2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it fair to say that since some people withdraw from the waitlist, the actual acceptance rate from wl is higher than 201/600?
 
Last edited:
Is it fair to say that since some people withdraw from the waitlist, the actual acceptance rate from wl is higher than 201/600?

The scenario you mention may mean rank 211 has a chance of getting A if 10 people in front drops from WL before converting to A. Regardless, total number of A offered was 201 out of 600.
 
Last edited:
I just got accepted off the WL yesterday, 3/18. I interviewed 2/2 and got on the WL 2/22. Seems to be moving fast!
Congrats! What time of the day did you get the notification and are you planning on acceptig? (if you don't mind me asking)
 
Why does it seem like they are implying that a campus visit would increase your chances of getting off the WL. I already did one before decisions came out and it sure didn't help.
 
Why does it seem like they are implying that a campus visit would increase your chances of getting off the WL. I already did one before decisions came out and it sure didn't help.
"Whether you choose to visit in person, attend a Zoom Q & A Session, or not touch base at all has no bearing on your alternate list status. We simply want to provide you with the information you may need to make an informed decision if and when the acceptance opportunity will arise."
 
Why does it seem like they are implying that a campus visit would increase your chances of getting off the WL. I already did one before decisions came out and it sure didn't help.
honestly i dont trust what anyone on admissions says anymore, but again I feel like showing face either in person or on the virtual Q&A sessions can't hurt and if anything will give more info on the process.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on MSAR they say they accepted 201/600 for people that matriculated in '22. As of right now, I don't know how many people are on the waitlist
Can you clarify this? Did they accept 600 and their class is 201?
 
Can you clarify this? Did they accept 600 and their class is 201?
No class size is about 180. What that means is that they placed 600 people on the waitlist and accepted about 200 on the waitlist. Now because that is greater than the class size of 180, I cannot comment. This is just what MSAR (AAMC school data) reports.
 
No class size is about 180. What that means is that they placed 600 people on the waitlist and accepted about 200 on the waitlist. Now because that is greater than the class size of 180, I cannot comment. This is just what MSAR (AAMC school data) reports.
Not everyone they accept from the waitlist matriculates.
 
The MSAR update says "Approximately 600 regular decision plan candidates start with alternate list status as their initial acceptance decision.." That sounds like most reg applicants are put on WL. Its like another round of decisions lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't receive that email (cry). They must have left me out.

Maybe it’s a good thing. Half of that email was about early assurance master’s for next year.[emoji854]

But maybe it’s worth reaching out to confirm you are still on AL. Maybe a glitch happened because it sounds like every AL should get it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got accepted off the waitlist today in a phone call around 3!!
did you receive an email as well? I am abroad without phone access but am checking my email diligently and assumed this would be sufficient as per instructions in the initial Waitlist email. Thank you.
 
Last edited:
did you receive an email as well? I am abroad without phone access but am checking my email diligently and assumed this would be sufficient as per instructions in the initial Waitlist email. Thank you.
They told me during the phone call to lookout for the acceptance email that they would send shortly after the call, which I received. I would imagine if they couldn't reach your phone they would leave a message and send the email to you.