You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did anyone get accepted today with an interview date later than 9/12???
It looks like only the folks that interviewed 8/22 and 9/12 got acceptances today. Looking at previous years the folks with later September interviews in early October should hopefully get decisions first week in November
It looks like only the folks that interviewed 8/22 and 9/12 got acceptances today. Looking at previous years the folks with later September interviews in early October should hopefully get decisions first week in November
Overall, I feel super fortunate and grateful to be here. I can't speak on behalf of admissions but no, I don't think being complete in September is going to diminish your chances whatsoever. Every class is a little different but yes, I think the student body is nice/helpful! Students in the classes above are happy to help and lend their advice. We have lots of professors and I can't recall any that were particularly not approachable. I feel like the vast majority of physician professors would happily welcome students onto their service/into their clinic if they have interest in their specialty. One thing that I think sets Geisel apart is the vast array of clinical rotation sites. At any given time, the M3 class is spread across the country with people doing rotations in California, Arizona, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, etc. We also have a P/F pre-clerkship curriculum which is super nice. Hope that helps a bit. Feel free to reach out with any specific questions. Good luck!@Atenolol Hii!!
Thanks for jumping in the thread and offering to help! In general how do you like Geisel? Is the student body nice/helpful? The professors approachable?
I am super interested in Dartmouth and would love to know anything you think sets it apart from other med schools you maybe considered? Also I know Dartmouth is known to favor earlier applicants from what I have read and I was marked complete Sept 9. Do you think that that puts me at a disadvantage/ruined my shot?
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t wanna speak in absolutes, but looking at previous years, people that weren’t admitted initially ended up having to wait until 2025. It didnt necessarily mean waitlist or rejection. For example there was a wave of As last year in January and February for people with early interviews.So if we interviewed on 8/22 and didn't get a response today should we assume that it is a waitlist or R?
I think that this is because Dartmouth is very selective with their A’s due to their small class size. In my interview, they said they try to limit the amount of acceptances throughout the cycle so that every interview session has open seats that they are applying for.
trumpet298
Full Member
+1 OOS A!!!!
barbiedoc07
Full Member
Is there a group chat/groupme for class of 2029?!🥹
palmtree13
Full Member
OOS pre-ii R, LM 64 complete date 7/5/24
D
deleted1082311
for folks who got the A, do we need to accept the offer of admission right away or can we wait till like march when more schools decisions come out? I'm just confused cuz the email said within two weeks
Accept now if you want to keep it in your roster.for folks who got the A, do we need to accept the offer of admission right away or can we wait till like march when more schools decisions come out? I'm just confused cuz the email said within two weeks
You don’t have to narrow it down to 3 schools or fewer until April
D
deleted1082311
so to clarify i can accept as many as I want till April?Accept now if you want to keep it in your roster.
You don’t have to narrow it down to 3 schools or fewer until April
You got itso to clarify i can accept as many as I want till April?
Go read AMCAS traffic rules
LaCroixIsLife
Full Member
Hopefully notDay [emoji23[emoji[emoji642]45][emoji23[emoji[emoji642]44][emoji[emoji642]44]]] of R wave?
trumpet298
Full Member
Let me know if you found thisIs there a group chat/groupme for class of 2029?!🥹
chouchouchurros
Full Member
Hi! For those who have interviewed, do you know the exact start times & links for the two individual interviews on that day? My interviews are tomorrow but I still haven’t received links and start times for them. It only says that the two interviews will be held between 1:00pm and 3:30pm. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1125342
I was sent a PDF of my exact schedule with the interviewer names & interview times ~2 days beforeHi! For those who have interviewed, do you know the exact start times & links for the two individual interviews on that day? My interviews are tomorrow but I still haven’t received links and start times for them. It only says that the two interviews will be held between 1:00pm and 3:30pm. Thanks!
chouchouchurros
Full Member
Oh boy. I just emailed them to see what's going on. I have been receiving emails about Geisel Conversations so I didn't think they would miss sending stuff to me. ahhhh now super anxiousI was sent a PDF of my exact schedule with the interviewer names & interview times ~2 days before
D
deleted1125342
Don't be anxious I'm sure this will be solved before your interview time. Did you get an overall zoom link for check-in?Oh boy. I just emailed them to see what's going on. I have been receiving emails about Geisel Conversations so I didn't think they would miss sending stuff to me. ahhhh now super anxious
Also, I interviewed very early so I wonder if they have changed their process over time. Could be that they're more backlogged now and are deciding to send the PDFs the morning of, or something else. Please don't panic!
chouchouchurros
Full Member
I didn't😢I was waiting so patiently cause I didn't want to rush them. I would love to know who my interviewers are ahead of time so that I can think about questions to ask them. Ooof. I guess I just have to think about that tomorrow during the orientation... Thank you so much for your quick response tho!Don't be anxious I'm sure this will be solved before your interview time. Did you get an overall zoom link for check-in?
