2023-2024 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was deferred then too but I don't have the cyms link on my AMCAS form - I just assumed it was cause I haven't been accepted anywhere yet
At most schools “deferred” means they have not made a decision on you yet, and it’s not the same as a WL.
Also WL spots won’t show up on the CYMS tool until / unless you hold one or more acceptances

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone seen a change in their cyms status? i saw on last years thread some peoples would change the day before a decision day

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything for the PCT track yet post-II? I know they said sometime this week or next week

although i am aware of their formal policy abt no pre ii updates, did anyone send one anyway and if so what was their response LOL i am just tryna see if it’s the move

Last edited:
IS A call bright and early this morning !! 🥰🥳 so grateful, such a happy way to start the day 🥰

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten an acceptance for the CMT track yet or know when decisions will be released?

Has anyone gotten an acceptance for the CMT track yet or know when decisions will be released?
Wondering the same thing, got deferred this morning. They said on my interview day to expect a deferral as the admissions committee is being very cautious to not over-accept this initial CMT class. No idea if anyone else has been accepted or if anyone knows when they might be.

Wondering the same thing, got deferred this morning. They said on my interview day to expect a deferral as the admissions committee is being very cautious to not over-accept this initial CMT class. No idea if anyone else has been accepted or if anyone knows when they might be.

Did you get an email about your deferral?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS CMT A this morning! Deferred in December, and I expected to ride this WL to the end.

Reactions: 3 users
I really wish they would think about NOT sending that nice little thank you note and welcome booklet if they were just going to leave someone deferred for over four months now. my anxiety can't handle any more waiting and every time I see the thank you note I get sad lol

Reactions: 5 users
When sending letters of intent, do we cc Julie Brim or just send to admissions only

Pretty devastated, post II Rejection for CMT. Dream school…

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
are decisions generally released 2 weeks (or on a set date) after the interview or do they go out pretty randomly?

the heart attack I just had after reading the congratulations in that medical school journey email explaining the deferred thing - why they gotta play so many gamess

Reactions: 2 users
Does the deferral email mean they won’t accept students off the list anymore until May? I’m confused

So is deferred the same thing as a waitlist??
“Applicants who are "deferred" remain in consideration for all subsequent Admissions Committee meetings until April. The deferred list becomes a wait list after April 30. All deferred candidates remain active until orientation.” -Ohio state medical school website

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if they are still sending out ii or is it game over for me?

Reactions: 4 users
is there anything to do to hold your spot except email the technical standards form once admitted at this time? I see the $25 after CTE but confused if I have to do anything else

Any interview tips? Im really nervous about this interview, I would really appreciate any help!

Has any accepted student received a scholarship offer yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if they send confirmation emails after you email an update letter or LOI?

Withdrew II, Hopefully one of you waiting to hear back gets it!

Reactions: 4 users
Praying to get the invite from here

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Ohio State in the past has ghosted applicants? Despite seeing that someone received a 3/8 II, I am not anticipating that I will receive one given where we are in the cycle.

Does anyone know if Ohio State in the past has ghosted applicants? Despite seeing that someone received a 3/8 II, I am not anticipating that I will receive one given where we are in the cycle.
Looking at last year's thread, pre-II Rs went out at the end of March. I was not expecting to get an interview this late in the season at all

Has anyone seen a change in the CYMS tool before hearing a decision from OSU?

Congrats! When you scheduled your interview did you see if there were more spots?
Thanks! I didn't have an option to choose or see if there were other spots. They just gave me a date near the end of March so I assume they will be interviewing at least for the next couple of weeks.

I hope you hear good news soon! What day did they tell you to expect this initial decision? I interviewed 3/6 and was told I’d hear back 3/27 so your decision seems soon in comparison
I was told by March 15th, which was surprising. My portal updated this morning. I believe OSUCOM is on break next week so I guess they wanted to get the decision in before then. Hoping good news for you as well!