2025-2026 Belmont (Frist)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025 – 2026 Belmont Supplemental Application Essays:

1. At FCoM, our mission, vision, and values shape our purpose, set our aspirations, and inform our decisions. Please select which value you find most energizing and why. Discuss how this value has impacted your life.
  • We love learning, Lead by serving, Live with integrity, Heal together in humility, and Welcome difference.

2. Our curriculum centers around a whole-person approach to healing in a community of service-learning, inspired by the love and grace of Christ. Discuss how your spiritual experiences, faith, or personal beliefs have influenced your life and your decision to pursue medicine as a career.

3. As a newer medical school, our students will help shape a new culture and build lasting community. Reflect on a time when you embraced ambiguity, sharing specific examples where you contributed to creating a culture of growth, collaboration, and adaptability.

4. Reapplicants only – Describe the changes to your application from previous cycles - include developments to your academics, experiences, and/or personal attributes.


Each essay has a maximum of 2000 characters.

Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Last edited:
@chilly_md
2025 – 2026 Supplemental Application Essays:
  • At FCoM, our mission, vision, and values shape our purpose, set our aspirations, and inform our decisions. Please select which value you find most energizing and why. Discuss how this value has impacted your life.
    • We love learning, Lead by serving, Live with integrity, Heal together in humility, and Welcome difference.
  • Our curriculum centers around a whole-person approach to healing in a community of service-learning, inspired by the love and grace of Christ. Discuss how your spiritual experiences, faith, or personal beliefs have influenced your life and your decision to pursue medicine as a career.
  • As a newer medical school, our students will help shape a new culture and build lasting community. Reflect on a time when you embraced ambiguity, sharing specific examples where you contributed to creating a culture of growth, collaboration, and adaptability.
  • Reapplicants only – Describe the changes to your application from previous cycles - include developments to your academics, experiences, and/or personal attributes.
Each essay has a maximum of 2000 characters.

Found on website at this link: Application Process
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Basically brand new, well laid out, well planned, beautiful. Multiple comfortable classrooms with plugs at ever seat. 2 large lecture halls. High tech anatomy Lab. Plenty of study space from individual spots to small group spaces to larger rooms. Big "Lounges" for the different class groups that they assign with balconies and pool tables and full kitchens. A whole floor of simulators for learning. Coolest thing is 4 floors of parking right underneath the whole structure. Steps from car to classroom and the whole Med School (first 2 years anyway).
 
Has anyone toured FCOM Belmont? If yes, what were your impressions?
Very high-end. Bottom floor has massive conference room for presenters and meetings. Many study rooms, high tech simulation rooms, really good OSCE rooms with microphones + cameras for observers, little study rooms on the top floors, library + views toward Nashville on the top floor. Underrground parking. It's really beautiful inside and you can tell they put a lot of thought into it. I'm not attending, but loved visiting during second look last year.
 
For those that received a secondary, had you already received an email that said your app was in review like they did last year? And, does anyone know if they send secondaries in batches?
 
For those that received a secondary, had you already received an email that said your app was in review like they did last year? And, does anyone know if they send secondaries in batches?
I have not, but my preview score is not in until the end of the month.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a little uncomfortable about my application with the new religious question. I wasn’t raised a Christian and now I’m an atheist. Is there still a point in applying…? I’m not sure how to bull**** my way through that question. maybe use a diversity essay
 
I am a little uncomfortable about my application with the new religious question. I wasn’t raised a Christian and now I’m an atheist. Is there still a point in applying…? I’m not sure how to bull**** my way through that question. maybe use a diversity essay
I remember that on their Instagram they emphasized a very clear point you do not need to be a Christian to attend the school. I'm not sure that bs'ing your way through the prompt is a reasonable approach. The prompt asks for any faith or spiritual experiences (very broadly defined) or personal beliefs that led you to choose medicine as a profession. Your answer does not have to take a Christian lens if you don't identify as Chrsitian.
 
I remember that on their Instagram they emphasized a very clear point you do not need to be a Christian to attend the school. I'm not sure that bs'ing your way through the prompt is a reasonable approach. The prompt asks for any faith or spiritual experiences (very broadly defined) or personal beliefs that led you to choose medicine as a profession. Your answer does not have to take a Christian lens if you don't identify as Chrsitian.
I’m glad to hear that. I didn’t mean BS as in lie about being religious, I would never do that- just that I’m really not spiritual at all so I will have to try something that may be a stretch like wanting to do good in general independent of religious ideas
 
On several podcasts they have emphasized that they take people of all or no faiths. They just genuinely want to hear about this part of your background. They also do have a small part of the curriculum that touches on spirituality, but my understanding is that this is not Loma Linda by any means.
 
I’m glad to hear that. I didn’t mean BS as in lie about being religious, I would never do that- just that I’m really not spiritual at all so I will have to try something that may be a stretch like wanting to do good in general independent of religious ideas
Could personal beliefs be outside of faith/spirituality? Like social justice or health equality?
 
Per Belmont's website, it states that "For the 2026 admissions cycle, applicants are encouraged to sit for the PREview exam. The exam will be used to study and correlate professional readiness and personal attributes with curricular outcomes." and that "While optional, we encourage applicants to sit for the PREview exam within one year of applying." Does this mean they are no longer requiring the exam? I have not taken yet but am not going to if I don't need to. Just want to make sure.
 
Per Belmont's website, it states that "For the 2026 admissions cycle, applicants are encouraged to sit for the PREview exam. The exam will be used to study and correlate professional readiness and personal attributes with curricular outcomes." and that "While optional, we encourage applicants to sit for the PREview exam within one year of applying." Does this mean they are no longer requiring the exam? I have not taken yet but am not going to if I don't need to. Just want to make sure.
Interesting. That was updated yesterday. My application still shows that preview is missing and that my app is incomplete. My score comes out on the 29th, so I'm wondering if they will hold my app until they get it.
 
Interesting. That was updated yesterday. My application still shows that preview is missing and that my app is incomplete. My score comes out on the 29th, so I'm wondering if they will hold my app until they get it.
Yes it's still incomplete on my application as well. My thoughts are that they will remove it soon? Might give the school a call tomorrow to see.
 
I submitted my secondary 14 days after receiving it because the email didn't specify any preference, but now I realized their website says they give "strongest preference" if secondaries are submitted within 10 days. Are they going to immediately disregard my app?
 
I submitted my secondary 14 days after receiving it because the email didn't specify any preference, but now I realized their website says they give "strongest preference" if secondaries are submitted within 10 days. Are they going to immediately disregard my app?
No
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Class Profile for the second Frist College of Medicine cohort (starting school now, graduating in 2029)

fcom_class_of_2029_profile.png
 
Has anyone gotten the email for consideration for an interview? I know they said it could take longer than three weeks to go through review but its been three weeks since I submitted.
 
Has anyone gotten the email for consideration for an interview? I know they said it could take longer than three weeks to go through review but its been three weeks since I submitted.
you can see from the chart above that only about 1 in 10 applicants got an interview last year.
More waiting to see if you will be one :shrug:
 
Are all complete applications not put into the interview consideration phase?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary on the 14th of July and I got the supplemental email completed email after. But I got the application complete on the 5th of august and I looked back at my portal and it says my secondary was complete on August 5th even tho before it said the 14th. should I email about this because I know they asked to submit the secondary within 10 days of receiving it but if they were to review my portal it would look like I took 3 weeks.
 
I submitted my secondary on the 14th of July and I got the supplemental email completed email after. But I got the application complete on the 5th of august and I looked back at my portal and it says my secondary was complete on August 5th even tho before it said the 14th. should I email about this because I know they asked to submit the secondary within 10 days of receiving it but if they were to review my portal it would look like I took 3 weeks.
They have you marked complete, don’t go looking for trouble 👀
 
"4) Reapplicants only – Describe the changes to your application from previous cycles - include developments to your academics, experiences, and/or personal attributes"
does anyone know if this is for in general or for their school specifically?
 
"4) Reapplicants only – Describe the changes to your application from previous cycles - include developments to your academics, experiences, and/or personal attributes"
does anyone know if this is for in general or for their school specifically?
up for interpretation. I called the school and they said up to you if you want to answer it or not.