2023-2024 Meharry

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any idea how many students have been offered acceptances by now? I think I read online that Meharry SOM's class size is 115 but I can't find a Facebook group for the class of 2028.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how screwed am i? thought I had a solid interview today talking about how I knew a lot of people who attended mmc - sent my student interviewer a thank you message and they never responded 🙁
 
how screwed am i? thought I had a solid interview today talking about how I knew a lot of people who attended mmc - sent my student interviewer a thank you message and they never responded 🙁
You interviewed today?

Breathe. Not everyone lives and dies by their work email. It's a Saturday and they spent all day interviewing people.
 
how screwed am i? thought I had a solid interview today talking about how I knew a lot of people who attended mmc - sent my student interviewer a thank you message and they never responded 🙁
I wouldn’t worry too much about it, unless the email had a specific question or something that prompted a reply, most thank you emails are left and not responded to
 
You interviewed today?

Breathe. Not everyone lives and dies by their work email. It's a Saturday and they spent all day interviewing people.
yeah there were a panel of student interviews this morning. appreciate the thoughts - thought talking about all my strong ties to mmc would've set me apart...
 
Last edited:
yeah there were a panel of student interviews this morning. appreciate the thoughts - thought talking about all my strong ties to mmc would've set me apart...
i understand but quite honestly a lot of students have ties to mmc. student interviews are chill bro your most important in my opinion is faculty mmi then student
 
I didn't even know they accepted updates. Is it worth it to send it at this time, or is it too late? No review email and submitted secondary late August
 
So it sounds like they're still offering II? A bunch of other schools are closing for this app cycle... so maybe Meharry operates on a longer timeline?
considering a lot of us didn’t get the secondary until December despite submitting the primary well beforehand, I would hope they still are lol. if they’re not then I’d like to not keep holding on to hope 🥲
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So that everyone knows, Meharry is on probation. That never happens in a vacuum. They continue to lose professors and struggle to find replacements. If Meharry is your only option, I get it. Do what you have to. If you have other options, consider them seriously.
 
So that everyone knows, Meharry is on probation. That never happens in a vacuum. They continue to lose professors and struggle to find replacements. If Meharry is your only option, I get it. Do what you have to. If you have other options, consider them seriously.
ngl kinda sus this is your first post...i want meharry to accept me so badly, ughh

also let everyone make up their own mind, here's the outcomes link: Quick Facts - Meharry Medical College
 
how long did people wait to schedule the faculty/mmi after the student panel? getting kinda nervous haven't heard since saturday

I know this whole medical school application process is stressful but really try your best to stay calm and not tweak. I got emailed about my mmi and traditional email exactly 10 days after my student. I also emailed my student interviewer a thank you, they never responded and I still got accepted. Just be yourself and let them see your personality.