2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So it sounds like they're still offering II? A bunch of other schools are closing for this app cycle... so maybe Meharry operates on a longer timeline?
considering a lot of us didn’t get the secondary until December despite submitting the primary well beforehand, I would hope they still are lol. if they’re not then I’d like to not keep holding on to hope 🥲

Members don't see this ad.

considering a lot of us didn’t get the secondary until December despite submitting the primary well beforehand, I would hope they still are lol. if they’re not then I’d like to not keep holding on to hope 🥲
they are my guy they interview till end of April

Reactions: 2 users
So that everyone knows, Meharry is on probation. That never happens in a vacuum. They continue to lose professors and struggle to find replacements. If Meharry is your only option, I get it. Do what you have to. If you have other options, consider them seriously.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So that everyone knows, Meharry is on probation. That never happens in a vacuum. They continue to lose professors and struggle to find replacements. If Meharry is your only option, I get it. Do what you have to. If you have other options, consider them seriously.
ngl kinda sus this is your first post...i want meharry to accept me so badly, ughh

also let everyone make up their own mind, here's the outcomes link: Quick Facts - Meharry Medical College

Reactions: 3 users
how long did people wait to schedule the faculty/mmi after the student panel? getting kinda nervous haven't heard since saturday

Reactions: 1 user
how long did people wait to schedule the faculty/mmi after the student panel? getting kinda nervous haven't heard since saturday

I know this whole medical school application process is stressful but really try your best to stay calm and not tweak. I got emailed about my mmi and traditional email exactly 10 days after my student. I also emailed my student interviewer a thank you, they never responded and I still got accepted. Just be yourself and let them see your personality.

Hopefully, after Match Day is over this week things will pick up

I had read online and on social media about Meharry being kinda shady too, but I guess take that info with a grain of salt...

Lol shady like how?
Complaints regarding administration not being receptive to student feedback and some retaliation against students for speaking out. These stories are not confirmed though, so again I wouldn't put too much thought into it haha

Don’t know if anyone touched on this previously but are interviews still guaranteed for people who complete and meet the requirements for the MHS program?

Don’t know if anyone touched on this previously but are interviews still guaranteed for people who complete and meet the requirements for the MHS program?

If you got the required GPA and MCAT then should be coming in April

Complaints regarding administration not being receptive to student feedback and some retaliation against students for speaking out. These stories are not confirmed though, so again I wouldn't put too much thought into it haha

Can u send me the link

Members don't see this ad :)

I believe they discontinued the linkage. That’s what I was told by current students.

Pre-II R - I emailed them in January with my updated transcript and wasn't able to get a hold of them so i emailed them again yesterday asking about an update on my application. I submitted my secondary end of dec and a few hours later they gave me a rejection and then after emailed me asking for my update in pdf format lol.

• Wow
Pre-II R - I emailed them in January with my updated transcript and wasn't able to get a hold of them so i emailed them again yesterday asking about an update on my application. I submitted my secondary end of dec and a few hours later they gave me a rejection and then after emailed me asking for my update in pdf format lol.
did you send them the update in the pdf format?? that's weird how they emailed you that right after sending you the pre-II R

My goodness they sound like a mess right now lol. I submitted back in September and haven't heard anything yet, it's weird that they're sending out rejections to those who completed in December. It seems like they're not going in order of submission date?

Ms. Dixon said that they are interviewing until the end of April so I guess they have another full month to fill their class.

Reactions: 8 users
Odds that ii will still get sent out at this point? I was complete in November.

I had the student panel about 10 days ago and haven't recieved a follow up for MMI/staff interview - anyone else? should I reach out to ms. dixon?

I had the student panel about 10 days ago and haven't recieved a follow up for MMI/staff interview - anyone else? should I reach out to ms. dixon?

She said give it 2 weeks & honestly she doesn’t know who is doing your MMI because staff reaches out themselves so you can but all she’s going to tell you is they’ll reach out. If it’s more than 2 weeks then yeah she may be able to do something more

• Care
She said give it 2 weeks & honestly she doesn’t know who is doing your MMI because staff reaches out themselves so you can but all she’s going to tell you is they’ll reach out. If it’s more than 2 weeks then yeah she may be able to do something more
appreciate it - holding tight :thumbup:

did you send them the update in the pdf format?? that's weird how they emailed you that right after sending you the pre-II R
i had attached it to the email she had replied to lol so idk why they didnt see i already did that

Is there any hope in reaching out to them? I don’t understand how I’m still under review when the cycle is just about over. No update- nothing. I know I frequent this thread a lot lol but I am beyond frustrated and overall defeated

• Sad
i’m in the same boat. i’ve been under review since december 7. no communication since then

• Sad
Is there any hope in reaching out to them? I don’t understand how I’m still under review when the cycle is just about over. No update- nothing. I know I frequent this thread a lot lol but I am beyond frustrated and overall defeated
I feel your frustration. I have been complete since September and it's been radio silence ever since. I can't tell you what to do, but just know you're not alone in your frustration 😭

I feel your frustration. I have been complete since September and it's been radio silence ever since. I can't tell you what to do, but just know you're not alone in your frustration 😭
send that update letter fam expressing interest, after i sent that, 7 days later i got an interview so do it if you haven't

send that update letter fam expressing interest, after i sent that, 7 days later i got an interview so do it if you haven't
I’ve sent interest letter and two update letters and they are just hardcore ignoring me loll. They did update me that I’m still under review but that’s almost as useful as no update at all

I’ve sent interest letter and two update letters and they are just hardcore ignoring me loll. They did update me that I’m still under review but that’s almost as useful as no update at all
Sameeee I’ve given up here and I was complete in august

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II rejection just now too. Oh well, at least I can move on now. I was holding out selling my house just in case I got in here lol

did you guys get an under review?

Yes, I applied Early Decision and got an under review email on the same day I submitted way back in late July. I was complete in late August and in October, I was deferred to regular decision. My LM was in the high 50s. OOS. Strong mission alignment.

(This extra info is more for anyone else who applies ED and comes across the thread in the future)

Last edited: