2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had my interview with OSU yesterday. Such great people and interviewers.

btw they confirmed that yesterday was the last interview day of the season.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi hopeful Buckeyes, I'm an M2 at Ohio State. When I interviewed, I got an Interview in November, got deferred in December, and didn't get off the deferred list (which after all the interviews are done turns into the waitlist) until late May. I have friends who got off the waitlist list as late as July. I know it's brutal waiting on the Deferred/waitlist, but you still have a chance, so don't lose hope. If anyone wants to ask more about being deferred or you have questions about Ohio State in general, feel free to reach out with a DM. Good Luck everyone!
It's really uplifting to hear your success story! I've been on the deferred list since October. Just wanting to know--do you know when Ohio State typically lets deferred folks know about their status? Is there any kind of ranking for the list? I'm getting a little worried because many schools start in early July, which is going to make planning difficult if I am still holding out hope for OSU. Thanks so much in advance!

Still deferred from December Interview as well.
Curious, what date is second look? Is it one day or a weekend event?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how likely it is that spots will open up for second look? I bought my plane ticket and then tried registering and it looks like the event is all booked unfortunately

If you don’t mind me asking, did you submit a letter of intent/interest?
I sent a pre-interview update letter sometime around the holidays last year, but nothing else after.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
would anyone who found out via CYMS feel comfortable sharing around what time OSU submitted that info to AMCAS?
I am also waiting for CYMS to update but i read somewhere that it happened around 11 AM

At least reject me to my face, don’t make me log in🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get their “Your Medical School Journey” email today? I’ve been deferred since 3/15 but only just got this email today

Did anyone else get their “Your Medical School Journey” email today? I’ve been deferred since 3/15 but only just got this email today
This is now the second time I've received it since being deferred in November, the first time being on 3/2.

Any accepted student hear back about financial aid packages/scholarships yet?

OOS A! **** YEA.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I've been deferred since December--OOS A via CYMS, hoping it is not a system glitch!--Also, Vitals still says deferred.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Vitals updated at all??
Vitals hasn't seemed to change. Gosh I hope I don't get bamboozled. They did say in the email after the interview that decisions come out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nothing in CYMS here, I assume that means a rejection tomorrow?

Vitals hasn't seemed to change. Gosh I hope I don't get bamboozled. They did say in the email after the interview that decisions come out tomorrow.
So far, no one on this thread reported a "false" decision via CYMS --so I'm rooting for us.

+1 A on CYMS. ain't no way they cookin us with a false acceptance... i'd sue :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It’s real!! Vitals page updated! Finally accepted after being deferred for 6 months😭

Just got the call at 11:45 EST!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Vitals also updated, I checked at 5:30am EST; For future applicants lurking around for data: I submitted my secondary around early August; I interviewed December 2023; Deferred about two weeks post-interview; CYMS updated to accepted 4/2 at 5pm EST, Vitals page updated from deferred to accepted next morning 4/3 (I checked at 5:30am EST)

Edit-phone call came-in around 11am EST

Last edited:
CYMS updated to accepted at 4:45pm EST on 4/2, Vitals paged updated from deferred to accepted today 4/3 (checked around 10am EST). Have not received a phone call or formal email from OSU, however. Interviewed mid-November, deferred early December, OOS applicant.

Edit: Just received my acceptance call (missed it to voicemail) at 11:40am EST!

Last edited:
has anyone gotten off the waitlist for second look registration?

CYMS updated to accepted at 4:45pm EST on 4/2, Vitals paged updated from deferred to accepted today 4/3 (checked around 10am EST). Have not received a phone call or formal email from OSU, however. Interviewed mid-November, deferred early December, OOS applicant.

Edit: Just received my acceptance call (missed it to voicemail) at 11:40am EST!
Love seeing my deferred peps wining-- the wait was brutal! I also been deferred since December