2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you ever get the under review email?
not officially I didn’t. I had to reach out a while back and ask what the status of my app was and then I was told it was currently “under review”

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Holy crap, it sounds like a bunch of folks are getting Pre-II rejections. Looks like they might be closing the cycle soon after all

Reactions: 1 users
i got the under review email three months ago and it said that they won’t accept anymore updates… could i still send one or no

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the under review email three months ago and it said that they won’t accept anymore updates… could i still send one or no
I sent a letter or update/interest and got an interview a few weeks after so I’d recommend it!

Holy crap, it sounds like a bunch of folks are getting Pre-II rejections. Looks like they might be closing the cycle soon after all
I’ve managed to escape a few rounds of rejections but I can’t tell if it’s a good sign or if they’re just stringing me along to the end. Complete since August btw

Reactions: 6 users
I’ve managed to escape a few rounds of rejections but I can’t tell if it’s a good sign or if they’re just stringing me along to the end. Complete since August btw
Same, I didn't get a pre-II R (At least, not yet) and I don't know what to think. I sent an update a couple of months ago that they responded to.

Reactions: 3 users
Same, I didn't get a pre-II R (At least, not yet) and I don't know what to think. I sent an update a couple of months ago that they responded to.
same lol

Reactions: 2 users
Based on last years thread, I think next week is the last week they send IIs.

Just checked last year's thread, and an II was reported on April 24! With all the delays this cycle, I wouldn't even be surprised if the last II gets sent in early May. (not trying to create false hope, but there's still a chance)

Just checked last year's thread, and an II was reported on April 24! With all the delays this cycle, I wouldn't even be surprised if the last II gets sent in early May. (not trying to create false hope, but there's still a chance)
Oh even better lol

Anyone still being ghosted by Meharry? I submitted my secondary in late august and it’s been silence since.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone still being ghosted by Meharry? I submitted my secondary in late august and it’s been silence since.
Same didn’t even get an under review email. I wonder if it means they plan to auto reject but we’ll see…

Members don't see this ad :)
yea atp i’m just kinda waiting for a rejection since it seems like they’re almost done with the cycle and aren’t really communicating

Those who received pre-II R, did you guys send in update letters? Ugh I have such tiny hope

yea atp i’m just kinda waiting for a rejection since it seems like they’re almost done with the cycle and aren’t really communicating
Agreed. Just seems weird since they already sent out many pre II Rs.

Just spoke to someone who said admissions put a pause on things rn and plan to resume in a few weeks

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Just spoke to someone who said admissions put a pause on things rn and plan to resume in a few weeks
did they say why? did they say exactly when they’d resume? why wasn’t any of this relayed to us? so many questions i want answered lmao

did they say why? did they say exactly when they’d resume? why wasn’t any of this relayed to us? so many questions i want answered lmao

I actually don’t wanna repeat the why lol but just internal stuff. Didn’t have a date & idk lol

That deadline most likely won't apply to people accepted near or after it.

There are schools that have accepted people the day before classes begin.

I had read online and on social media about Meharry being kinda shady too, but I guess take that info with a grain of salt...

I wouldn't say to take it with a grain of salt. Be fully informed. People may wonder why I'm bothering at all. I took it with a grain of salt too. Now that I'm here, I should have taken it more seriously. If you have other options, weigh them all carefully. If you don't, then do what you have to do. Their graduating 2024 class only had 88 students, and only 85 matched. They started with 120. I'm proud of the 2024 class. They worked hard and got there in spite of Meharry's issues.

Their 2022 class only had 76% who graduated in 4 years, so prepare for a 5 year program. They don't even keep those stats up to date on the website. The other thing I should have looked at was their Step Pass Rate. I don't know the current rate because I can't find it. They don't say what year, but only 87% passed Step 1 the first try, and only 82% passed Step 2 on the first try. I'm giving you all facts I didn't think of to look into. I saw an HBCU that had been around for well over a century and chalked all the talk up to haters. Be informed, and then make the best decision you can from the options you have.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't say to take it with a grain of salt. Be fully informed. People may wonder why I'm bothering at all. I took it with a grain of salt too. Now that I'm here, I should have taken it more seriously. If you have other options, weigh them all carefully. If you don't, then do what you have to do. Their graduating 2024 class only had 88 students, and only 85 matched. They started with 120. I'm proud of the 2024 class. They worked hard and got there in spite of Meharry's issues.

