You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Ohio State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviewed 2/26 and same, no update yetI interviewed 2/28 and was told I would hear back today but still no update to my portal yet…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anAvacado....thanks
Full Member
Congratulations!!! When did you hear?OOS A! Interviewed 3/21, first A beyond happy!!
CYMS updated yesterday & then got a call this morningCongratulations!!! When did you hear?
aromaticcollar
New Member
2/21?OOS A! Interviewed 3/21, first A beyond happy!!
Trying_again
Full Member
Post-II R, interviewed 2/28
are they done with interviews?
ok-astronomer
New Member
Has anyone from deferred status seen movement yet? Been under deferred since Nov, just trying to see if there is still hope.
I think a few have but odds are we’re gonna be waiting till May.Has anyone from deferred status seen movement yet? Been under deferred since Nov, just trying to see if there is still hope.
D
deleted1181303
Deferred October, Accepted JanuaryHas anyone from deferred status seen movement yet? Been under deferred since Nov, just trying to see if there is still hope.
Milagros16339
Full Member
Anyone know if OSU provides feedback post interview? Been deferred for months
Anyone have an idea of where to send letters of intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My deferral turned into a waitlist a couple weeks ago but my interview was more than three months agoAnyone know if OSU provides feedback post interview? Been deferred for months
anAvacado....thanks
Full Member
Did you get an update for it? Or just that email?My deferral turned into a waitlist a couple weeks ago but my interview was more than three months ago
invaderzim24
Full Member
are you applying regular 4 year MD?My deferral turned into a waitlist a couple weeks ago but my interview was more than three months ago
4 year MD, only got the email about "your medical school journey"
Does anyone know ?are they done with interview invites?
ahahaha187
New Member
Does anyone know if OSUCOM does drug tests for incoming med students? I don't think they mentioned anything in their acceptance offer, but I just wanted to double check
They do a pee test. I’ve heard they give you a couple of months notice (to make sure you won’t have any scheduling conflicts, of course).Does anyone know if OSUCOM does drug tests for incoming med students? I don't think they mentioned anything in their acceptance offer, but I just wanted to double check
IS A!! Interviewed 03/06. I was suppose to receive my decision tomorrow but I checked my AAMC CYMS tool and OSUCOM was listed as accepted! 🙂
Last edited:
cryingpremed
Full Member
OOS A! Interviewed on 03/13, just checked the CYMS tool too!!
mj_lobster
Full Member
+1 OOS A, interviewed 03/13!!IS A!! Interviewed 03/06. I was suppose to receive my decision tomorrow but I checked my AAMC CYMS tool and OSUCOM was listed as accepted! 🙂
+1 🙂IS A!! Interviewed 03/06. I was suppose to receive my decision tomorrow but I checked my AAMC CYMS tool and OSUCOM was listed as accepted! 🙂
+1 🙂OOS A! Interviewed on 03/13, just checked the CYMS tool too!!
happyfeet16
Full Member
very grateful to have just found out about scholarship offer for half tuition, but have yet to see any full aid packages / total COA letters (yet they keep pushing us to use the CYMS tool... ). does anyone know, given this offer, is it fair to expect total cost to just be COA minus the half tuition offer (aka 60k minus 15k)? or is there any chance there would be financial aid on top of this as well (in-state applicant, low income but I don't think they really care LOL). thanks!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A for CMT!
Interview on 2/28
Interview on 2/28
Did they email you?very grateful to have just found out about scholarship offer for half tuition, but have yet to see any full aid packages / total COA letters (yet they keep pushing us to use the CYMS tool... ). does anyone know, given this offer, is it fair to expect total cost to just be COA minus the half tuition offer (aka 60k minus 15k)? or is there any chance there would be financial aid on top of this as well (in-state applicant, low income but I don't think they really care LOL). thanks!!!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Have scholarship notifications begun?very grateful to have just found out about scholarship offer for half tuition, but have yet to see any full aid packages / total COA letters (yet they keep pushing us to use the CYMS tool... ). does anyone know, given this offer, is it fair to expect total cost to just be COA minus the half tuition offer (aka 60k minus 15k)? or is there any chance there would be financial aid on top of this as well (in-state applicant, low income but I don't think they really care LOL). thanks!!!
