2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II, mcat 506 and I submitted my application on 7/22!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got an II last night! I submitted 7/21 :(. Hopefully, they are not reviewing in order or have different app piles for different adcoms.

Reactions: 2 users
For people who are interviewing this week... there is an "Orientation" event tomorrow (Sunday) 1:30-3:00, correct? I remember seeing it when I signed up for my interview date, but now cannot find it anywhere. Also, what is appropriate to wear? Is there any prep to be done before?

For people who are interviewing this week... there is an "Orientation" event tomorrow (Sunday) 1:30-3:00, correct? I remember seeing it when I signed up for my interview date, but now cannot find it anywhere. Also, what is appropriate to wear? Is there any prep to be done before?
The Sunday night event should just be a Q and A with current students. It’s an informal setting over Zoom. The invite to that event should be the same invite used for your interview day. The details for both are provided in the same email.

I’d wear something business casual or whatever you feel is appropriate. The only prep that I would recommend is reviewing any questions you may have for a student panel. Good luck with your interview this week!

The Sunday night event should just be a Q and A with current students. It’s an informal setting over Zoom. The invite to that event should be the same invite used for your interview day. The details for both are provided in the same email.

I’d wear something business casual or whatever you feel is appropriate. The only prep that I would recommend is reviewing any questions you may have for a student panel. Good luck with your interview this week!
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!! Yeah I see that there's a Student Q&A but its every other Sunday and there isn't one tomorrow... I swear I remember reading about a mandatory Orientation for Sunday 1:30-3:00 after scheduling my interview but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly haha

Can anyone that has interviewed share their experience? I interview 10/5 and I’m so spooked 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone that has interviewed share their experience? I interview 10/5 and I’m so spooked 😭
It was my first interview and ofc I had nerves because of that, but every part of the interview was really relaxed. Nothing to be worried about :)

When I interviewed last year I loved it! Super relaxed and conversational. Hoping for another this year after my WL last year.

Have any re-applicants received interviews yet? I know a separate sub committee looks at reapplicants only so I'm wondering if they are on the same timeline.

OOS II this evening! complete 7/23

Last edited:
My in-state self patiently waiting for an II ☹️

Reactions: 12 users
Need some advice - UNC sent me an email a few days ago saying they still hadn't received my secondary application and to turn it in by the deadline or I would be administratively withdrawn. Except I originally got the secondary pretty early on and the deadline in my invite email was August 10th - I missed that because I was busy bumblebee so I just went guess that one is an L. I replied to this September email to be like are ya'll joshing with this will you still consider me and they just said if you are interested in being considered please complete and submit the supplemental application. Is their system just messed up and they're trying to trick me out of my monies, or is it worth submitting a late September application to them. I'm also OOS which I know they're biased against but I pass their academic screeners.

I literally made an SDN account because I'm so confused by this please help.

Need some advice - UNC sent me an email a few days ago saying they still hadn't received my secondary application and to turn it in by the deadline or I would be administratively withdrawn. Except I originally got the secondary pretty early on and the deadline in my invite email was August 10th - I missed that because I was busy bumblebee so I just went guess that one is an L. I replied to this September email to be like are ya'll joshing with this will you still consider me and they just said if you are interested in being considered please complete and submit the supplemental application. Is their system just messed up and they're trying to trick me out of my monies, or is it worth submitting a late September application to them. I'm also OOS which I know they're biased against but I pass their academic screeners.

I literally made an SDN account because I'm so confused by this please help.
They are telling you they will still take it

• Love
FYI to those applying/interviewing this cycle from a current UNC MS1:
Look up the attendance policy.
⛳Those on the panel have been told to avoid revealing the attendance policy when interviewees ask.
⛳The attendance policy is extremely strict, and they make no exceptions for extenuating circumstances (disability, funerals, etc.)

Reactions: 5 users
FYI to those applying/interviewing this cycle from a current UNC MS1:
Look up the attendance policy.
⛳Those on the panel have been told to avoid revealing the attendance policy when interviewees ask.
⛳The attendance policy is extremely strict, and they make no exceptions for extenuating circumstances (disability, funerals, etc.)
Is this the policy?

reapp here too and i've heard they take longer to go through both applications to see growth.

Reactions: 1 users
reapp here too and i've heard they take longer to go through both applications to see growth.

Interesting I didn’t know that.. I just knew there was a different committee for reapplicants so process is longer

People who interviewed here, how did it go? Was it stressful, especially the MMI portion?

For anyone who has already interviewed, was the traditional portion of the interview blinded?

IS, Reapplicant II received yesterday at around 8 PM EST! Reapplicants, it's our time finally :D

Reactions: 1 users
For those of us who interviewed in September, do you know if we’ll hear back next week potentially or not until December?

For those of us who interviewed in September, do you know if we’ll hear back next week potentially or not until December?
We were told to expect a decision in the beginning of December. I doubt we’ll hear about a decision next week (although I wouldn’t mind being wrong).

Last edited:
at my interview they gave a very non answer. they said "what we have on the website is our policy, but yes, we are rolling" sooooo idk