2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Also what was the group interview like? What did they do?
There was no group interview. The asynchronous interview is sent before the online information session where they talk about the school. The interviewed students day that I went in person to, was optional.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an OOS II! is it normal that they are scheduling interviews out in February right now because I see no other dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also what was the group interview like? What did they do?
the group interview was honestly great. they want to see how well you work with others. they’ll present a question to the group and will watch how the conversation flows. i had a great time at mine! they asked a few philosophical questions and a few that you would expect they’d ask. i do think it depends on who your interviewers are though

Just got my acceptance over email! Regular decision, interviewed on 9/11

Reactions: 3 users
I applied early June and still have not heard back. LM 69. Is this normal?

Congratulations!! Did you have a portal change??

Thank you! And My admissions status just says they have made a decision and will send me an official letter

For everyone who got an A from this school did you all attend the on campus visit ? And do you know if registering for an on campus visit delays our decision post interview ?

For everyone who got an A from this school did you all attend the on campus visit ? And do you know if registering for an on campus visit delays our decision post interview ?

I did not attend the on campus visit and got an acceptance yesterday. I’m not quite sure about your second question as a never registered for it either, my apologies.

Got an OOS II! is it normal that they are scheduling interviews out in February right now because I see no other dates.
Probly repeat Q. When you mean II, do you mean the virtual interview that one has to record oneself, as my understanding is LECOM has no live interviews. thx.

I'm wondering the same thing. My info session was on 11/13 and I registered for an on-campus visit for the middle of January. I'm really hoping that it won't end up delaying the decision...

I'm wondering the same thing. My info session was on 11/13 and I registered for an on-campus visit for the middle of January. I'm really hoping that it won't end up delaying the decision...

I spoke with admissions today apparently it does not, but at the same time why have a group in person interview if it holds no merit or evaluation ?

I wouldn’t worry bc there is gonna be huge movement since there is a $1500 deposit due in December to continue holding an A so many people will decline

Does anyone know if they just send out acceptances on random days? or are their set dates they send them out?

Just got my acceptance over email! Regular decision, interviewed on 9/11
congrats!! Did your portal say the “14 day” or “30 day” thing or was it just the “we will email you” thing?

Am I a little confused cause I thought they were starting to mail decisions on Nov 15th… and that’s what my portal says but I also haven’t received anymore updates?

Any chance we might hear back this week?

Placed on alternative. Info session was 10/30/23. Had the 14 day message in my portal. Anyone know if this is promising or no ?

Placed on alternative. Info session was 10/30/23. Had the 14 day message in my portal. Anyone know if this is promising or no ?

For what it’s worth, alt is backup to the WL. And no, I don’t know any more info. But several people have posted on Reddit that they’ve been placed on the alt list and when they called LECOM that’s what they’ve been told.

Am I a little confused cause I thought they were starting to mail decisions on Nov 15th… and that’s what my portal says but I also haven’t received anymore updates?

That’s when they *start* yes, but that doesn’t mean they actually mailed yours then. It could’ve been 11/15 or any time afterward. That’s just when the window for sending out admissions restarted after the ED window closed.

Placed on alternate list today. Info sesh 9/27. Does anyone actually get a post-interview rejection from here or is everyone else just placed on the alternate list lol

For what it’s worth, alt is backup to the WL. And no, I don’t know any more info. But several people have posted on Reddit that they’ve been placed on the alt list and when they called LECOM that’s what they’ve been told.
I see the email also said that we would be notified of acceptance by the third week of July. How does this work if you already hold acceptances with other schools ? Like is the deadline to commit not sometime in April or earlier ? July seems late

Also placed on alternate list. I thought it was the same as waitlist tho?

I saw on past sdn thread for lecom that alternate list is same as waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
I saw on past sdn thread for lecom that alternate list is same as waitlist

Maybe in past years! But if you go through this year’s LECOM Reddit threads apparently it’s the back up to the WL this year
IMG_1492.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a pre-II R letter. It’s over.

Waitlisted from Elmira, just got the letter in the mail. NJ resident.

Anyone have any idea about how many applicants get off the waitlist?

Last edited:
Just got II yesterday, info session 2/26. Complete 6/25. I’m a non-trad (work in healthcare, have a PhD), OOS, overall GPA 3.79, sGPA 3.75.

Does anyone know how likely Bradenton is to accept that late in the interview cycle? I looked back at the older threads but didn’t really see much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed/attended the informational session back in august and opted for regular decision but I still haven't heard anything by mail or email and there has been no change in my portal. Should I reach out to admissions or should I just keep waiting? It seems odd that I haven't heard anything, acceptance, WL, or rejection at this point but I'm not sure if that's something to worry about at this point.

I interviewed/attended the informational session back in august and opted for regular decision but I still haven't heard anything by mail or email and there has been no change in my portal. Should I reach out to admissions or should I just keep waiting? It seems odd that I haven't heard anything, acceptance, WL, or rejection at this point but I'm not sure if that's something to worry about at this point.
Me too, I’m wondering if they’ve just ghosted us at this point, I was gonna email admissions today, I’ll lyk if they say anything.

same boat