2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 2/28 and was told I would hear back today but still no update to my portal yet…

Members don't see this ad.

OOS A! Interviewed 3/21, first A beyond happy!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from deferred status seen movement yet? Been under deferred since Nov, just trying to see if there is still hope.

Has anyone from deferred status seen movement yet? Been under deferred since Nov, just trying to see if there is still hope.
I think a few have but odds are we’re gonna be waiting till May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything regarding merit scholarships?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if OSUCOM does drug tests for incoming med students? I don't think they mentioned anything in their acceptance offer, but I just wanted to double check

Does anyone know if OSUCOM does drug tests for incoming med students? I don't think they mentioned anything in their acceptance offer, but I just wanted to double check
They do a pee test. I’ve heard they give you a couple of months notice (to make sure you won’t have any scheduling conflicts, of course).

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
IS A!! Interviewed 03/06. I was suppose to receive my decision tomorrow but I checked my AAMC CYMS tool and OSUCOM was listed as accepted! :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
OOS A! Interviewed on 03/13, just checked the CYMS tool too!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS A!! Also interviewed 3/13 and found out through CYMS :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS A!! Interviewed 3/18 and found out through CYMS toooo!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
very grateful to have just found out about scholarship offer for half tuition, but have yet to see any full aid packages / total COA letters (yet they keep pushing us to use the CYMS tool... ). does anyone know, given this offer, is it fair to expect total cost to just be COA minus the half tuition offer (aka 60k minus 15k)? or is there any chance there would be financial aid on top of this as well (in-state applicant, low income but I don't think they really care LOL). thanks!!!

• Love
very grateful to have just found out about scholarship offer for half tuition, but have yet to see any full aid packages / total COA letters (yet they keep pushing us to use the CYMS tool... ). does anyone know, given this offer, is it fair to expect total cost to just be COA minus the half tuition offer (aka 60k minus 15k)? or is there any chance there would be financial aid on top of this as well (in-state applicant, low income but I don't think they really care LOL). thanks!!!
Did they email you?

Have scholarship notifications begun?

Does anyone know how to add a medical school if you have already submitted your fafsa? for some reason it is not allowing to add OSU

Does anyone know how to add a medical school if you have already submitted your fafsa? for some reason it is not allowing to add OSU
You will have to wait until you get the notice it has been processed then you can add more schools

You will have to wait until you get the notice it has been processed then you can add more schools
Further you have to wait till they allow corrections, which is now mid april projected..

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations!! I believe that it would be COA minus 1/2 of tuition as you said... I unfortunately don't know how OSU does need-based aid processes. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• Care
Sharing this info for transparency, and for future sdn lurkers looking for any bit of info for scholarships at OSU. I was one of two people selected to receive the "Dean's Ambassador Scholarship", which is a 100% tuition scholarship (renewable for 4 years).

I'm likely not going to matriculate here so I'm hoping this gets granted to one of you on sdn! Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Sharing this info for transparency, and for future sdn lurkers looking for any bit of info for scholarships at OSU. I was one of two people selected to receive the "Dean's Ambassador Scholarship", which is a 100% tuition scholarship (renewable for 4 years).

I'm likely not going to matriculate here so I'm hoping this gets granted to one of you on sdn! Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! Was scholarship info sent to your personal or OSU email?

Thanks!! And personal!
Last question..did you pay the $25 acceptance fee online? Some people have said you need to pay it and others have said you wait until you know for sure you will matriculate. Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

Last question..did you pay the $25 acceptance fee online? Some people have said you need to pay it and others have said you wait until you know for sure you will matriculate. Thanks again for taking the time to answer!
I definitely did not pay $25 hahah. I'm pretty sure you only have to pay that if you're going to commit there, but I don't know for sure! For context, I was accepted back in December and absolutely never paid $25

and no problem!! I'm always open to people asking questions (speaking of which, feel free to ask more if you have any!!) :)

I definitely did not pay $25 hahah. I'm pretty sure you only have to pay that if you're going to commit there, but I don't know for sure! For context, I was accepted back in December and absolutely never paid $25

and no problem!! I'm always open to people asking questions (speaking of which, feel free to ask more if you have any!!) :)
Great thank you! I haven’t paid it either so I’m glad I didn’t mess up!

Thank you for sharing!! If I may ask, were you emailed about this last week, or this week?

Congratulations (to wherever you may go) : )

Thank you for sharing!! If I may ask, were you emailed about this last week, or this week?

Congratulations (to wherever you may go) : )
I received the email this past Monday (3/22) - and thank you!!

Thanks for letting us know!

Hope we all start hearing financial aid offers soon.

Does anyone know how many may get off the deferred/waitlist? I've been on it since October and there's been no movement :(

Does anyone know how many may get off the deferred/waitlist? I've been on it since October and there's been no movement :(
1000038495.jpg

I got this from the AAMC wait-list procedure handbook. Looks like they typically have 250-300 applicants on the wait-list and accept 100 students from that pool