2023-2024 Illinois

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if you’ve lived in Chicago for 5+ years, if you have a good chance at being placed at the Chicago campus? Is there any clear way campus placements are done?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it’s GG time 🙁 IS URM above avg gpa, lots of clinical and volunteer hours, mom went there , multiple letters of interest and nothing but silence 🙁 pour one out for the in staters
 

At some point this spring they put together a spreadsheet with people seeking roommates. Most students live in Little Italy, Pilsen, Tri-Taylor, Greek Town and West Loop. Some live in South Loop/Printers Row and River North but those areas tend to be pricier. Most of my classmates live alone or with their partners/spouses. Feel free to DM me with any other questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when the decisions are typically posted after today's committee meets?

Been on DD since late November and the admissions office told me they would decide if I get offered an acceptance or not today.
Last year it was the Wednesday after for February
 
Does anyone know when the decisions are typically posted after today's committee meets?

Been on DD since late November and the admissions office told me they would decide if I get offered an acceptance or not today.
How did they tell you this? Did you call them?
 
Whoa! Interesting. Been on DD since December.
Confused why people are shocked by this? It’s the 3rd thursday of the month, they are doing their standard committee review of everyone on DD and the candidates interviewed mid jan to mid feb. if they don’t decide to accept you, it’s just back to DD and waiting until March. Is there something different that I’m missing?
 
interesting. on the website it says the friday after the COA meeting so wouldn't decisions be released tomorrow?
Yes*

*(While that's the standard day, and is in fact their goal, the sheer bulk of students they sift through often makes them late. I'd probably estimate only half of their months actually seem to go through on Friday? That's just an estimate though.)
 
Does anyone have any advice for the virtual interview/MMI?
For the individual interview, I'd suggest really looking over your app & experiences in addition to reviewing school mission/values/different campuses. My interviewer delved pretty deep into the things I discussed in my PS and W+A, so I would know those and be prepared for some standard interview questions too. For the MMI, just review standard questions/scenarios and practice timing. There weren't really any curveball scenarios in the MMI in my opinion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Random question, but for those who interviewed how long did it take them to get the post-II survery?
 
Last edited:
OOS DD since October it’s gonna be hard getting an R eventually from a school that accepts like 80% post interview 🗿
Feeling the same. But it's not over yet, we've still got March and April to go, not even to mention the people who receive their A and decide to go elsewhere before the enrollment finishes. Plenty of time still left in cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Every time I call in they say my app is still under consideration/in-review. I submitted in July so hard not to call cap, does this school even send out R’s (haven’t seen any reported) or just ghost?
 
+1 IS A! interview on 2/8.

Quick questions about campus preferences. I have lived in Chicago for 5 years and will likely only go to UICOM if I match to this campus. In the space provided on campus selections, would it be worth it to talk about why I want the Chicago campus or rather something new I learned about it during the interview? Will this make any difference either way? Thanks ahead of time for any insight!
 
Last edited:
+1 IS A! interview on 2/8.

Quick questions about campus preferences. I have lived in Chicago for 5 years and will likely only go if I match to this campus. In the space provided on campus selections, would it be worth it to talk about why I want the Chicago campus or rather something new I learned about it during the interview? Will this make any difference either way? Thanks ahead of time for any insight!
Did your email just come in?