2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now. For those who interviewed how was the in person interview? How was online? Idk what to choose

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. For those who interviewed how was the in person interview? How was online? Idk what to choose
the benefit of the in person interview is you will get a campus tour, so you can actually see the school and ask the student tour guides questions. not sure how they do that for the online interview. the downside of the in person interview is that you might be scheduled later in the afternoon, and you will just have to wait to interview. we finished the tour around 1pm and some people didn’t have an interview until maybe 3:30/4. they did provide some snacks and drinks

Members don't see this ad :)
the benefit of the in person interview is you will get a campus tour, so you can actually see the school and ask the student tour guides questions. not sure how they do that for the online interview. the downside of the in person interview is that you might be scheduled later in the afternoon, and you will just have to wait to interview. we finished the tour around 1pm and some people didn’t have an interview until maybe 3:30/4. they did provide some snacks and drinks

I’m from VT so it’s a little far but maybe a good opportunity and it’s two weeks sooner than the online offered currently… (both in Jan)

And @StretcherPusher826 late July!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m from VT so it’s a little far but maybe a good opportunity and it’s two weeks sooner than the online offered currently… (both in Jan)

hm personally i would do online if i were coming from VT. the actual interview day only consists of 1.5 hours of activity: 1 hour for the tour and 30 mins for the interview. but you know what’s best for you!

Asking for a friend:
What would be considered a late interview from PCOM? Would the end of January be a late interview?
Also, they have an option for in-person vs virtual. They live 3ish hours away and have class on the day of in-person. Would taking the virtual option potentially penalize them?

Last edited:
If we interviewed on 10/27, should we expect a decision by tomorrow or next week?

If we interviewed on 10/27, should we expect a decision by tomorrow or next week?
If it's like last year, you can expect a decision on the business day after your online portal hits seven bars.

I mentioned this before but last year my decision took almost seven weeks. There were folks who interviewed the same day as me and heard back sooner. It's variable. I was accepted, so don't take a long wait as a bad sign.

If it's like last year, you can expect a decision on the business day after your online portal hits seven bars.

I mentioned this before but last year my decision took almost seven weeks. There were folks who interviewed the same day as me and heard back sooner. It's variable. I was accepted, so don't take a long wait as a bad sign.
Thanks bro and sorry if I annoyed you with the repeated question

hm personally i would do online if i were coming from VT. the actual interview day only consists of 1.5 hours of activity: 1 hour for the tour and 30 mins for the interview. but you know what’s best for you!

I committed to the bit haha. What’s the latest interview time do you think? Planning transportation

My friend also got a II! I heard that if you were offered the option that it shouldn’t hinder you unless you want on earlier (from a student). I’m just wondering if someone is 3ish hours away if they should take the online or virtual. They offered in person for Jan 17 and virtual Jan 26 so there wasn’t a huge difference.. at least I think rip

My friend also got a II! I heard that if you were offered the option that it shouldn’t hinder you unless you want on earlier (from a student). I’m just wondering if someone is 3ish hours away if they should take the online or virtual. They offered in person for Jan 17 and virtual Jan 26 so there wasn’t a huge difference.. at least I think rip
I think being there, in-person, is worth a reasonable drive. My interview day was in-person, and the tour was excellent. You get exposed to the nuances of the campus and student body. Plus, if you interview well, you could (potentially) be more memorable - by the nature of being there physically as opposed to a computer screen. Just my two cents

Members don't see this ad :)
The number of “campus tour” emails I receive from PCOM is crazy. It scares me bad every single time 😭

Hit 7 bars today, interviewed 11/15. I hope I found out today or tomorrow because now I am nervous lol.

Hit 7 bars today, interviewed 11/15. I hope I found out today or tomorrow because now I am nervous lol.
I hit seven bars the same day (Friday) too, but my interview was back on 10/18 haha. I think we’ll have to wait til Monday for the decision.

Just got the A!!! Rocky would be proud

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Hey Everyone. I got an email today about needing to pay 75$ but I already paid the 55$ in AACOMAS. Is the 75$ a separate fee ?

Congrats to everyone who got the A today!!! Be sure to celebrate in any way you can for this wonderful accomplishment!

To those who are still at 4 bars, I would say it is not the time to be worried if you will get an II or not. Some of my classmates got an II later on in the cycle and PCOM usually keeps the II train rolling until around April-May. There is still time to hear back from here, and I wish you all the best!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats to everyone who got the A today!!! Be sure to celebrate in any way you can for this wonderful accomplishment!

To those who are still at 4 bars, I would say it is not the time to be worried if you will get an II or not. Some of my classmates got an II later on in the cycle and PCOM usually keeps the II train rolling until around April-May. There is still time to hear back from here, and I wish you all the best!
Such a nice message ! thank you

Reactions: 2 users
Does PCOM accept update letters? I submitted in July and haven't heard anything back, i want to update with a job and volunteering.

Does PCOM accept update letters? I submitted in July and haven't heard anything back, i want to update with a job and volunteering.
hi If you go to the portal, on the top it should say "Your application materials." When you scroll to the bottom there should be a spot where you can upload updates

Withdrew my acceptance today. Hopefully it can go to one of you all.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A today. I hope it goes to one of you guys, I'm just sticking closer to home

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
How soon after 6 bars did someone get a decision????? Currently at 6 bars
It depends on when your interview was, but it usually takes around 4-6 weeks to get a decision (of course there are times that a decision can be given earlier or later than the projected time frame). If your interview was done fairly recently, then it might take a while because of the holidays (this happened to me when I was waiting for a decision). If your interview was done a couple of weeks ago, then there is a chance that you will get a decision soon. Best of luck!!!

10/03 complete date checking in with the 4 bar gang, anybody received an II with a similar completion date? hoping they come out swinging after the new year

7/26 completion, 4 bars too, hoping for something soon, this is my top DO pick!!
10/03 complete date checking in with the 4 bar gang, anybody received an II with a similar completion date? hoping they come out swinging after the new year

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any guesses when the next wave of II's is coming out?

Reactions: 6 users
Placed on the waitlist, interviewed on 11/20.

How does this school deal with WLs usually?
WL movement typically happens later into the cycle and goes up until a few weeks before classes start. I was WL last year and didn’t receive my A until July a month before classes started. It’s a agonizing wait but don’t lose hope at this point as there will be plenty of movement.