anyone have insight on if it's fine to discuss things outside of courses I will be taking next year, or am I basically just meant to list out my classes in sentence form?
Careful-Classroom
Full Member
I'm mad because that was one of the best essays I've written this entire process hahaKinda annoyed they removed the "What do you consider to be the role of the physician in the community" essay since I prewrote it for nothing, but kinda happy too since that prompt was so weird and my response was so sh*tty.
I'm not an MSTP applicant but my AP courses are missing...some of which I was hoping to use to fulfill prereqs. Anyone know if they just exclude AP courses (even if they were listed and verified on AMCAS) altogether, or if this is something that can be fixed?did anybody else have missing courses on the MSTP application? I cannot complete my course requirements because some of my classes are not listed. I verified with AMCAS that they were there so not sure what to do 🙁
I emailed them and they’re aware of issue, but they told me to check the future registration box and use the space to explain it was an AP course I received credit at my school for.I'm not an MSTP applicant but my AP courses are missing...some of which I was hoping to use to fulfill prereqs. Anyone know if they just exclude AP courses (even if they were listed and verified on AMCAS) altogether, or if this is something that can be fixed?