You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dotsquared
Full Member
Same haha. It’s my top school and I wish it wasn’t such a waiting process. It’s making me stressedI am getting nervous lol. I've lived in illinois my whole life but still no II 🙁
I am getting nervous lol. I've lived in illinois my whole life but still no II 🙁
Complete date and stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/24 Completed, 521, and 3.7 GPAComplete date and stats?
7/24 Completed, 521, and 3.7 GPA
I’m suprised no II I was complete Aug 14 with 504 mcat and 4.0 gpa instate II. Maybe ur too good lol
justturkey
Full Member
OOS II today! LM 75, complete 9/15!
Congrats!OOS II today! LM 75, complete 9/15!
me tooI am getting nervous lol. I've lived in illinois my whole life but still no II 🙁
ThanosThighs
Full Member
CONGRATS! Any ties to the state?OOS II today! LM 75, complete 9/15!
rainbow1234$$
Full Member
Did any in state people get interviews yet?
dotsquared
Full Member
Not me... Getting worried hahaDid any in state people get interviews yet?
punchout34334690
Full Member
If you get rejected for early decision can you still be considered for RD?
D
deleted1174679
Nope, they seem to be suddenly out of state friendlyDid any in state people get interviews yet?
rainbow1234$$
Full Member
Nope, they seem to be suddenly out of state friendly
That’s really weird. Do they wait usually until maybe November/December to start sending out in state interviews?
mintchocchip
Full Member
just wanna add some data points - im IS and was at one of the recent interview days and more than half of the people interviewing were IS. Definitely would not say that they are not interviewing IS, just seems to be higher levels of OOS reporting on SDN.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deep breaths! It's a long process. I (OOS) interviewed in March and got my A then. I interviewed with quite a few IS who were accepted around the same time.I am getting nervous lol. I've lived in illinois my whole life but still no II 🙁
IS II! Submitted 8/28
alma mater/urm/509/ 3.7 gpa/3.83 sgpa
alma mater/urm/509/ 3.7 gpa/3.83 sgpa
ScreamingMüller
New Member
I’m IS and haven’t received an II yet. Should I be concerned? LM: 69.
I mean, I think IIs have like just started coming out. Just be patient and keep your hopes up!I’m IS and haven’t received an II yet. Should I be concerned? LM: 69.
rainbow1234$$
Full Member
Post-ERAS M4 here with lots of extra time lol willing to answer any questions y’all have
Do you have any idea about the patter of IS II and if they are sent out later in the cycle?
OOS II! Completed 9/20
URM, Veteran.
URM, Veteran.
OOS II! Completed 9/20
URM, Veteran.
That fast??!??!
I’m not on the admissions committee, so I have no idea. I do know that there have been plenty of IS applicants at interviews and that the vast majority of people in my cohort are IS. It’s still super early in the cycle, so if you haven’t heard back yet, I definitely would not give up hope. I know UICOM is open to LOI’s, so keep that in mind for later on in the cycle.Do you have any idea about the patter of IS II and if they are sent out later in the cycle?
LM 79 complete 7/31 and no II. I’m not really sure how they’re doing it but I think they interview pretty consistently throughout the season so I won’t be worried until later on. Keep in mind the IS II rate is only 16% too. I love this school and am hopefully that we make it but I’m telling myself for now that whatever happens happens and to just hope for the best! There is a LOT of time left in the cycle.I’m IS and haven’t received an II yet. Should I be concerned? LM: 69.
For those who've interviewed, could you describe the general vibe of the day? Was it more of a conversational or did it lean towards a formal setting? How would you rate your stress level throughout the process and your overall experience? Thank you in advance!
Illinois or bust
Full Member
It felt very informal at times. The MMI was kind of stressful but the faculty interview felt very conversational. I only interviewed with UIC but compared to my mock interviews it was low-stress.For those who've interviewed, could you describe the general vibe of the day? Was it more of a conversational or did it lean towards a formal setting? How would you rate your stress level throughout the process and your overall experience? Thank you in advance!
Last edited:
D
deleted1165389
Do people know if acceptances can be given before the 19th? I’ve seen that some schools give them on the 16th
I'd take this with a grain of salt, but I believe the Admissions Committee meets on the 19th, given that it's the 3rd Thursday of the month. I think decisions will come out on the 20th, maybe the evening of the 19th. I'll be anxiously waiting all of next week thoDo people know if acceptances can be given before the 19th? I’ve seen that some schools give them on the 16th
According to MSAR, the 19th is the absolute earliest they'll go!Do people know if acceptances can be given before the 19th? I’ve seen that some schools give them on the 16th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do people know if acceptances can be given before the 19th? I’ve seen that some schools give them on the 16th
I’m an M2 and in years past they released on the 15th and then another set of acceptances the 3rd Friday of October. With that being said, if they told you something different in your interview, go with that.