cryingpremed
Full Member
Does anyone know how to add a medical school if you have already submitted your fafsa? for some reason it is not allowing to add OSU
You will have to wait until you get the notice it has been processed then you can add more schoolsDoes anyone know how to add a medical school if you have already submitted your fafsa? for some reason it is not allowing to add OSU
D
deleted1181303
Further you have to wait till they allow corrections, which is now mid april projected..You will have to wait until you get the notice it has been processed then you can add more schools
brevity
Full Member
Congratulations!! I believe that it would be COA minus 1/2 of tuition as you said... I unfortunately don't know how OSU does need-based aid processes. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!very grateful to have just found out about scholarship offer for half tuition, but have yet to see any full aid packages / total COA letters (yet they keep pushing us to use the CYMS tool... ). does anyone know, given this offer, is it fair to expect total cost to just be COA minus the half tuition offer (aka 60k minus 15k)? or is there any chance there would be financial aid on top of this as well (in-state applicant, low income but I don't think they really care LOL). thanks!!!
Femsco1225
New Member
A for CMT!
Interview on 2/28
Congratulations!! Did they call you or was there just an update on your portal?
Both. I got a call and then checked Vitals & CYMS to see my acceptance.Congratulations!! Did they call you or was there just an update on your portal?
Sharing this info for transparency, and for future sdn lurkers looking for any bit of info for scholarships at OSU. I was one of two people selected to receive the "Dean's Ambassador Scholarship", which is a 100% tuition scholarship (renewable for 4 years).
I'm likely not going to matriculate here so I'm hoping this gets granted to one of you on sdn! Good luck everyone!
I'm likely not going to matriculate here so I'm hoping this gets granted to one of you on sdn! Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! Was scholarship info sent to your personal or OSU email?Sharing this info for transparency, and for future sdn lurkers looking for any bit of info for scholarships at OSU. I was one of two people selected to receive the "Dean's Ambassador Scholarship", which is a 100% tuition scholarship (renewable for 4 years).
I'm likely not going to matriculate here so I'm hoping this gets granted to one of you on sdn! Good luck everyone!
Thanks!! And personal!Congratulations! Was scholarship info sent to your personal or OSU email?
Last question..did you pay the $25 acceptance fee online? Some people have said you need to pay it and others have said you wait until you know for sure you will matriculate. Thanks again for taking the time to answer!Thanks!! And personal!
I definitely did not pay $25 hahah. I'm pretty sure you only have to pay that if you're going to commit there, but I don't know for sure! For context, I was accepted back in December and absolutely never paid $25Last question..did you pay the $25 acceptance fee online? Some people have said you need to pay it and others have said you wait until you know for sure you will matriculate. Thanks again for taking the time to answer!
and no problem!! I'm always open to people asking questions (speaking of which, feel free to ask more if you have any!!) 🙂
Great thank you! I haven’t paid it either so I’m glad I didn’t mess up!I definitely did not pay $25 hahah. I'm pretty sure you only have to pay that if you're going to commit there, but I don't know for sure! For context, I was accepted back in December and absolutely never paid $25
and no problem!! I'm always open to people asking questions (speaking of which, feel free to ask more if you have any!!) 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brevity
Full Member
Thank you for sharing!! If I may ask, were you emailed about this last week, or this week?Sharing this info for transparency, and for future sdn lurkers looking for any bit of info for scholarships at OSU. I was one of two people selected to receive the "Dean's Ambassador Scholarship", which is a 100% tuition scholarship (renewable for 4 years).
I'm likely not going to matriculate here so I'm hoping this gets granted to one of you on sdn! Good luck everyone!
Congratulations (to wherever you may go) : )
I received the email this past Monday (3/22) - and thank you!!Thank you for sharing!! If I may ask, were you emailed about this last week, or this week?
Congratulations (to wherever you may go) : )
Thanks for letting us know!Sharing this info for transparency, and for future sdn lurkers looking for any bit of info for scholarships at OSU. I was one of two people selected to receive the "Dean's Ambassador Scholarship", which is a 100% tuition scholarship (renewable for 4 years).
I'm likely not going to matriculate here so I'm hoping this gets granted to one of you on sdn! Good luck everyone!
Hope we all start hearing financial aid offers soon.
saltypapaya
Full Member
Does anyone know how many may get off the deferred/waitlist? I've been on it since October and there's been no movement 🙁
Does anyone know how many may get off the deferred/waitlist? I've been on it since October and there's been no movement 🙁
I got this from the AAMC wait-list procedure handbook. Looks like they typically have 250-300 applicants on the wait-list and accept 100 students from that pool
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K