Also, I interviewed very early so I wonder if they have changed their process over time. Could be that they're more backlogged now and are deciding to send the PDFs the morning of, or something else. Please don't panic!
chouchouchurros
Full Member
Quick update for future interviewees: I called them this morning and turns out that they have the pdf of info made but forgot to send it to me. So if this ever happens to you, don't panic, just call them (I would recommend doing it the morning of the day before interview) to confirm. Good luck to everyone (and to myself heehee)
Good luck friendo !!!! You're gonna kill itQuick update for future interviewees: I called them this morning and turns out that they have the pdf of info made but forgot to send it to me. So if this ever happens to you, don't panic, just call them (I would recommend doing it the morning of the day before interview) to confirm. Good luck to everyone (and to myself heehee)
D
deleted1125342
Anyone else who interviewed around 9/5 waiting for decision? If we don't hear back around now, does that mean we just have to wait until March? (not sure where that month came from but i've been hearing it a lot so I will choose to trust it xD)
interviewed 9/12 and haven't heard anythingAnyone else who interviewed around 9/5 waiting for decision? If we don't hear back around now, does that mean we just have to wait until March? (not sure where that month came from but i've been hearing it a lot so I will choose to trust it xD)
barbiedoc07
Full Member
I sent an update ~6 weeks after my interview and I got the A on 10/15! I had a decently important update to give (job promotion/working on a new project relevant to my app). Anecdotal evidence of course, but if you have a true update, I say don't be afraid to send it!Does anyone know if this school appreciates updates?
My issue is that I haven’t interviewed yet, so I wasn’t sure if they would want one from me. My update is that I finished a project I mentioned I might do on my secondary and just wanted to discuss it in depth (challenges, purpose, results, lessons learned).I sent an update ~6 weeks after my interview and I got the A on 10/15! I had a decently important update to give (job promotion/working on a new project relevant to my app). Anecdotal evidence of course, but if you have a true update, I say don't be afraid to send it!
RedDevilz99
Full Member
+1 OOS II 🙂
D
deleted1202627
complete date? congrats!+1 OOS II 🙂
RedDevilz99
Full Member
7/8complete date? congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
solarflare1230
Full Member
Has anyone received a decision from an interview 9/19 or after?
Are A’s rolling especially from earlier interview dates where some applicants have already gotten A’s?
docjflowers
Full Member
Based on last years thread yes! take that with a grain of salt since you only see like one or two each A release date but a few aug dates got nov As etc.Are A’s rolling especially from earlier interview dates where some applicants have already gotten A’s?
Thank you!Based on last years thread yes! take that with a grain of salt since you only see like one or two each A release date but a few aug dates got nov As etc.
iwanttobedocs
Full Member
Pre-II R OOS Complete 7/10
D
deleted1180326
how is the group interview here? also are faculty interviews open or closed
Group interview is super chill so I wouldn’t worry at all about it. Faculty interviews are open I believehow is the group interview here? also are faculty interviews open or closed
Yes group interview is chill! It's like working as a team to problem-solve. I will add that one of my interviewers chose to conduct theirs blind (closed-file) with me. But I think this is up to each interviewer.Group interview is super chill so I wouldn’t worry at all about it. Faculty interviews are open I believe
Last edited:
Same with me, same complete datePre-II R OOS Complete 7/10
Pre-II R complete 7/2
BabySnoopy
Full Member
Pre II R, OOS, complete 7/13, LM 78
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
majestic_chair
Full Member
Pre-II OOS R, LM 77, complete 7/12
forumskeptic
Full Member
I love your username and picPre-II R complete 7/2
Thank you 😂😆 Represents how I feel about the cycle at times 😂I love your username and pic
Pre-II R, complete mid July