D
deleted1165389
The MSAR says the 19th— but they didn’t say anything in particularI’m an M2 and in years past they released on the 15th and then another set of acceptances the 3rd Friday of October. With that being said, if they told you something different in your interview, go with that.
whitegoated
Full Member
I know we sound like a broken record but I'm IS, born and raised in Chicago, LM 68, complete Aug 2... starting to get really antsy that I haven't heard back. Seems like there's no pattern to how they're going through apps
Also instate LM 77 submitted mid july and radio silenceI know we sound like a broken record but I'm IS, born and raised in Chicago, LM 68, complete Aug 2... starting to get really antsy that I haven't heard back. Seems like there's no pattern to how they're going through apps
I just checked the portal and under document status none of my letters have a check or anything saying they were approved? other schools have approved them so idk if this is normal or if I should email plz help lol
Anyone hear anything in their interview that contradicts the claim that decisions will be coming out on the 19/20? Trying to figure out how anxious I need to be tomorrow.
From my interview, they said by OCT 19/20.Anyone hear anything in their interview that contradicts the claim that decisions will be coming out on the 19/20? Trying to figure out how anxious I need to be tomorrow.
MSAR says 10/19 the earliest.
Website says "After you’ve completed your interview, your completed evaluation will be presented to the Committee on Admissions (COA) on the third Thursday of each month beginning in October...Communications on acceptances and delayed decisions will be sent by the Friday following the COA meeting by 5pm."
D
deleted1165389
Are most people deferred admission?From my interview, they said by OCT 19/20.
MSAR says 10/19 the earliest.
Website says "After you’ve completed your interview, your completed evaluation will be presented to the Committee on Admissions (COA) on the third Thursday of each month beginning in October...Communications on acceptances and delayed decisions will be sent by the Friday following the COA meeting by 5pm."
According to the school, most interviewees are admitted (80%). However, I'm not sure how many of those accepted were deferred first.Are most people deferred admission?
I know we sound like a broken record but I'm IS, born and raised in Chicago, LM 68, complete Aug 2... starting to get really antsy that I haven't heard back. Seems like there's no pattern to how they're going through apps
My cycle I was complete in early Sept? maybe late Aug with similar LM and interviewed in March with people who were complete from pretty much every point in the cycle, IS and OOS. I'm not sure they do interviews out to March anymore but just sharing my experience to hopefully give you some calm. Deep breaths, its a long cycle. Hoping the best for you!
Anyone know if USF is Pass/Fail?
Wrong thread @farmeronly?Anyone know if USF is Pass/Fail?
+1 OOS II!!
I sure hope so. Last year the first decisions came out on the first Friday after the 15thY'all think we will hear back about decisions tomorrow? Keeping fingers crossed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1165389
ooo that’s awesome— do you think any could drop today?I sure hope so. Last year the first decisions came out on the first Friday after the 15th
D
deleted1171273
The committee meets on the third thursday and then will have some decisions out by the next friday by 5 pm i read somewhere.ooo that’s awesome— do you think any could drop today?
D
deleted1165389
S
oh okay. last year’s thread someone was accepted the 20th, but that would be such a fast turn around— I doubt we hear anything if they’re just now meetingThe committee meets on the third thursday and then will have some decisions out by the next friday by 5 pm i read somewhere.
Yeah I only saw one A on the 20th last year with everything else on the 21st. I’d be shocked if there were decisions today. I’m banking on hearing tomorrow.S
oh okay. last year’s thread someone was accepted the 20th, but that would be such a fast turn around— I doubt we hear anything if they’re just now meeting
Hi all, question for you. I'm IS, I really like UICOM, and it's one of my top choices. I know this process doesn't always make sense, and I'll be the first person to say that nobody is entitled to anything in med school admissions. But I'm a bit concerned that I haven't received an II here; I feel there is a strong mission fit, my stats are great, and I put so much effort into my secondaries here that I think they were some of my best essays of the cycle (though obviously I'm biased). I was complete 7/31.
My question is, should I send a letter of interest? I don't really have anything to update them on except that I've actually started a volunteer opportunity that I mentioned that I was going to start in my secondaries; but this isn't newsworthy. However, their website states:
If it’s been over 6 weeks since your application was marked complete, you are welcome to submit an update via the “Other Documents” section of the Secondary Application Portal to reaffirm your interest in our institution, or provide other updates that are relevant to the Committee on Admissions (such as updates on research, employment, experiences, etc.). These will be reviewed by the Committee.
So I'm not sure what to do other than write a letter restating my interest in the institution and why (things I already addressed in the secondary tbh but could re-emphasize). The alternative is to just sit and hope. I know I have plenty of IIs already and I'm very grateful for that, but this is the only school that I would consider writing a letter of interest to-- that's how interested I am in the school.
My question is, should I send a letter of interest? I don't really have anything to update them on except that I've actually started a volunteer opportunity that I mentioned that I was going to start in my secondaries; but this isn't newsworthy. However, their website states:
If it’s been over 6 weeks since your application was marked complete, you are welcome to submit an update via the “Other Documents” section of the Secondary Application Portal to reaffirm your interest in our institution, or provide other updates that are relevant to the Committee on Admissions (such as updates on research, employment, experiences, etc.). These will be reviewed by the Committee.
So I'm not sure what to do other than write a letter restating my interest in the institution and why (things I already addressed in the secondary tbh but could re-emphasize). The alternative is to just sit and hope. I know I have plenty of IIs already and I'm very grateful for that, but this is the only school that I would consider writing a letter of interest to-- that's how interested I am in the school.