2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewing tomorrow still waiting for instructions and more information? All I got was my interview confirmation email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any RMED applicants receive an acceptance email from admissions yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Is Illinois done interviewing? I have not gotten an R or an II or a hold yet.

Is Illinois done interviewing? I have not gotten an R or an II or a hold yet.
As of 2/22 they were still interviewing. But the only dates available to pick for me were this week and next week. So they may be done by 3/8. Not sure.

Anyone have tips on how to prepare for the MMI? It is my first one

Should I send my letter of interest to the admissions office email or upload it to the portal?

Anyone know the timeline for hearing back about campus assignments? Are we thinking the 2/16 acceptances will hear this week?

is there a facebook group or other group for accepted students? and/or campus specific threads?

Its it hopeless to think I could still receive an interview invite at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its it hopeless to think I could still receive an interview invite at this point?
Not sure. I got an interview last Thursday but like I said last available dates to pick for me were no later than 3/8. So not sure if interviews end on 3/8 or that’s all they were offering me. I only had this week and next week to chose from with a last Thursday. Seems like they are winding down since my choices for interviews were only in next two weeks.

Did anyone get the email from the admissions ambassadors? I got the interview day itinerary and it says you should be hearing from the ambassadors if you haven’t already. However, I haven’t heard anything.

Oh my. OOS II today lol! LM 71, complete late August, and they're scheduling for a few dates to the second week of March. :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
is there a facebook group or other group for accepted students? and/or campus specific threads?
You're invited to 'University of Illinois Medical School Accepted Students 2023-2024' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Did anyone not receive the post-interview day survey? I don't see anything in my inbox.

Got assigned to Peoria and yeah I’m bummed 😔 anyone know if we can do our rotations in Chicago as a M3/M4?

For those who interviewed last week, have you received any of the emails they said we would get following the interview day?

So, is there no way to change campus assignments even if we have completely legitimate reasons to stay in Chicago? Especially if the Peoria or Rockford campus is gonna be a massive inconvenience and you want to attend a program at the Chicago campus?

My faculty interview file was lost so I have to redo that portion of the interview. Wasn’t on my bingo card for this to happen but I’ll gladly do it again.😅

• Wow
So, is there no way to change campus assignments even if we have completely legitimate reasons to stay in Chicago? Especially if the Peoria or Rockford campus is gonna be a massive inconvenience and you want to attend a program at the Chicago campus?
During my interview, they emphasized heavily that once the assignment is made, it cannot be changed.

Ill be declining my A at Chicago, maybe email and ask if you can wait before submitting your site preferences

Reactions: 1 users
Ill be declining my A at Chicago, maybe email and ask if you can wait before submitting your site preferences
Already got placed haha but I appreciate the candor

Withdrew my II yesterday so I hope it goes to one of you if it hasn’t already!!!

Best of luck!!

Reactions: 4 users
Any pre-interview rejections sent out

what are the chances placed on DD 11/2023 still no response LM 65 and URM