2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone think they’re going to send out more interviews? I can’t tell if they just started sending them or not. I’m a little apprehensive that my stats are holding me back from receiving an interview (3.3 gpa, 3.1 sGPA, 503 MCAT)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone think they’re going to send out more interviews? I can’t tell if they just started sending them or not. I’m a little apprehensive that my stats are holding me back from receiving an interview (3.3 gpa, 3.1 sGPA, 503 MCAT)
It is still very early in the application cycle and PCOM will continue to send them out. I believe that they were sending them out up until June last application cycle. Just for a reference, a lot of my friends here had received their IIs later on in the cycle and were able to be offered a seat in the class. For me personally, I received my II around this time last year and got accepted in January. All in all, they are most definitely sending out more IIs.

Anyone thinks it's too late by now to send an app for PCOM-PA? I am a OOS applicant but in the northeast with LM 71 (4.0/510). Was focusing on my MD secondaries which caused me to seriously get backed up on my DO apps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone thinks it's too late by now to send an app for PCOM-PA? I am a OOS applicant but in the northeast with LM 71 (4.0/510). Was focusing on my MD secondaries which caused me to seriously get backed up on my DO apps.
I'm going to submit my secondary today and my LM is way below yours! I had the same problem of getting backed up with secondaries. I don't know if it's too late, but I figured I would submit and let them reject me rather than reject myself by not submitting haha

I'm going to submit my secondary today and my LM is way below yours! I had the same problem of getting backed up with secondaries. I don't know if it's too late, but I figured I would submit and let them reject me rather than reject myself by not submitting haha
Solid mindset and I hope you kill this app cycle!

I'm OOS (nowhere near PA) and applied in November and was accepted. LM 70 (low GPA/high MCAT). Give it a shot!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm OOS (nowhere near PA) and applied in November and was accepted. LM 70 (low GPA/high MCAT). Give it a shot!
That’s very encouraging! When did you get II and the A if you don’t mind sharing?

Right there with you, my stats are around the same as yours and just hanging in there. This waiting game, sighh

Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets? I know this is a very specific question lol

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take for you guys to get secondaries after submitting the primary for PCOM Philly?

Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS rn! Complete 6/24.

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody OOS that submitted secondary in early July heard anything back yet? Also, it seems like they're inviting high mcat people to interview first so has anybody OOS with a low to mid 500s mcat heard anything back?

Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets? I know this is a very specific question lol
I interviewed a couple of weeks ago, and they told us they meet weekly. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody OOS that submitted secondary in early July heard anything back yet? Also, it seems like they're inviting high mcat people to interview first so has anybody OOS with a low to mid 500s mcat heard anything back?
I submitted my secondary at the beginning of August and received my II mid/late September. I have a 512, but my undergrad school has strong ties with PCOM, so I think that helped me. When I interviewed, I got the impression that they were still very early in the process. I know the waiting is painful, but this cycle has months left, and I am sure you will get that II soon!!

Thanks PCOM for that heart attack regarding your suite of videos 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
PCOM scaring me with the (non-II) email this morning

Reactions: 10 users
I just wish they would send more interviews . I can’t tell if they are about to send more or if my application is just on hold

I just wish they would send more interviews . I can’t tell if they are about to send more or if my application is just on hold
I feel the same way. I wish the portal updated us if we were put on hold.

Hi everyone, my name is Brianna Hector. I am the Class Chair for the DO Class of 2026 at PCOM Philly. Good luck this year. Our amazing ambassadors and student representatives will distribute the official Discord, GroupMe, and Facebook links soon. Congrats to everyone who has received an interview invite and or acceptance so far. If you have any questions don't forget you can email the admissions department at [email protected] or our ambassadors here at [email protected]

Reactions: 6 users
Is PCOM usually this slow with this process? I submitted my secondary in early July and haven't heard a thing. PCOM is probably my top choice so I'm really hoping for the II.

Is PCOM usually this slow with this process? I submitted my secondary in early July and haven't heard a thing. PCOM is probably my top choice so I'm really hoping for the II.
PCOM sends out IIs all throughout the cycle, even up to as late as April based off of the last application cycle. Some of my friends here received an II and acceptance in the later portion of the cycle, so the hopes of getting an II is still very realistic. Hopefully you hear good news soon, and let me know if you have any questions regarding PCOM!

Hi, can someone tell me if this is a panel interview and if so, how many people are interviewing you? Thanks

PCOM sends out IIs all throughout the cycle, even up to as late as April based off of the last application cycle. Some of my friends here received an II and acceptance in the later portion of the cycle, so the hopes of getting an II is still very realistic. Hopefully you hear good news soon, and let me know if you have any questions regarding PCOM!
Thanks! I got an A to my 2nd choice and my non-refundable deposit is due by 12/15 so I'm really hoping that I get a response from PCOM before then so I don't lose money putting in a second deposit.

Hi, can someone tell me if this is a panel interview and if so, how many people are interviewing you? Thanks
i had 2 people interviewing me. a third person was there but i was told they were “shadowing.”

The interviews here are a blind, panel interview where 2-4 people can interview you. This can include clinicians, faculty, and students. You will not be told prior to the interview about who exactly will be interviewing you though

For people who have already gotten A, do we accept the offer of admission on the portal? It's non-binding right? sorry this is neurotic but just wanna make sure lol

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

OOS II just now!!! Submitted 6/29 and LM 73; Big Fan of Rocky, as my profile suggests so very excited about this opportunity. Would not be alive if not for the franchise so I am extremely happy if I can live in Philly

Reactions: 6 users
Anybody else been stuck at 4 progress bars on the application portal for months?

Reactions: 19 users