You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Creighton
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS II complete 9/4
RedSwinglineStapler
Full Member
OOS II complete 7/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
queenofhope
Full Member
OOS II complete 8/20
Does ll mean interview invite or secondary.OOS II complete 8/20
Interview inviteDoes ll mean interview invite or secondary.
I think the thank you messages typically disappear late Thursday or Friday so I would look out for them! FYI, mine disappeared last Thursday evening around 7pm PST (that's when I checked so could be earlier) and got my decision on Monday. No info on accepted student day posted.
official_ artyom
Full Member
Still on the alt list here. Trying to remember what they said the process was going forward. I believe they said they'll review again in the spring, so does that mean we shouldnt expect any further WL movement until then if we didnt get off now?
Well it just disappeared! Time to start sweating lmaoI think the thank you messages typically disappear late Thursday or Friday so I would look out for them! FYI, mine disappeared last Thursday evening around 7pm PST (that's when I checked so could be earlier) and got my decision on Monday. No info on accepted student day posted.
thank you message just disappeared! Interviewed first week of December. you think we'll get decisions Monday or will they wait till Tuesday cause the holiday?
w0ndermed25
Full Member
This was also said during my info session. FWIW, as an atheist currently at Creighton for undergrad, religion has never been pushed onto me by professors/students/faculty etc. Creighton is a Catholic University, yes, but any association with religion (beyond the Jesuit Values) comes from a student choosing to do so.Wrote nearly the same exact thing down. While it was certainly discomfiting to me and I wish that weren't their perspective/intent, I am very glad that he said that so that I can make decisions with it in mind. I didn't get the chance to ask any of the students about the religious influence from their perspective during my interview, but I do just want to note that my faculty interviewer was part of the hospital system for years before it was purchased (?) by Creighton, and they let me know that it didn't seem to strongly influence their day-to-day and that the culture overall was very welcoming. It's something I'll definitely be assessing further if I'm fortunate enough to have options at the end of the cycle.
Was that the best thing to say during an info session? Absolutely not. But for those concerned about it, please know that Creighton does welcome everyone with open arms 🙂
WinterSnowball
Full Member
OOS II received 1/15!
bigsteppa3000
New Member
Anyone from 12/2 interview have their thank you message gone from the portal? Mine hasn’t
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the same interview day and mine disappeared early this afternoon. The committee probably didn’t finish all the 12/2 decisions yet, you’ll probably hear from them next week worst caseAnyone from 12/2 interview have their thank you message gone from the portal? Mine hasn’t
Last edited:
Congrats to everyone continuing to receive interviews and starting to receive acceptances!!Hey everyone!
Congrats to all of you who have received interviews or acceptances so far at Creighton during this cycle!! I'm a current M2 at Creighton Omaha and honestly could not be happier to have picked this school. The environment here is definitely one of community and collaboration, and I was surprised by how much I genuinely enjoyed my first year of medical school thanks to the awesome people at Creighton.
I know it's early to be thinking about housing during medical school, but I wanted to give a quick plug for Creighton Phi Chi Medical Fraternity, a co-ed living community that includes students from all four years of medical school. Your housemates quickly become some of your best friends and serve as excellent mentors during your first few years of school, providing insight into study resources, extracurriculars, research, and pretty much everything else that will help you succeed in medical school. Living at Phi Chi was hands down the best decision I made at Creighton, and I can't imagine how much more difficult my first year would have been had I not been surrounded by my wonderful housemates. Plus, at Phi Chi you'd get to live in a gorgeous mansion located a mere block away from Omaha's Blackstone district, and we have extremely cheap rent at $625/month (which includes all food and utilities!).
If you want to make the most out of your transition into medical school, please consider living at Phi Chi. If interested or if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]! The house application as well as other information can be found under the APPLY tab of our website www.creightonphichi.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the Spring and Summer. We look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!
Also, if you're attending the upcoming accepted student's day in November, feel free to stop by our house and learn more about why we love living here! We will likely be hosting an open house, and will be giving more info day-of at the presentations and social hour if you want to hear more.
Just another heads-up that we will still be taking applications for Creighton Phi Chi on a rolling basis through springtime. If you're interested in a uniquely collaborative living community during medical school out here in Omaha, feel free to take a look at our website and to email us at [email protected]! If you also find yourself in town, feel free to shoot us an email if you'd like to stop by and take a look. Won't find a better location in the city for the price and amenities. PLUS we have windows in our bedrooms (which one of the main popular places for M1s to live literally does NOT have lol)
Looking forward to hearing from some of y'all!!
Is there still a possibility to get an interview?
Yes! Creighton interviews decently late into the cycleIs there still a possibility to get an interview?
rainbow.moon
Full Member
OOS A!!! just now
supremmotu
Full Member
OOS A! Thank you God and everyone who helped me
whenisthisover
New Member
How often do they take people off the waitlist? Is 50% off the waitlist reign true?
