2023-2024 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II received just now (10/17)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 Continued Consideration, a little sad but it's not over yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any idea of what the odds are of getting an A after continued consideration?

Does anyone have any idea of what the odds are of getting an A after continued consideration?
Their system in the past was that at every committee meeting they discussed ALL those who have interviewed up to then.
After the meeting they notified everyone who was discussed of their status: Either Accepted, Rejected, or Continued Consideration.
Some peeps got CC notices many times over the months.

@SOM Admissions We would love it if you and your small and mighty team could make a short post on here to review the procedures for this year & also tell applicants whether or not Letters of Intent are accepted?
It will save you so much time and so many phone calls!
Thank you :=|:-):

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning students and advisors,

In compliance with AAMC Traffic policies, we were thrilled to send our first round of admits this past Monday.

Starting today, we will continue our regular cadence of sending admits, releases, and continued consideration e-mails. This will continue every other Friday until March, with some scheduled time off during the winter break.

Lastly, we are taking updates from interviewed candidates only. These should be sent to [email protected].

We are still screening and continuing to send interview invites, this will continue through February.

We wish each of you the best on your journey into medicine this cycle.

-Burnett School of Medicine at TCU Admission Team

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Did y'all get an email invitation to the secondaries or is there some portal I am supposed to check? I just received an email today reminding me that the deadline for this school's secondaries is coming up but that's the first email I have ever received from them, I never got a secondary invite even though I appear to qualify (checked spam and everything).

Just want to confirm that there wasn't somewhere I am supposed to check before I reach out to them. Anyone else come across this issue?

Did y'all get an email invitation to the secondaries or is there some portal I am supposed to check? I just received an email today reminding me that the deadline for this school's secondaries is coming up but that's the first email I have ever received from them, I never got a secondary invite even though I appear to qualify (checked spam and everything).

Just want to confirm that there wasn't somewhere I am supposed to check before I reach out to them. Anyone else come across this issue?
email their admissions office [email protected] and say you would like to submit a secondary but haven't received a link (or just reply to their email if it allows)

Just got the A email today!!! Interviewed 9/25. I'm so excited I really love this school!

Reactions: 5 users
IS A email today!! Super excited because TCU was one of my top choices

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A email!! OOS and also interviewed 9/25
So excited!!

Hi all! So to clarify, for all the prereqs, you must have received a grade of a B or higher, or you must indicate that you will retake the courses before matriculation? Is this including genchem and ochem, or is it just for the physiology, genome, and biochem courses? Thank you!

Hi all! So to clarify, for all the prereqs, you must have received a grade of a B or higher, or you must indicate that you will retake the courses before matriculation? Is this including genchem and ochem, or is it just for the physiology, genome, and biochem courses? Thank you!
Please read all the details about prereqs here including which ones you need a B or better in How to Prepare a Competitive Application | Burnett School of Medicine at TCU | Fort Worth, Texas

Has anyone received any interviews this week? (Specifically international students?)

Submitted my secondary today, kind of low stats for this school but I meet all the pre-reqs so staying hopeful!

Reactions: 2 users
For those that have interviewed here, how did your Kira MMI go? I know it’s a newer platform so I’m curious how it went for y’all :)

Received A call!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I was going to say they've been pretty quiet 2 weeks in a row.

Does anyone know how and when you are able to officially accept the offer/commit & submit a deposit?

If we are under continued consideration but did not hear anything by call or email this Friday. Is it safe to assume we are still under continued consideration status or is it a soft rejection ?

Does anyone know how and when you are able to officially accept the offer/commit & submit a deposit?
Are there details in your offer email?
I believe you will also use the CYMS tool on AMCAS, the last half of February you can mark one school as the one you plan to attend, and later in April commit to attend

Are there details in your offer email?
I believe you will also use the CYMS tool on AMCAS, the last half of February you can mark one school as the one you plan to attend, and later in April commit to attend
It just says that accepting the offer right now holds the seat and that you do not have to commit to enrolling until June 1. However, it doesn't say the earliest date you can commit to enrolling or how to pay a deposit. Thank you for the response though! I will try calling them next week.

It just says that accepting the offer right now holds the seat and that you do not have to commit to enrolling until June 1. However, it doesn't say the earliest date you can commit to enrolling or how to pay a deposit. Thank you for the response though! I will try calling them next week.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they don't have a deposit. At least, according to MSAR they don't require one: Mec-Msar-rw (might need a subscription to access it) but let me know what they tell you I was also wondering this!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they don't have a deposit. At least, according to MSAR they don't require one: Mec-Msar-rw (might need a subscription to access it) but let me know what they tell you I was also wondering this!
I did not have to pay a deposit to accept my A

Good afternoon,

Decisions (admit, release, and continued consideration) from our most recent committee meeting will be e-mailed on Monday, November 6th.

Admits will be able to “accept offer” or “decline offer” in their application portal. In February, the AAMC Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool will be available for Plan to Enroll (PTE). Our PTE deadline is April 30th. Within CYMS, our Commit to Enroll (CTE) deadline will be June 1, 2024. We do not have a deposit to hold your spot.

We have one interview date in December unfilled and will be sending invites at the end of the week.

As always, we wish you all the best on your journey into medicine.

-Burnett School of Medicine, Office of Admission

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Oof got the rejection today. It was a good run y'all.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Good afternoon,

Decisions (admit, release, and continued consideration) from our most recent committee meeting will be e-mailed on Monday, November 6th.

Admits will be able to “accept offer” or “decline offer” in their application portal. In February, the AAMC Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool will be available for Plan to Enroll (PTE). Our PTE deadline is April 30th. Within CYMS, our Commit to Enroll (CTE) deadline will be June 1, 2024. We do not have a deposit to hold your spot.

We have one interview date in December unfilled and will be sending invites at the end of the week.

As always, we wish you all the best on your journey into medicine.

-Burnett School of Medicine, Office of Admission
does this email mean this is the last round of II for TCU for this cycle? Or is it just for December and there might be II for early 2024 to come soon after....

does this email mean this is the last round of II for TCU for this cycle? Or is it just for December and there might be II for early 2024 to come soon after....

“We are still screening and continuing to send interview invites, this will continue through February.”

Quote from a previous TCU SOM Admissions account post.