You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Belmont (Frist)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't think we're gonna see movement until after April or May, which when people decide to drop acceptancesAny WL movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It should be soon, before second look for sure as some will be attracted/turn down the offer based on it.anyone know when financial aid comes out?
D
deleted1175312
Man, sure would like some financial aid info 👀*shakes empty tin cup*
Lol hopefully this week per the Facebook postMan, sure would like some financial aid info 👀*shakes empty tin cup*
Hopefully this week or at least very soon. I’m sure some people will have to narrow their acceptances. It’s hard because I love this school, but it’s new and not accredited nor does it have a home hospital. I’m hoping they send good $$$ regardless.
Anyone else stuck at an airport with delays to get Nashville? What poor timing with the tornados and flash flood warnings. Stay safe everyone.
Terrible week to go to Nashville 🌪️⛈️Anyone else stuck at an airport with delays to get Nashville? What poor timing with the tornados and flash flood warnings. Stay safe everyone.
D
deleted1175312
couldn’t get off work but excited to meet potential future classmates this summer, stay safe♥️♥️♥️Anyone else stuck at an airport with delays to get Nashville? What poor timing with the tornados and flash flood warnings. Stay safe everyone.
Loved second look today and met so many new people. For those that couldn’t make it, a financial aid portal should become available Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
D
deleted1175312
A true King👑Loved second look today and met so many new people. For those that couldn’t make it, a financial aid portal should become available Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
Thanks for relaying the info! Did they mention the availability (or lack of) scholarships at all?Loved second look today and met so many new people. For those that couldn’t make it, a financial aid portal should become available Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We will find out early next week. Apparently it was supposed to be today but they were busy with second look. The first class got 18k/year. I would expect getting something similar. There are also 5 full tuition scholarships for rural health scholars (I think you apply to this) and external scholarships that you can apply to.Thanks for relaying the info! Did they mention the availability (or lack of) scholarships at all?
The 2025-2026 cost of attendance was given to us today and was 69,602k for tuition and 36,037k for cost of living (NOT including insurance, which they listed at $3275). Hope this helps with the financial aid info!
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
Interesting…So it sounds like almost everyone will get the same exact financial aid package?We will find out early next week. Apparently it was supposed to be today but they were busy with second look. The first class got 18k/year. I would expect getting something similar. There are also 5 full tuition scholarships for rural health scholars (I think you apply to this) and external scholarships that you can apply to.
The 2025-2026 cost of attendance was given to us today and was 69,602k for tuition and 36,037k for cost of living (NOT including insurance, which they listed at $3275). Hope this helps with the financial aid info!
mtm9017
Full Member
I’d assume yes BUT hard to tell for sure. My understanding is there has been some drama with allocation of the donation funds,‘probably political BS. I think they would have warned us/been more clear if the financial aid was going to be wildly different (especially bc it could leave the current M1s in the lurch) but just don’t want anyone to get set on this number and be surprised if it ends up being different.Interesting…So it sounds like almost everyone will get the same exact financial aid package?
Whiterun_Gaurd
Full Member
did anyone else open their BU4U portal and find $0 in grants and scholarships?
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
Yes, and according to the financial aid office it's accurate. Lots of people in the accepted student group me also got $0did anyone else open their BU4U portal and find $0 in grants and scholarships?
D
deleted1175312
it says it’s subject to change, maybe they’ll roll out scholarships when CTE becomes activatedYes, and according to the financial aid office it's accurate. Lots of people in the accepted student group me also got $0
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
That would be an odd strategy on their part. Not sure how many students would choose this acceptance over others on the off chance that they might get a scholarship laterit says it’s subject to change, maybe they’ll roll out scholarships when CTE becomes activated
D
deleted1175312
true i didn’t even think of that. saw it and thought “I guess PLUS loans are my friends now😭”That would be an odd strategy on their part. Not sure how many students would choose this acceptance over others on the off chance that they might get a scholarship later
Whiterun_Gaurd
Full Member
Damn, who even qualifies for it if so many people also got $0?Yes, and according to the financial aid office it's accurate. Lots of people in the accepted student group me also got $0
mtm9017
Full Member
I have yet to meet anyone who DID get money. Correct me if I am wrong. I think they are not giving grants period.Damn, who even qualifies for it if so many people also got $0?
Someone in the chat said they got an offerI have yet to meet anyone who DID get money. Correct me if I am wrong. I think they are not giving grants period.
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
Was there someone in the chat who said they got an offer? I must have missed thatSomeone in the chat said they got an offer
I didn’t see it either. I personally got $0 and am super bummed after falling in love with the campus again during second look. I made so many connections with faculty and current students. But at the current price tag (109k including insurance), it just doesn’t make sense to go here over a school with a reputable home program, P/F, and serval sites for research. I’ll be hoping for a miracle though for us in the next 3 weeks🤞
riceandchicken
New Member
I got a scholarship offer, but it is only for one year
Whiterun_Gaurd
Full Member
I know people say to always take the A and never question it, but if this was your only choice, would you apply another year or take it? I know debt can be paid off, but considering we have no idea how competitive their match results are, if their averages end up seeing students go into “lower” paid specialties, then $400k+ of debt with interest is definitely not chump change.I didn’t see it either. I personally got $0 and am super bummed after falling in love with the campus again during second look. I made so many connections with faculty and current students. But at the current price tag (109k including insurance), it just doesn’t make sense to go here over a school with a reputable home program, P/F, and serval sites for research. I’ll be hoping for a miracle though for us in the next 3 weeks🤞
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
I can’t speak for others, but I would 100% take it. There’s no guarantee that you would get into a different school next cycle (potentially making you lose out on 2+ years of attending salary). Belmont is still a great school and they seem like they’re super invested in helping their students succeed.I know people say to always take the A and never question it, but if this was your only choice, would you apply another year or take it? I know debt can be paid off, but considering we have no idea how competitive their match results are, if their averages end up seeing students go into “lower” paid specialties, then $400k+ of debt with interest is definitely not chump change.
D
deleted1175312
would 100% take it. Better to take this then try your luck on another year IMOI can’t speak for others, but I would 100% take it. There’s no guarantee that you would get into a different school next cycle (potentially making you lose out on 2+ years of attending salary). Belmont is still a great school and they seem like they’re super invested in helping their students succeed.
Take the MD A. You’ll have excellent facilities, wonderful staff, opportunities to do research with Vanderbilt and other established research powerhouses, and a bunch of Belmont University resources. While there are HCA affiliations for third year rotations, you can choose to match elsewhere. Don’t let some of the negativity of this thread bear on you too hard, this will be a great school to attend.
Withdrew my A
Just got an A off the WL 🙂 will be withdrawing. Good luck y'all!
Did you send any update letters to the school?Just got an A off the WL 🙂 will be withdrawing. Good luck y'all!
Yes. I was waitlisted in October and then sent an update in JanuaryDid you send any update letters to the school?
Congrats!Yes. I was waitlisted in October and then sent an update in January
backwall25
Full Member
Going to be withdrawing my A, no aid for a new school is a trap I fear! Best of luck WL warriors!
Withdrew my acceptance recently. Good luck to those attending, Nashville are FCOM going to be great.
george5433
Full Member
I withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anonymous987654321
Full Member
OOS A off WL but will be withdrawing it
D
deleted1175312
Will be withdrawing, hope you all make it! Peace and love❤️
This is BingusWill be withdrawing, hope you all make it! Peace and love❤️
KingCrashout
Full Member
just got scholarship offer, woah