You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Meharry
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh even better lolJust checked last year's thread, and an II was reported on April 24! With all the delays this cycle, I wouldn't even be surprised if the last II gets sent in early May. (not trying to create false hope, but there's still a chance)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IgboDocKing
Full Member
Same didn’t even get an under review email. I wonder if it means they plan to auto reject but we’ll see…Anyone still being ghosted by Meharry? I submitted my secondary in late august and it’s been silence since.
lovely2025
Full Member
yea atp i’m just kinda waiting for a rejection since it seems like they’re almost done with the cycle and aren’t really communicating
Those who received pre-II R, did you guys send in update letters? Ugh I have such tiny hope
Agreed. Just seems weird since they already sent out many pre II Rs.yea atp i’m just kinda waiting for a rejection since it seems like they’re almost done with the cycle and aren’t really communicating
I did yesThose who received pre-II R, did you guys send in update letters? Ugh I have such tiny hope
lovely2025
Full Member
did they say why? did they say exactly when they’d resume? why wasn’t any of this relayed to us? so many questions i want answered lmaoJust spoke to someone who said admissions put a pause on things rn and plan to resume in a few weeks
PrettyMDD
Full Member
did they say why? did they say exactly when they’d resume? why wasn’t any of this relayed to us? so many questions i want answered lmao
I actually don’t wanna repeat the why lol but just internal stuff. Didn’t have a date & idk lol
The May 1 deadline is in a few weeks lmaoJust spoke to someone who said admissions put a pause on things rn and plan to resume in a few weeks
lovely2025
Full Member
what exactly is the may 1 deadline?The May 1 deadline is in a few weeks lmao
A FEW WEEKS?!?!Just spoke to someone who said admissions put a pause on things rn and plan to resume in a few weeks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PrettyMDD
Full Member
A FEW WEEKS?!?!
[emoji51]
I had read online and on social media about Meharry being kinda shady too, but I guess take that info with a grain of salt...
I wouldn't say to take it with a grain of salt. Be fully informed. People may wonder why I'm bothering at all. I took it with a grain of salt too. Now that I'm here, I should have taken it more seriously. If you have other options, weigh them all carefully. If you don't, then do what you have to do. Their graduating 2024 class only had 88 students, and only 85 matched. They started with 120. I'm proud of the 2024 class. They worked hard and got there in spite of Meharry's issues.
Their 2022 class only had 76% who graduated in 4 years, so prepare for a 5 year program. They don't even keep those stats up to date on the website. The other thing I should have looked at was their Step Pass Rate. I don't know the current rate because I can't find it. They don't say what year, but only 87% passed Step 1 the first try, and only 82% passed Step 2 on the first try. I'm giving you all facts I didn't think of to look into. I saw an HBCU that had been around for well over a century and chalked all the talk up to haters. Be informed, and then make the best decision you can from the options you have.
futurephysician1994
Full Member
Yea, I said take it with a grain of salt since I'm sure there are varying opinions about Meharry, but I do agree that it is significant to look at every opportunity meticulously before committing. I was wondering if the program is no longer on probationary status?I wouldn't say to take it with a grain of salt. Be fully informed. People may wonder why I'm bothering at all. I took it with a grain of salt too. Now that I'm here, I should have taken it more seriously. If you have other options, weigh them all carefully. If you don't, then do what you have to do. Their graduating 2024 class only had 88 students, and only 85 matched. They started with 120. I'm proud of the 2024 class. They worked hard and got there in spite of Meharry's issues.
Their 2022 class only had 76% who graduated in 4 years, so prepare for a 5 year program. They don't even keep those stats up to date on the website. The other thing I should have looked at was their Step Pass Rate. I don't know the current rate because I can't find it. They don't say what year, but only 87% passed Step 1 the first try, and only 82% passed Step 2 on the first try. I'm giving you all facts I didn't think of to look into. I saw an HBCU that had been around for well over a century and chalked all the talk up to haters. Be informed, and then make the best decision you can from the options you have.
Yea, I said take it with a grain of salt since I'm sure there are varying opinions about Meharry, but I do agree that it is significant to look at every opportunity meticulously before committing. I was wondering if the program is no longer on probationary status?
They are still on probation.
futurephysician1994
Full Member
This is good to know! Thank you so much for sharing! Has this affected your education at all?They are still on probation.
This is good to know! Thank you so much for sharing! Has this affected your education at all?
Being on probation in and of itself doesn't affect me. What I'm coming to realize is that what put them on probation is what affects me. I will DM you the rest, because I'm not trying to start a war on this thread. I'm giving everyone a chance to think about things I wish I had been warned of.
Please start a war. Its the little kick we all need right now or else I will be doing a final backflip on the closest window. Im on the 5th floor lmaoBeing on probation in and of itself doesn't affect me. What I'm coming to realize is that what put them on probation is what affects me. I will DM you the rest, because I'm not trying to start a war on this thread. I'm giving everyone a chance to think about things I wish I had been warned of.
I could use some chisme this Easter day I have to admit.Please start a war. Its the little kick we all need right now or else I will be doing a final backflip on the closest window. Im on the 5th floor lmao
Please, we are waiting for the real tea....Being on probation in and of itself doesn't affect me. What I'm coming to realize is that what put them on probation is what affects me. I will DM you the rest, because I'm not trying to start a war on this thread. I'm giving everyone a chance to think about things I wish I had been warned of.
