2023-2024 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For future curious applicants, the alternate list is currently on #42!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know which campus option is being offered to those who are getting off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know which campus option is being offered to those who are getting off the waitlist?
I was offered four years of Wichita. I was also told by admissions that the majority of alternate list people get offered Wichita. Everybody wants to go to the big hospital and big city first.

Reactions: 1 users
Wichita is my hometown and I’m a 2/2 student. From what I’ve heard from others, people tend to write Wichita off as a town with nothing to do. To an extent, they’re right, but there’s a lot to try in terms of food. It’s definitely a town where you can eat well (i.e. local restaurants, Latino neighborhood, Asian Fest/Night Market, etc.). Night life leaves a lot to be desired, but it’s still somewhat present. Rent and the cost of living in general are also significantly cheaper than in KC. Another general consensus with students there is that the clinical clerkships are much more hands-on than on the KC campus.
I agree completely. I know the campus set up is to be more of a clinical set up rather than a hospital set up as well. I also know some folks who have chosen as their number one to be in Wichita for that reason. Just depends on what you're looking for, but I think a lot of people are looking for the big city and big hospital experience for their medical school

Reactions: 1 user
for future curious applicants: KU’s commit to enroll deadline was june 25th and the alternate list is at #45! good luck! :)

Last edited: