You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Belmont (Frist)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same. Complete 7/16 and the email said 3 weeks lol and still nothing.Is it a bad idea to email regarding the status of my application? I was marked complete on 7/30 but never received an under review notification like they stated they would send in my application complete email.
medstudent1525
Full Member
Do we think there's going to be waitlist movement here in December like there was last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nah, think we're cooked till march/april at the earliestDo we think there's going to be waitlist movement here in December like there was last year?
Are IIs still being sent
Same here. I am also questioning if it is acceptable to send update letters given that I haven't heard anything.Same. Complete 7/16 and the email said 3 weeks lol and still nothing.
I sent one and still haven’t heard anythinfSame here. I am also questioning if it is acceptable to send update letters given that I haven't heard anything.
medstudent1525
Full Member
Merry Christmas email got me excited thinking I got an A off the waitlist 😭
bruh i did not get that email 😭
Merry Christmas email got me excited thinking I got an A off the waitlist 😭
medstudent1525
Full Member
Hmm interesting. I kind of assumed they sent it to everyone.
sameMerry Christmas email got me excited thinking I got an A off the waitlist 😭
Same here 🥲 guess I’m off the mailing listbruh i did not get that email 😭
fakemanufacture
New Member
+ 1 OOS II
Soonest interview date is February
Soonest interview date is February
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When was this+ 1 OOS II
Soonest interview date is February
medstudent1525
Full Member
Anybody else get the “Happy Holidays from FCoM” email today?
Yes, I didAnybody else get the “Happy Holidays from FCoM” email today?
JohnWilburn
New Member
does the happy holidays email insinuate anything
Seems to be generic status update.does the happy holidays email insinuate anything
My friend who applied last cycle received 1/2 off tuition only for the first year. I think they give some large & small amounts.Speaking of this email, does anyone know what the merit scholarships they mentioned look like? Do they do any full or half tuition scholarships?
bluecypress80
New Member
Does anyone know if Belmont accepts letters of intent?
esoyatusabe
Full Member
OOS R Pre II
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
is anyone able to speak on what going to school here is like? I know there's some parts that apparently aren't so desirable like HCA affiliation and issues with staff retention the like. It's still an MD school ultimately so if I managed to get off the WL I'd imagine it may still be worth to still go here.
OOS PRE II R
twinsOOS PRE II R
D
deleted1196277
is anyone able to speak on what going to school here is like? I know there's some parts that apparently aren't so desirable like HCA affiliation and issues with staff retention the like. It's still an MD school ultimately so if I managed to get off the WL I'd imagine it may still be worth to still go here.
seconded
its a good experience thus far. faculty and staff are extremely invested in your success. i feel heard and the administration takes student complaints/suggestions seriously and makes an earnest attempt to change policies. HCA affiliation has been actually somewhat beneficial for research/shadowing/connections, if you don't like HCA then don't apply to their residencies. staff retention is being addressed and the school has hired a bunch of new professors to cover gaps. to be fair i think most of the students are using third party resources anyway so I dont think this is a major issue.
johnhelldiver501
Full Member
would you say going here (new MD) would be better than going to an established DO program? I know there's so much caveats to all of this, just curious to see what you think.its a good experience thus far. faculty and staff are extremely invested in your success. i feel heard and the administration takes student complaints/suggestions seriously and makes an earnest attempt to change policies. HCA affiliation has been actually somewhat beneficial for research/shadowing/connections, if you don't like HCA then don't apply to their residencies. staff retention is being addressed and the school has hired a bunch of new professors to cover gaps. to be fair i think most of the students are using third party resources anyway so I dont think this is a major issue.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bluecypress80
New Member
Could you speak a little bit about the curriculum/class schedule? Are you in class/lecture most of the time, is attendance required,.. etc.its a good experience thus far. faculty and staff are extremely invested in your success. i feel heard and the administration takes student complaints/suggestions seriously and makes an earnest attempt to change policies. HCA affiliation has been actually somewhat beneficial for research/shadowing/connections, if you don't like HCA then don't apply to their residencies. staff retention is being addressed and the school has hired a bunch of new professors to cover gaps. to be fair i think most of the students are using third party resources anyway so I dont think this is a major issue.
M1s: Biweekly summative quizzes (faculty written), when you dont have graded quizzes you have formative (ungraded) quizzes that are assigned step-oriented practice questions. NBME final. Anatomy final practical.Could you speak a little bit about the curriculum/class schedule? Are you in class/lecture most of the time, is attendance required,.. etc.
M2s: Midterm (in house written), NBME final. Formative quizzes every week to help with weekly content. Anatomy final practical.
You have 3 "courses" per semester - your organ system (graded), W3M (Social Sciences, P/F), ICP (Your OSCE + physical exam class, P/F). ICP, W3M = required attendance, organ system = not required attendance
Classes run 8-12. Afternoons are free unless you have:
1 afternoon (1-5pm) /week you have a longitudinal clinic in Peds/FM or IM.
OSCE (simulation) 1/week for 2 hours in the afternoon.
Depends on what you mean by better. If you are the type of student that needs a lot of structure and support behind you, then no. If you can handle uncertainty and can handle ambiguity then yes (i wonder why they ask the ambiguity question on the secondaries!). Personally I turned down established DO acceptances to go here. Historically looking at other new programs that have graduated classes I think we will largely match fine, but I think this is due to the notion that matching well is more on you then it is on the school.would you say going here (new MD) would be better than going to an established DO program? I know there's so much caveats to all of this, just curious to see what you think.
Hope that helps.
bluecypress80
New Member
thank you so much🙂M1s: Biweekly summative quizzes (faculty written), when you dont have graded quizzes you have formative (ungraded) quizzes that are assigned step-oriented practice questions. NBME final. Anatomy final practical.
M2s: Midterm (in house written), NBME final. Formative quizzes every week to help with weekly content. Anatomy final practical.
You have 3 "courses" per semester - your organ system (graded), W3M (Social Sciences, P/F), ICP (Your OSCE + physical exam class, P/F). ICP, W3M = required attendance, organ system = not required attendance
Classes run 8-12. Afternoons are free unless you have:
1 afternoon (1-5pm) /week you have a longitudinal clinic in Peds/FM or IM.
OSCE (simulation) 1/week for 2 hours in the afternoon.
Depends on what you mean by better. If you are the type of student that needs a lot of structure and support behind you, then no. If you can handle uncertainty and can handle ambiguity then yes (i wonder why they ask the ambiguity question on the secondaries!). Personally I turned down established DO acceptances to go here. Historically looking at other new programs that have graduated classes I think we will largely match fine, but I think this is due to the notion that matching well is more on you then it is on the school.
Hope that helps.
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
after sending thank you letters through email, did you guys receive email confirmation that they got them?
Produce Sweaty 456
Full Member
I did!after sending thank you letters through email, did you guys receive email confirmation that they got them?
futuredocm13
Full Member
Any waitlist movement yet?
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
when do you guys think jan interviewers will hear back? how long did the people with As take to hear back?
bumble.bee15
New Member
I think I was accepted 11 days after my interviewwhen do you guys think jan interviewers will hear back? how long did the people with As take to hear back?
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
oos WL 🙁 i thought it went rlly well and i rlly loved the school
nah, think we're cooked till march/april at the earliest
i was wrong. A off the WL
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
what do you guys think is the chances of getting off the WL?
when was your interview ?oos WL 🙁 i thought it went rlly well and i rlly loved the school
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
01/16:’(when was your interview ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II yesterday, LM 74, submitted back in September sometime
being waitlisted doesn’t mean it’s over for you! chin up! everything will work out the way it’s meant to01/16:’(
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K