Their 2022 class only had 76% who graduated in 4 years, so prepare for a 5 year program. They don't even keep those stats up to date on the website. The other thing I should have looked at was their Step Pass Rate. I don't know the current rate because I can't find it. They don't say what year, but only 87% passed Step 1 the first try, and only 82% passed Step 2 on the first try. I'm giving you all facts I didn't think of to look into. I saw an HBCU that had been around for well over a century and chalked all the talk up to haters. Be informed, and then make the best decision you can from the options you have.
Yea, I said take it with a grain of salt since I'm sure there are varying opinions about Meharry, but I do agree that it is significant to look at every opportunity meticulously before committing. I was wondering if the program is no longer on probationary status?

Yea, I said take it with a grain of salt since I'm sure there are varying opinions about Meharry, but I do agree that it is significant to look at every opportunity meticulously before committing. I was wondering if the program is no longer on probationary status?

They are still on probation.

This is good to know! Thank you so much for sharing! Has this affected your education at all?

Being on probation in and of itself doesn't affect me. What I'm coming to realize is that what put them on probation is what affects me. I will DM you the rest, because I'm not trying to start a war on this thread. I'm giving everyone a chance to think about things I wish I had been warned of.

Being on probation in and of itself doesn't affect me. What I'm coming to realize is that what put them on probation is what affects me. I will DM you the rest, because I'm not trying to start a war on this thread. I'm giving everyone a chance to think about things I wish I had been warned of.
Please start a war. Its the little kick we all need right now or else I will be doing a final backflip on the closest window. Im on the 5th floor lmao

Please start a war. Its the little kick we all need right now or else I will be doing a final backflip on the closest window. Im on the 5th floor lmao
I could use some chisme this Easter day I have to admit.

Please, we are waiting for the real tea....

Reactions: 7 users
Please Dm me too about the other details

i emailed for an update because i’ve been “under review” since december 7 and they said you’re “under review” … how long does this review take 😔

• Sad
I applied back in June, got a secondary invite on august 29, 2023. I never submitted secondary but never got an R either. Considering submitting secondary, but is that a good idea this late in the cycle? Realistically, what are my chances?

3.5 GPA, ORM, F, 49X MCAT. I am on a WL for a DO school, another interview coming up for another DO school. Retaking mcat to reapply if this cycle doesn't go well.

I applied back in June, got a secondary invite on august 29, 2023. I never submitted secondary but never got an R either. Considering submitting secondary, but is that a good idea this late in the cycle? Realistically, what are my chances?

3.5 GPA, ORM, F, 49X MCAT. I am on a WL for a DO school, another interview coming up for another DO school. Retaking mcat to reapply if this cycle doesn't go well.
Never say never and all that but I have to admit it's pretty late in the cycle.

I would just save the money to be honest....

I think there was a secondary deadline.

Please DM me with this tea, I like to be informed!

I love how that poster came on here and keeps saying they don’t wanna cause drama but has been cryptic the whole time and causing more confusion lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
has anyone from the March 9th student panel had all 3 of their interviews yet?

just wanted to provide some insight. i am on the student committee and they indeed are still working. not sure who told that there was a pause but that is not true. we have interviews this Saturday... :unsure:

It's obvious that this school has some students who are bitter about things. It is probably wise to take everything without a confirmed source with a grain of salt.

This isn't to say that those people aren't right, but to believe them blindly may not be the best idea.

Last edited:
just wanted to provide some insight. i am on the student committee and they indeed are still working. not sure who told that there was a pause but that is not true. we have interviews this Saturday... :unsure:
i mean i believe @PrettyMDD - we be DM'ing and she seems pretty helpful and honest.