You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
vodka_pasta
Full Member
IS A email just now!! :') Interviewed 1/12
Chocolate1857
Full Member
IS A email just now!! :') Interviewed 1/12
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
don’t even care I’m running late to work right now i just got the A!!!!!! Interviewed 10/12
supa_sama123
Full Member
there was a timer in the corner of the zoom itself but you can prob time yourself and yes you can have scratch paperthank you! Are we allowed to have scratch paper in front of us to jot down notes or a timer to pace out our response?
skhudeira99
Full Member
IS DD LM 67, interviewed 1/3
doublebasjet
New Member
OOS A! Interviewed on 1/11
Chocolate1857
Full Member
IS DD. I’ve felt horrible for everyone suffering through the Waitlist Plus, now I join the pity party. Praying for all of us 🙏🏼
premed42568
Full Member
Been on DD since December. Praying we finally get that A! We are in this together!IS DD. I’ve felt horrible for everyone suffering through the Waitlist Plus, now I join the pity party. Praying for all of us 🙏🏼
D
deleted1172795
IS DD, interviewed 1/3
mintchocchip
Full Member
been on DD since October - hoping that there’s still a chance for all of us!!
premed123456789101112
New Member
A emailed at 1:11 pm EST!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mcattooeasy
Full Member
Do we have until 5pm cst today to receive a decision?
Seems like decisions already went out this morning. Safe to assume nothing will come this afternoon.Do we have until 5pm cst today to receive a decision?
D
deleted1172795
Did anyone who interviewed the first week of January get an A?
If you look back in the thread, people have apparently received notice up until 5pm that daySeems like decisions already went out this morning. Safe to assume nothing will come this afternoon.
premed123456789101112
New Member
yesDid anyone who interviewed the first week of January get an A?
Did they post about the acceptance at 5 or did the email come at 5 😭🤔?If you look back in the thread, people have apparently received notice up until 5pm that day
scorpionAngel
Full Member
... good point. not sure. According to @skhudeira99 's phone call, it's worth checking the portal until the end of the week before chalking it up to next month.Did they post about the acceptance at 5 or did the email come at 5 😭🤔?
Hopefully that’s the case😭... good point. not sure. According to @skhudeira99 's phone call, it's worth checking the portal until the end of the week before chalking it up to next month.
mcattooeasy
Full Member
Did anyone who interviewed on 10/10 get an A yet?
supa_sama123
Full Member
from what i have heard in my interview experience here a few weeks agao, they have some algorithm that looks at: your application experiences to see where youll be a best fit, needs of the different campuses (whatever that means), and your ranking of the campuses (which you will do when you get accepted) to determine the campus that you will be assigned, among other factors.So I'm an OOS student about to interview next week. I talked a lot about my experiences with rural med and talked about the Peoria/Rockford campuses in the essay where we talk about two campuses. Will this have an impact on my campus placement? I really want to go to the Chicago campus and am worried about whether this will impact that. One of the main reasons why I want to go here is because of the experience and opportunities in the city! I wanted to talk about a breadth of my experiences in my secondary and I want to know how much of a role this will play
they also said that like 99% of applicants pick chicago as their first choice for the ranking so expect half of the acceptees to be disappointed when they don't get assigned there. dont know how much that secondary question makes an impact on that, but it seems like they look at multiple variables
Is UIC still sending out II?
Based on previous years, yes - all the way through the end of Feb
dotsquared
Full Member
My friend got one in March last year 😊 she’s a current m1Is UIC still sending out II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fronkthetonk
New Member
I just got one today!Is UIC still sending out II?
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats and complete date?I just got one today!
I just got one today!
Congrats! What time?
heatwaves105
Full Member
OOS II today! Secondary completed on 9/29
D
deleted1174679
I was complete back in early July. Radio Silence. IS
sameI was complete back in early July. Radio Silence. IS
purploop
Full Member
I feel like its hard to get in IS (esp if you went to UIC) because they designate many of the IS states for GPPA. In reality, do we even have an IS advantage?high stat IS, submitted early july, total radio silence even after update letter. is it over? i have multiple A’s so ik there arent any big red flags 🙁(
heatwaves105
Full Member
Do they normally send an email for the time you're scheduled to interview the day before? I have two days till mine and haven't received anything yet so I don't know if I should reach out or wait
hopinthat-bihgoape
Full Member
same have not received any info about 2/1 interviewDo they normally send an email for the time you're scheduled to interview the day before? I have two days till mine and haven't received anything yet so I don't know if I should reach out or wait
Med-Zeppelin
New Member
I really don’t think we have any IS advantage 🙁I feel like its hard to get in IS (esp if you went to UIC) because they designate many of the IS states for GPPA. In reality, do we even have an IS advantage?
supa_sama123
Full Member
i got my email the day before for mine
D
deleted1124957
OOS II, complete last week of July
howsithangin
Full Member
Hello! For anyone who’s interviewed, do they tend to ask follow up questions during the MMIs or is it more like once you’re done talking the station is done?
Chocolate1857
Full Member
has anyone who interviewed actually been rejected? Wondering if everyone who gets interviewed either gets A or DD, no R until end of WL.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caffeinepb
Full Member
I’ve checked past years and haven’t seen any R’s. It looks like everyone is A or DDhas anyone who interviewed actually been rejected? Wondering if everyone who gets interviewed either gets A or DD, no R until end of WL.
scorpionAngel
Full Member
they definitely ask follow up questionsHello! For anyone who’s interviewed, do they tend to ask follow up questions during the MMIs or is it more like once you’re done talking the station is done?
scorpionAngel
Full Member
I'm pretty sure it's 2 minutes!How many minutes do we have before each MMI response?
heatwaves105
Full Member
I got information later today so I'm assuming it comes 48 hours beforesame have not received any info about 2/1 interview
heatwaves105
Full Member
Also, does anyone know if the campus ambassador that is hosting your meet and greet is the campus you are being considered for?