2023-2024 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how Long feels about sending pre-interview update letters? And where would I send one to?

Members don't see this ad.

Got the prematch call yesterday! Could not be more excited, this was my top choice!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
how far out are interviews scheduled for those with recent II?

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II just now! Can't believe they finally noticed me 🥹

Secondary submitted in early June
Edit: literally no secondary, ignore my nonsense lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Would any current students here be willing to answer some questions I have about the school?

Reactions: 1 user
Would any current students here be willing to answer some questions I have about the school?

Happy to answer! I'm an MS4 and also an interviewer.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission to Long/University of Texas SOM.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

For those that did the spark hire, can you redo your answers? And do you have to do it all in one sitting? Also, are the questions like Casper?

For those that did the spark hire, can you redo your answers? And do you have to do it all in one sitting? Also, are the questions like Casper?
It’s one take, no do-overs. Review the SparkHire site to practice
I need to correct this to say that Long SOM recorded interview does allow you to do more than one "take" of your video if you are not satisfied with the first one.
I'm curious how many of you did this, and why did you re-do?

Last edited:

Long gives unlimited brainstorm time and unlimited takes for the SOWVI!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I need to correct this to say that Long SOM recorded interview does allow you to do more than one "take" of your video if you are not satisfied with the first one.
i did multiple takes! mainly because i found it hard to fit my answer in the allotted time so i had to re-do it so i wasn't cut off at the end of the recording

I actually wish it was only one-take. I found myself redoing each take for the simplest things and just ended up wasting a lot of my time...

OOS II! So excited, LSOM is my top choice. The dates available were 11/14, 11/17, and 12/1 I think? So for people that are waiting for an II, it seems like they're still opening up more interview days (since the December date is new).

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS II! So excited, LSOM is my top choice. The dates available were 11/14, 11/17, and 12/1 I think? So for people that are waiting for an II, it seems like they're still opening up more interview days (since the December date is new).

Congrats!!

A call just now! My brain doesn't know what happened just yet... but I'm so grateful for this opportunity. Wishing all you fine folks the best of luck!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
A call just now! My brain doesn't know what happened just yet... but I'm so grateful for this opportunity. Wishing all you fine folks the best of luck!
Let's GOOOO!!! Congrats!!!

• Love
Congratulations!

• Love
If you don't mind me asking when did you interview?

OOS II this morning! LM 77, transmitted 5/19. Super excited!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Well that was an awesome interview day. Immaculate vibes. Best of luck to all my co-interviewees!

Man, where is my II?

Frustrated Man GIF by Bernardson

UNLESS YOU WANNA GIVE IT TO ME LONG

• Haha
when you get the email about applying for a MS in SLP here and you haven't gotten an II, it starts to feel like a soft R :rofl:

• Care
IS II, complete 6/18! wasn't expecting this at all. dates offered are 12/8, 12/15, 1/12

• Love