2023-2024 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
another sad thursday with no news :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
another sad thursday with no news :(
I'm curious to know if ppl who interviewed today asked when they can expect to hear back. I just wish we had a ballpark of when we'll hear back 😓

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dean Arias said in our interview yesterday the first calls would be today or next Thursday! She didn't really clarify when we would hear, just that they discussed on Tuesdays and then calls on Thursdays.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Do you think IIs are still going out? No IIs beyond this time really showed for cycletrack last year :(

Reactions: 1 users
Guys ALL schools are still sending IIs. December is when some stop.

Reactions: 9 users
Guys ALL schools are still sending IIs. December is when some stop.
This. Some stop December, most stop January or later. Keck’s website says they stop in February. Their deadline to SUBMIT the secondary isn’t even here yet.

Cycletrack represents a really small pool of applicants each year who tend to skew early in the first place. There are schools with no data past like October that send IIs into the winter.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know if the student Q&A is casual? I’m going to be at work so I won’t be dressed particularly nice or anything

manifesting that we hear back tomorrow 🫶🏼

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just received an acceptance call from Dean Arias!! Interviewed on 9/26

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
SCREAMING CRYING!!!! I GOT MY A!!!!🩷

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call. A!!!! Letss gooo!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
A call at around 1:30est today!! Interviewed 9/26

Last edited:
  • Love
Anyone else who interviewed 9/26 get no call yet? Should we just assume waitlist or rejection?

Congrats to everyone who got the A! Has anyone from November interviews received the call?

Accepted!!!! Got the call earlier! The wait was very long but totally worth it!! Dr. Arias is too sweet! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!😁

Edit: interview 9/29

Last edited:
  • Love
When did she say we should send letters of intent? Asking for a friend 🫣 who interviewed on 9/29 LMAO

Reactions: 2 users
When did she say we should send letters of intent? Asking for a friend 🫣 who interviewed on 9/29 LMAO
she said after April 30th if you are waitlisted. (MSAR has more details). I know it was stressed strongly during the interviews that they do not accept any updates, so I would just follow what is on MSAR/ the website/portal to avoid doing anything they advise against

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I got the call from Dr. Arias. I DIDNT THINK MY INTERVIEW WENT WELL :lol::lol::lol::lol: Interviewed 10/6

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone made a students accepted group? If so lmk!

Reactions: 4 users
Nothing for me today:cryi: interviewed 10/3. Does this mean waitlist/rejection?

• Care
you guys read into this stuff way too much
absolutely, can't argue with that. Only thing is that the med school application process is so random, competitive, and sometimes unfair which causes premed to be neurotic.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Same here, but interviewed 9/26. From last years thread, it appears that the waitlist email will be sent tomorrow. Unfortunate, but it’s looking like a waitlist/rejection for the ppl who interviewed early (Sep/Oct) and didn’t here back today

Same here, but interviewed 9/26. From last years thread, it appears that the waitlist email will be sent tomorrow. Unfortunate, but it’s looking like a waitlist/rejection for the ppl who interviewed early (Sep/Oct) and didn’t here back today
Saw that too in last year's thread. But I also saw people who interviewed on the same day receiving calls on different days so.. idk, just hoping for the best for all of us

Saw that too in last year's thread. But I also saw people who interviewed on the same day receiving calls on different days so.. idk, just hoping for the best for all of us

Thanks for sharing that, that gives me more hope now. Fingers crossed

Does anyone know if USC accepts letter's of intent pre-interview?

Does anyone know if USC accepts letter's of intent pre-interview?

USC doesn’t accept any updates or letters or even thank you notes unless you end up on the waitlist, then you can send a letter of intent.

absolutely, can't argue with that. Only thing is that the med school application process is so random, competitive, and sometimes unfair which causes premed to be neurotic.
I don't blame any applicant. I blame the system. Totally agreed.