Please Dm me too about the other detailsBeing on probation in and of itself doesn't affect me. What I'm coming to realize is that what put them on probation is what affects me. I will DM you the rest, because I'm not trying to start a war on this thread. I'm giving everyone a chance to think about things I wish I had been warned of.
lovely2025
Full Member
i emailed for an update because i’ve been “under review” since december 7 and they said you’re “under review” … how long does this review take 😔
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Could I also get the details from one of you kind souls please?@PrettyMDD can you or someone else dm me the details that @junaybith is talking about - i DM'd him but didn't get the tea 🙁
PrettyMDD
Full Member
@PrettyMDD can you or someone else dm me the details that @junaybith is talking about - i DM'd him but didn't get the tea 🙁
That person ain’t message me lol
I applied back in June, got a secondary invite on august 29, 2023. I never submitted secondary but never got an R either. Considering submitting secondary, but is that a good idea this late in the cycle? Realistically, what are my chances?
3.5 GPA, ORM, F, 49X MCAT. I am on a WL for a DO school, another interview coming up for another DO school. Retaking mcat to reapply if this cycle doesn't go well.
3.5 GPA, ORM, F, 49X MCAT. I am on a WL for a DO school, another interview coming up for another DO school. Retaking mcat to reapply if this cycle doesn't go well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never say never and all that but I have to admit it's pretty late in the cycle.I applied back in June, got a secondary invite on august 29, 2023. I never submitted secondary but never got an R either. Considering submitting secondary, but is that a good idea this late in the cycle? Realistically, what are my chances?
3.5 GPA, ORM, F, 49X MCAT. I am on a WL for a DO school, another interview coming up for another DO school. Retaking mcat to reapply if this cycle doesn't go well.
I would just save the money to be honest....I applied back in June, got a secondary invite on august 29, 2023. I never submitted secondary but never got an R either. Considering submitting secondary, but is that a good idea this late in the cycle? Realistically, what are my chances?
3.5 GPA, ORM, F, 49X MCAT. I am on a WL for a DO school, another interview coming up for another DO school. Retaking mcat to reapply if this cycle doesn't go well.
walkingbyfaith23
Full Member
I think there was a secondary deadline.I applied back in June, got a secondary invite on august 29, 2023. I never submitted secondary but never got an R either. Considering submitting secondary, but is that a good idea this late in the cycle? Realistically, what are my chances?
3.5 GPA, ORM, F, 49X MCAT. I am on a WL for a DO school, another interview coming up for another DO school. Retaking mcat to reapply if this cycle doesn't go well.
I got a reminder email to submit the secondary. But I think im just going to pass on Meharry. Best of luck to everyone!I think there was a secondary deadline.
Please DM me with this tea, I like to be informed!Being on probation in and of itself doesn't affect me. What I'm coming to realize is that what put them on probation is what affects me. I will DM you the rest, because I'm not trying to start a war on this thread. I'm giving everyone a chance to think about things I wish I had been warned of.
So they are postponing for a couple of weeks!???
Well okay I’ll grab my chair and bottle of wine
Well okay I’ll grab my chair and bottle of wine
muffinman#3
Full Member
I love how that poster came on here and keeps saying they don’t wanna cause drama but has been cryptic the whole time and causing more confusion lol
just wanted to provide some insight. i am on the student committee and they indeed are still working. not sure who told that there was a pause but that is not true. we have interviews this Saturday... 🤔
It's obvious that this school has some students who are bitter about things. It is probably wise to take everything without a confirmed source with a grain of salt.
This isn't to say that those people aren't right, but to believe them blindly may not be the best idea.
This isn't to say that those people aren't right, but to believe them blindly may not be the best idea.
Last edited:
i mean i believe @PrettyMDD - we be DM'ing and she seems pretty helpful and honest.just wanted to provide some insight. i am on the student committee and they indeed are still working. not sure who told that there was a pause but that is not true. we have interviews this Saturday... 🤔
muffinman#3
Full Member
Would yall mind just being more clear because all this subliminal stuff is making the situation more stressful
i'm not saying she isn't LOL. but Ms. Dixon reached out to the student committee today with a new round of interviews. so to relieve you all's worries, I am letting you guys know that it is a fact that we are still moving forward not taking a break for a few weeks. i am saying whoever (from Meharry) told @PrettyMDD told her incorrectly.i mean i believe @PrettyMDD - we be DM'ing and she seems pretty helpful and honest.
harry_potter138
Full Member
II today, forgot I applied here tbh lol. Will be turning down the opportunity, hopefully it goes to one of ya'll!
lovely2025
Full Member
did you ever get any under review email? honestly so frustrated with the school i’ve been under review for four months… just any sort of actual update would be appreciatedII today, forgot I applied here tbh lol. Will be turning down the opportunity, hopefully it goes to one of ya'll!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
penny2001
Full Member
Omg congrats!! When did you get the email?ACCEPTED off waitlist!!!
PrettyMDD
Full Member
Omg congrats!! When did you get the email?
6:30pm
harry_potter138
Full Member
No I never got an under review email, I just checked and I submitted by secondary the beginning of September, but didn't receive any updates after that.did you ever get any under review email? honestly so frustrated with the school i’ve been under review for four months… just any sort of actual update would be appreciated
longhorn2022
Full Member
I have; student panel 03/09, traditional 03/26, and MMI 03/29has anyone from the March 9th student panel had all 3 of their interviews yet?