You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Punching the air rn, gonna be a grueling 72 hoursWell it's been good friends, see you same place Monday morning
mcattooeasy
Full Member
Might be next month, who knows at this point..Punching the air rn, gonna be a grueling 72 hours
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same 🙁Nada
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything yet??
caffeinepb
Full Member
Not yetHas anyone heard anything yet??
norinori88
Full Member
I'm an IL resident and have officially gotten II's from most of the states bordering IL but no II from my own state school... confusion... I sent an update letter and everything
That’s the beauty of med school admissions. My entire cycle I’ve gotten II from schools I never thought I’d hear from. And silence from all the schools I thought I’d interview atI'm an IL resident and have officially gotten II's from most of the states bordering IL but no II from my own state school... confusion... I sent an update letter and everything
This is the wayThat’s the beauty of med school admissions. My entire cycle I’ve gotten II from schools I never thought I’d hear from. And silence from all the schools I thought I’d interview at
IL has one of the lowest interview rates for its in-state students of any state school… most state schools interview close to 50% of IS apps an IL is way less, I want to say 20%, which means 80% of IS apps get no interview.I'm an IL resident and have officially gotten II's from most of the states bordering IL but no II from my own state school... confusion... I sent an update letter and everything
I think it’s because of state budget problems. The school has to admit more OOS students relative to other state schools and charge them tons of tuition, to make up for the shortfall in state government dollars.
Also do we think they're doing decisions today?? Or would they just skip a month?
I wish it was my first time. Im with you since September. I even have my username as the mascot...![]()
Me a September interviewee... in all seriousness past trends reflect that they would release today. I sincerely doubt they would skip a month.
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Real question is if it’s today or tomorrow… or wednesday… or next week…. guess I’ll just keep refreshing my email like it’s my job![]()
Me a September interviewee... in all seriousness past trends reflect that they would release today. I sincerely doubt they would skip a month.
premed123456789101112
New Member
what time did people get their A in previous months?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
I think the only thing that makes me more nervous than checking my email is checking this forum to see if anyone ELSE has heard back ...
D
deleted1172795
If you're on your computer, you can hover over the date, and it will tell you the time.My delayed decision came right around noon... can't see past decision times as SDN doesn't show it in thread.
IUSAMD
Full Member
yes, does not help the neuroticism, 2 out of 10 people have to be the 20%licant soon to interview. Isn’t the post interview accept
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
Last year I was one of them at another school ✌️yes, does not help the neuroticism, 2 out of 10 people have to be the 20%
Can confirm that it sucks
It's me, hi, I'm the 20% it's me.yes, does not help the neuroticism, 2 out of 10 people have to be the 20%
IL has one of the lowest interview rates for its in-state students of any state school… most state schools interview close to 50% of IS apps an IL is way less, I want to say 20%, which means 80% of IS apps get no interview.
I think it’s because of state budget problems. The school has to admit more OOS students relative to other state schools and charge them tons of tuition, to make up for the shortfall in state government dollars.
The worst feeling ever man, getting straight ignored by OOS public schools but comforting yourself with the fact that your IS school has your back…only to realize they’re ghosting you too…COME ON BRUH TAKE CARE OF YOUR PEOPLE
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Email’s probably not coming today is it
SquirrellyScholar
Full Member
It has come as late as 5 in other monthsEmail’s probably not coming today is it
caffeinepb
Full Member
I really hope it is because the anxiety is eating my last remaining brain cellEmail’s probably not coming today is it
hold hope everyone, still have until 5pm cst. crappy part is that it can be anytime until then
mcattooeasy
Full Member
Well I guess we will see next month..
premed123456789101112
New Member
looks like we will be waiting until tomorrow now 😭hold hope everyone, still have until 5pm cst. crappy part is that it can be anytime until then
mcattooeasy
Full Member
How do you know it's tomorrow?looks like we will be waiting until tomorrow now 😭
premed123456789101112
New Member
someone said they spoke to admissions last month and they said they should go all out friday and if not maybe monday & tuesday
either people already heard back that arent on SDN or there is a delay. very weird
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chocolate1857
Full Member
They do monthly decisions - makes no sense for them to skip a month, from a logistical standpoint would cause them such a headache. Idk if it’s tomorrow or later this week, but not next monthHow do you know it's tomorrow?
D
deleted1172795
I wish they let us know they are taking longer this month, would be nice to get an update even if it takes longer.
premed123456789101112
New Member
yeah they wouldn’t skip a whole month especially when they told us we would hear by the end of the monthThey do monthly decisions - makes no sense for them to skip a month, from a logistical standpoint would cause them such a headache. Idk if it’s tomorrow or later this week, but not next month
skhudeira99
Full Member
hey guys, so I had a quick question about the interview. On the interview site, it says one round of MMI. How many scenarios are we talking about? also for the faculty interview is it just a normal open file interview about your app and getting to know you? Thanks guys I know this is a stressful time but I appreciate the information you guys are offering on this forum!
Congrats on your interview! There’s 7 MMI scenarios and yes the faculty interview is open file.
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Anyone confident enough to call admissions office about when they’ll release decisions?
scorpionAngel
Full Member
We are counting on you, AirFryerFanAnyone confident enough to call admissions office about when they’ll release decisions?
caffeinepb
Full Member
Nah I’ll do it just give me an hour to get less busy at this hellhole job lolWe are counting on you, AirFryerFan
Put on a voice changer and use *67Nah I’ll do it just give me an hour to get less busy at this hellhole job lol
Chocolate1857
Full Member
🫡 I can call on my lunch break if you don’t get the timeNah I’ll do it just give me an hour to get less busy at this hellhole job lol
caffeinepb
Full Member
So apparently the decisions are in. I still don’t have anything in my portal but she was able to tell me mine over the phone
kleinesproblem
Full Member
I called too and they said there's a chance that not all the decisions are in yet
skhudeira99
Full Member
I called and she didn’t have a decision yet. She said to keep checking the portal until the end of the week. If there’s still no update by the end of the week, they won’t make a decision until the third Thursday of February.
INeed_aVaca
Full Member
thanks for calling everyone!!! I’m still confused
Chocolate1857
Full Member
Were you a previous DD? Or have you not received any decision yet prior to that call?So apparently the decisions are in. I still don’t have anything in my portal but she was able to tell me mine over the phone
D
deleted1172795
+1, said the same thing to meI called and she didn’t have a decision yet. She said to keep checking the portal until the end of the week. If there’s still no update by the end of the week, they won’t make a decision until the third Thursday of February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caffeinepb
Full Member
No I am not previously DD. I interviewed recently so I’m not sure if she meant that they haven’t looked at mine yet or if I am DD now
INeed_aVaca
Full Member
sorry to be neurotic, but by “decision” do you mean your individual status or the status of all admissions decisions for the month?+1, said the same thing to me
Chocolate1857
Full Member
So are we not even getting emails?I called and she didn’t have a decision yet. She said to keep checking the portal until the end of the week. If there’s still no update by the end of the week, they won’t make a decision until the third Thursday of February.
If everyone compiles questions I can try to ask as much as I can and report back later
skhudeira99
Full Member
sorry to be neurotic, but by “decision” do you mean your individual status or the status of all admissions decisions for the month?
Individual status
skhudeira99
Full Member
So are we not even getting emails?
If everyone compiles questions I can try to ask as much as I can and report back later
We should be getting emails bc it goes in as a regular communication update I believe