-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nakedgangcc
Full Member
On past threads I've read, it should be Friday. Last year in January, they sent it the following Tuesday, so it should be soon!!Do we think we'll hear something tomorrow about acceptances?? I'm OOS and interviewed back in november so I am really hoping to hear good news tomorrow
D
deleted1207107
so either the 17th or the 21st?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nakedgangcc
Full Member
Yes or that Monday.so either the 17th or the 21st?
exileinandersonville
Full Member
Got my campus assignment!!! Chicago!!!
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
Just checked my portal, assigned to Peoria
I didnt get an II until March last year, I now attend UIC
For those anxious, I also got my II several years ago (currently M3) in March and got my A afterward. I don't remember all the stats/dates (I think LM was 71?), but I was complete in September-ish, OOS, and interviewed with people complete both before and after me.
Things have changed quite a lot since I interviewed so your mileage may vary, but mine seemed to be open file and my interviewer was interested in discussing my story. Seems dependent on who interviews you whether or not they read your app.
This will come mid-March through April. Scholarships are not huge so don’t bank on them covering a lot unless you’re the one lucky one who gets full tuition. You can review what scholarships are available on the website.Anyone that was accepted or from previous cycles, when did they release scholarship/financial aid info? Do they release with A?
As OOS applicant, UIC is very expensive and was wondering how generous they are with that
Financial aid info is just a breakdown of cost of living and telling you your loans will cover it and giving you the option to choose how much of the loans you want to accept. Keep in mind they only send fall and spring semester. Summer semester will come the following spring.
Interviews end once the class is full. That will be end of Feb through mid March. Don’t rely on people posting available interview dates bc they only release about 1 week of dates per round.Did they say in anyone's session when the last interview invites will be given out?
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
When did you receive the A?Got my campus assignment!!! Chicago!!!
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
When did you receive the A?Just checked my portal, assigned to Peoria
brainfart123
Full Member
Hey let me know if you'd like to be added to the Peoria group chat!Just checked my portal, assigned to Peoria
Yeah but SIU really give preference to people who live in Southern Illinois :/I mean they interview like 20% of in-state applicants, and you have to take into account that Illinois has a school reserved for only in-state students and a third public med school. Plus UIC reserves like 170 seats just for in-state students so I don't think its fair to claim that they don't favor in-state students enough.
NaturedProtein
Full Member
OOS II early this morning. LM 73, complete 7/24!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
exileinandersonville
Full Member
12/20When did you receive the A?
chemicalrush21
Full Member
They didn't even send me a secondary 😭🤣Yeah but SIU really give preference to people who live in Southern Illinois :/
I emailed them for a status update, but I think they most likely said this to everyone: Your application is still under consideration with us. UIC carefully screens each of its applicants-approximately 7,500—holistically, which may result in a delay in hearing from us.chances they are still sending out IIs?
D
deleted1207107
crossing my fingers for news today!
nakedgangcc
Full Member
me too 😩
crossing my fingers for news today!
Oh that's strange, I recently emailed them and they mentioned that they are screening 7,500 applications this year.Anyone from UIUC get an II? especially high stat ppl.
I'm wondering if they yield protect?
*also they have received 11,000 apps this cycle my friend in GPPA said.
MedicalBotty
Full Member
Either they dump the rest, or just say that every time lol.Oh that's strange, I recently emailed them and they mentioned that they are screening 7,500 applications this year.
OOS A! Interviewed 1/09 🙏🏻
D
deleted1207107
when did you interviewOOS A!
greaseball01
New Member
OOS A! Interviewed 9/26 or something like that. DD since October. This is my first A! I wish everyone the best of luck in their cycles!
D
deleted1205103
**** this school bruh
D
deleted1207107
still DD, interviewed in november
happy2Bhere:)
Full Member
+1 DD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get a call or an email?
nakedgangcc
Full Member
+1 DD
did yall get an email?still DD, interviewed in november
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
How soon do they respond to emails? I emailed yesterday but no response yetOh that's strange, I recently emailed them and they mentioned that they are screening 7,500 applications this year.
nakedgangcc
Full Member
No don't give up, we have next month! I'm in the same position, yeah it sucks, but it isn't over until its over.
It was pretty quick - they answered the next day.How soon do they respond to emails? I emailed yesterday but no response yet
As for hotels nearest to the school itself, there aren't many. When I was on the apartment hunt/second look day grind, I stayed in one of the cheapest hotels on State street right off of 90, and boy do you get what you pay for 🤣Need recommendations for hotels near the School of Medicine in Rockford. Thanks in advance!
There are a few also on Alpine and State that are much closer to the school -- one of my friends said Alpine Inn was solid when he stayed there to go apartment hunting for a couple of days. My protip is to avoid the Red Roof Inn on Bell School. The hachi sushi nearby is absolutely fire though!
General advice for hotels/apartments is to stay on the east side of the river and north of State street. There are exceptions, but they are pricier than what my student loans can afford.
On that note, if any of y'all have been assigned Rockford and have questions, feel free to DM 😎
chemicalrush21
Full Member
all this talk about being accepted/interviewed/waitlisted and I'm over here just delusionaly hoping to get an II 😔
If you are an illinois resident you do not need to worry about yield protectionAnyone from UIUC get an II? especially high stat ppl.
I'm wondering if they yield protect?
*also they have received 11,000 apps this cycle my friend in GPPA said.
The best hotel in rockford is the embassy suites down town but it is pricey, outside of that there are holiday inns and hiltons that you cat go wrong with. Near the school on state street there are cheap motels if you are trying to save money as much as possible but you will get exactly what you pay for. I am a rockford student so lmk if you have questionsNeed recommendations for hotels near the School of Medicine in Rockford. Thanks in advance!
MedicalBotty
Full Member
I know you got your interview in march, I was wondering if you were in-state and like the range ur LM was in? Do you think they hold off a lot of high stat instate for later?If you are an illinois resident you do not need to worry about yield protection
I am in-state, my LizzyM was like 75. Lots of my classmates interviewed in like October so idk why I had to wait so longI know you got your interview in march, I was wondering if you were in-state and like the range ur LM was in? Do you think they hold off a lot of high stat instate for later?
+1 OS II
Dr. Aybolit
Full Member
when did you complete your secondary?+1 OS II
Late August lolwhen did you complete your secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefulpremes
New Member
I interviewed 11/19, DD on 12/20. But haven’t heard anything in Jan yet, when looks like people heard back this Friday. Concerning?
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
They don’t send a follow up email every month that you’re on DD still. You might hear back every month that they accept you, or I think the waitlist is made in march or April? Then you’ll get a notification if you were placed on itI interviewed 11/19, DD on 12/20. But haven’t heard anything in Jan yet, when looks like people heard back this Friday. Concerning?
D
deleted1203533
Multiple people in the same position as you including myself. Some people were DD in October and just got accepted last week. This school likes to draw out everything in agonizing fashion.I interviewed 11/19, DD on 12/20. But haven’t heard anything in Jan yet, when looks like people heard back this Friday. Concerning?
Last edited by a moderator:
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
Does anyone know how fast Chicago seats fill up? Is it first come first serve?