2025-2026 Alice L Walton

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the monthly status update and am surprised my app is still in consideration for interview considering my lower stats and how many people are applying due to the free tuition. I have a really strong mission fit since I want to go into prevention medicine and my entire application has that prevention in medicine theme. I replied to the last monthly status update with an email that was like an LOI explaining my passion, but should I sent it separately? I don't know if I'm overthinking but this is a school I would give anything to attend.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 Waitlist Post-Interview. I guess difficult to know given last year was the first cycle, but anyone have any idea how the movement is?
 
Those of us who interviewed 9/5, I'm assuming we will either hear back next week or after Christmas? I can't imagine they would be releasing decisions Christmas week.
 
Those of us who interviewed 9/5, I'm assuming we will either hear back next week or after Christmas? I can't imagine they would be releasing decisions Christmas week.
I interviewed 9/5 and was waitlisted Oct 17. But I would imagine if you haven't heard back, hearing back Christmas week is unlikely.
 
Out of curiosity has anyone that hasn’t taken the preview exam gotten an interview invite? If so are you an IS or OOS applicant? I’m just wondering if I’m cooked or not lmao
 
I interviewed 9/5 and was waitlisted Oct 17. But I would imagine if you haven't heard back, hearing back Christmas week is unlikely.
I meant 12/5, no idea where 9/5 came from lol. They told us they were going to really try and get decisions to us before Christmas, but if not we would at least hear something.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any advice on their interviews and what they look for in accepted applicants?
My interview was pretty relaxed and conversational. I’d say prepare lightly for common med school interview questions. But definitely be yourself and let your personality come through! They are pretty up front about their values/mission on their website (improving health in Arkansas specifically using a whole-health approach)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS R.

This one hurt, like a lot. The finances were a major thing as I don't know how I will afford the schools I got into, but I really though despite my lower MCAT score, my strong mission fit and theme of prevention would resonate with them. It's unfortunate.