2023-2024 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten accepted today?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What do we think odds are that I manage to get off AL if I interviewed 2/23? (Assuming I get AL instead of R in the next few weeks, definitely not expecting an outright A.)

Not sure if they rank AL or if it's first-come first-serve. If it's the latter I feel like I interviewed so late in the cycle chances are pretty slim.

What do we think odds are that I manage to get off AL if I interviewed 2/23? (Assuming I get AL instead of R in the next few weeks, definitely not expecting an outright A.)

Not sure if they rank AL or if it's first-come first-serve. If it's the latter I feel like I interviewed so late in the cycle chances are pretty slim.
Are you IS or OOS? For IS there is something like a 98.5% post II accept rate so if you’re IS you’re chillin

Are you IS or OOS? For IS there is something like a 98.5% post II accept rate so if you’re IS you’re chillin
Any idea what the chances are for OOS? My interview was very mid but I am hopeful based on previous years WL movement

Any idea what the chances are for OOS? My interview was very mid but I am hopeful based on previous years WL movement
Can’t remember off the top of my head but admit.org has that data for every school

From admit.org
1710788714638.png

1710788726835.png

1710788740640.png

Assuming similar statistics this year, nearly every OH resident will receive an A eventually. The odds for OOS are much lower, but keep in mind that OOS applicants are more likely to drop out of the AL or commit to enroll elsewhere before receiving an A.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm OOS and really hoping to get off that waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance we hear any updates from admissions for those interviewed late in February?

Are there any Facebook groups or a groupme for accepted students? Debating if I should just make one myself

Do you know how they get this data/ how accurate it is for other schools?

Most of us are on AL.....and hopefully most of us will get the acceptance call. Hang in there!

• Care
Most of us are on AL.....and hopefully most of us will get the acceptance call. Hang in there!
I am OOS too, is the data showing that OOS ppl have a 43% chance of an eventual A? Like posted before, not sure if I really trust that data fully without knowing the source?

"Most of our regular decision plan students that matriculate into the M.D. program spend a period of time on our alternate list. We truly value the journey our alternate list students take with us."

This is from their website. Can any current students share with us what we can expect?

"Most of our regular decision plan students that matriculate into the M.D. program spend a period of time on our alternate list. We truly value the journey our alternate list students take with us."

This is from their website. Can any current students share with us what we can expect?
Not a current student but am familiar with how their process usually goes. There is a lot of alternate list movement the first week or so of May after people are forced to narrow down to 1 acceptance and select "commit to enroll" via AMCAS on April 30th.

Any new updates abut A , AL or anyone came off of from AL?

Does anyone know if the AL is based on rank or by interview date?
They don't release rankings anymore, but its certainly not related to interview date, much more likely its based on stats, interview impression, ECs, etc

got a pre-II alternate list email? not sure if this is common here

Same. They said they want to keep my app til mid-June until they're absolutely certain they've filled all their seats.
Yes same here, I have never heard of this...it also passes the AMCAS Choose your medical school/choose to enroll dates so it doesn't entirely make much sense to me

Yes same here, I have never heard of this...it also passes the AMCAS Choose your medical school/choose to enroll dates so it doesn't entirely make much sense to me
I got this too, I think it's just a very kind R at this point in the cycle.

yeah, super confused by this too, especially if spots will first go to everyone on AL that's interviewed, how will spots open up for interview?

got a pre-II alternate list email? not sure if this is common here
They said to someone they have exhausted all interview invites. I dont know what this means? I am on AL post interview like almost all of us who interviewed are.

"While we have notified the majority of our candidate pool that we will not have a seat for them in our entering M.D. class later this July, we would like to delay any final decision on your application through June. Should our estimate of the available seats prove to be inaccurate we would reach out to any interested candidates in May and June as necessary to conduct additional regular decision interviews."

Last edited:
Hope this doesn't come across disrespectfully to those who got the pre-II AL email, but the fact that they're considering holding more interviews in June must be good for those of us currently on the AL? Like they seem to think they could exhaust it?

Reactions: 4 users
Hope this doesn't come across disrespectfully to those who got the pre-II AL email, but the fact that they're considering holding more interviews in June must be good for those of us currently on the AL? Like they seem to think they could exhaust it?
I'd definitely agree with this.

its kinda bizarre to think theyd exhaust the current AL and have to interview people in June. Why not just interview them now and add them to the AL?

its kinda bizarre to think theyd exhaust the current AL and have to interview people in June. Why not just interview them now and add them to the AL?
If we’re being honest I think the odds of that happening are pretty low… this is either a misguided attempt at niceness or maybe a way to try to eventually pivot people towards one of their gap year programs. Definitely an “expect the worst hope for the best” situation imo. What do I know, though?

I'd guess the admissions team decided on a set number of acceptances and AL slots at the beginning of the cycle but noticed an abnormally high number of applicants declining or committing elsewhere. I'm waitlisted at a DO school that burned through their whole waitlist last year and needed to do some last-minute interviews in June, so it's not unheard of.

Regardless, I'm delusional enough to consider this a stealth A 🤪