You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Ohio State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
saltypapaya
Full Member
It's really uplifting to hear your success story! I've been on the deferred list since October. Just wanting to know--do you know when Ohio State typically lets deferred folks know about their status? Is there any kind of ranking for the list? I'm getting a little worried because many schools start in early July, which is going to make planning difficult if I am still holding out hope for OSU. Thanks so much in advance!Hi hopeful Buckeyes, I'm an M2 at Ohio State. When I interviewed, I got an Interview in November, got deferred in December, and didn't get off the deferred list (which after all the interviews are done turns into the waitlist) until late May. I have friends who got off the waitlist list as late as July. I know it's brutal waiting on the Deferred/waitlist, but you still have a chance, so don't lose hope. If anyone wants to ask more about being deferred or you have questions about Ohio State in general, feel free to reach out with a DM. Good Luck everyone!
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
Still deferred from December Interview as well.
Curious, what date is second look? Is it one day or a weekend event?
Curious, what date is second look? Is it one day or a weekend event?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Femsco1225
New Member
Both. I got a call and then checked Vitals & CYMS to see my acceptance.
If you don’t mind me asking, did you submit a letter of intent/interest?
It's currently set for 4/12 and it's a one day eventStill deferred from December Interview as well.
Curious, what date is second look? Is it one day or a weekend event?
I sent a pre-interview update letter sometime around the holidays last year, but nothing else after.If you don’t mind me asking, did you submit a letter of intent/interest?
OOS Pre-II R just now
one_masterpiece
Full Member
PRE-II R, OOS, applied CMT, completed early aug
stinkygoose00
Full Member
pre ii r oos
OOS pre-II R around an hour ago
bloopbeepbloop45
Full Member
would anyone who found out via CYMS feel comfortable sharing around what time OSU submitted that info to AMCAS?CYMS updated yesterday & then got a call this morning
I am also waiting for CYMS to update but i read somewhere that it happened around 11 AMwould anyone who found out via CYMS feel comfortable sharing around what time OSU submitted that info to AMCAS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mine updated sometime in the eveningwould anyone who found out via CYMS feel comfortable sharing around what time OSU submitted that info to AMCAS?
Mine updated around 2:30pmwould anyone who found out via CYMS feel comfortable sharing around what time OSU submitted that info to AMCAS?
Pre-II R around 8am
aromaticcollar
New Member
Anyone see anything on CYMS?
nada. maybe tonight?Anyone see anything on CYMS?
Nope, refreshing compulsivelyAnyone see anything on CYMS?
bloopbeepbloop45
Full Member
i'm so nervous :/Anyone see anything on CYMS?
This is now the second time I've received it since being deferred in November, the first time being on 3/2.Did anyone else get their “Your Medical School Journey” email today? I’ve been deferred since 3/15 but only just got this email today
bloopbeepbloop45
Full Member
IS A!! SO excited 🙂 found out thru CYMS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
I've been deferred since December--OOS A via CYMS, hoping it is not a system glitch!--Also, Vitals still says deferred.
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
Vitals updated at all??OOS A! **** YEA.
Vitals hasn't seemed to change. Gosh I hope I don't get bamboozled. They did say in the email after the interview that decisions come out tomorrow.Vitals updated at all??
Last edited:
aromaticcollar
New Member
me too!!IS A!! SO excited 🙂 found out thru CYMS
Nothing in CYMS here, I assume that means a rejection tomorrow?
bloopbeepbloop45
Full Member
hopefully vitals will be updated tomorrow. congrats!!I've been deferred since December--OOS A via CYMS, hoping it is not a system glitch!--Also, Vitals still says deferred.
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
Thanks!hopefully vitals will be updated tomorrow. congrats!!
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
So far, no one on this thread reported a "false" decision via CYMS --so I'm rooting for us.Vitals hasn't seemed to change. Gosh I hope I don't get bamboozled. They did say in the email after the interview that decisions come out tomorrow.
bluelion27
Full Member
+1 A on CYMS. ain't no way they cookin us with a false acceptance... i'd sue 🤣
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
Took my screenshot!+1 A on CYMS. ain't no way they cookin us with a false acceptance... i'd sue 🤣
shhmy
New Member
Me too!!!!! So excitedI've been deferred since December--OOS A via CYMS, hoping it is not a system glitch!--Also, Vitals still says deferred.
IS Deferred
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
Vitals also updated, I checked at 5:30am EST; For future applicants lurking around for data: I submitted my secondary around early August; I interviewed December 2023; Deferred about two weeks post-interview; CYMS updated to accepted 4/2 at 5pm EST, Vitals page updated from deferred to accepted next morning 4/3 (I checked at 5:30am EST)
Edit-phone call came-in around 11am EST
Edit-phone call came-in around 11am EST
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 interviewed 3/25IS Deferred
CYMS updated to accepted at 4:45pm EST on 4/2, Vitals paged updated from deferred to accepted today 4/3 (checked around 10am EST). Have not received a phone call or formal email from OSU, however. Interviewed mid-November, deferred early December, OOS applicant.
Edit: Just received my acceptance call (missed it to voicemail) at 11:40am EST!
Edit: Just received my acceptance call (missed it to voicemail) at 11:40am EST!
Last edited:
Lifelybriefly
Full Member
Love seeing my deferred peps wining-- the wait was brutal! I also been deferred since DecemberCYMS updated to accepted at 4:45pm EST on 4/2, Vitals paged updated from deferred to accepted today 4/3 (checked around 10am EST). Have not received a phone call or formal email from OSU, however. Interviewed mid-November, deferred early December, OOS applicant.
Edit: Just received my acceptance call (missed it to voicemail) at 11:40am EST!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 969
- Views
- 218K