Hey everyone, I was accepted about a month ago to Creighton and had a question about their conditions of acceptance. They said that my college degree must be completed "at a grade level similar to [my] present grade-point-average". I'm a trad applicant finishing up my last few academic terms and was wondering if anyone knew how lenient this rule is. I plan to finish strong because I want to get summa but I'm taking some harder courses next term and worried that if I get a B or something that I'll lose the acceptance. Probably over reacting lmao, but maybe someone has some helpful insight. Thanks.
+1 OOS II, no idea when I got it though because they never sent me an email, I just happened to be checking my portals today and saw it lol
Last edited:
I don't have any more insight than you, however, I just wanna give you some reassurance. I am sure that if you get a B, you are going to be just fine. It seems that they put that in there so that you don't just put in the bare minimum and pass with a C in the rest of your classes. Again, I am also just an applicant, but this is what it seems like to meHey everyone, I was accepted about a month ago to Creighton and had a question about their conditions of acceptance. They said that my college degree must be completed "at a grade level similar to [my] present grade-point-average". I'm a trad applicant finishing up my last few academic terms and was wondering if anyone knew how lenient this rule is. I plan to finish strong because I want to get summa but I'm taking some harder courses next term and worried that if I get a B or something that I'll lose the acceptance. Probably over reacting lmao, but maybe someone has some helpful insight. Thanks.
Schedule that asap!+1 OOS II, no idea when I got it though because they never sent me an email, I just happened to be checking my portals today and saw it lol
medDawgbruh
Full Member
+[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]] OOS II, no idea when I got it though because they never sent me an email, I just happened to be checking my portals today and saw it lol
*Everyone rapidly checks their portals after reading this* [emoji23]
Just try your best, you’ve gotten good grades so far, so keep it up! If you get one B I don’t think it will impact your acceptance.Hey everyone, I was accepted about a month ago to Creighton and had a question about their conditions of acceptance. They said that my college degree must be completed "at a grade level similar to [my] present grade-point-average". I'm a trad applicant finishing up my last few academic terms and was wondering if anyone knew how lenient this rule is. I plan to finish strong because I want to get summa but I'm taking some harder courses next term and worried that if I get a B or something that I'll lose the acceptance. Probably over reacting lmao, but maybe someone has some helpful insight. Thanks.
Does anyone have any advice for the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just try to chill out and have a good time, it's very conversational! I found the faculty interview was more laid back, with the student interview being more structured and to the point. I read through the interview feedback page on SDN for the common questions, but honestly none of them came up in my interview. Would still be a good idea to brush up on the common questions (why us, why med, etc.) Also, try not to stress out if the interview is a bit short! I think my student interview was only 15-20 minutes haha.Does anyone have any advice for the interview?
Both the faculty and student interviews were the most laid-back interviews I have had so far. Just chill, be yourself, and know your application be ready to talk about some of your experiences.Does anyone have any advice for the interview?
I’ll echo what other people said. It’s extremely chill. The student and faculty interview were very easy, and conversational! You’ll do great!!!Does anyone have any advice for the interview?
wheattrout
Full Member
Just thought this might help someone. If you are placed on alternate list you have to go in portal to “accept the alternate offer”. I barely found this out
bigsteppa3000
New Member
A just now! Interviewed 12/2
ObeseRaisin
Full Member
Does anyone know when the next admitted student day for phoenix is?
supremmotu
Full Member
Next one should be March 7Does anyone know when the next admitted student day for phoenix is?
letmein528
Full Member
OOS II! I applied PHX
I am so stressed for my interview tmrw!! Just do not know what to expect ahhh
OOS II! I applied PHX
congrats! did u upload an update letter? also when we’re you complete/LM
letmein528
Full Member
congrats! did u upload an update letter? also when we’re you complete/LM
I did upload a letter of interest/intent on [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]. I was complete [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]], LM around [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]!
Did you get an email?OOS II! I applied PHX
letmein528
Full Member
Did you get an email?
yes!
Super chill! Just a good interview to get to know you. A few standardized questions (nothing scary) then just chat about who you are/what you like/what you're interested in. Good luck, you're gonna do great!I am so stressed for my interview tmrw!! Just do not know what to expect ahhh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May be a dumb question - but do yall know how much weight they put in these interviews? Does it make or break you? Or is it just weighed as another part of your application? My student interview went great, very conversational and enjoyable, but faculty interview was weird. They seemed super stern and cold, and it stressed me out, felt like I didn’t do my best. Can’t stop thinking about it.
shinymagikarp
Full Member
To be fair, myself and a friend also had very similar experiences. We had different faculty interviewers. I wouldn’t put a lot of weight on it, but definitely curious how it plays out. I personally am not worrying about it too much.May be a dumb question - but do yall know how much weight they put in these interviews? Does it make or break you? Or is it just weighed as another part of your application? My student interview went great, very conversational and enjoyable, but faculty interview was weird. They seemed super stern and cold, and it stressed me out, felt like I didn’t do my best. Can’t stop thinking about it.
w0ndermed25
Full Member
Interviewed same day and mine's still there... more waiting I guess lolMy thank you message disappeared - interviewed 1/13