-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS II!! LM sixty six! I am so excited I’ve been waiting for so long to hear from them and I really thought I had no chance at this point!!! For context I am OOS but have done work/volunteerism in chicago.
Still waiting on any news LM ~80 complete in August. Would really like to attend here but have no interviews thus far so will take anywhere
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
garagealtrism
Full Member
From previous discussions I think they are quite reactive to update letters, maybe it would be helpful?Still waiting on any news LM ~80 complete in August. Would really like to attend here but have no interviews thus far so will take anywhere
I would love to send them one I just don’t know what I’d update them with. I work at a hospital and nothings changed in my job since applyingFrom previous discussions I think they are quite reactive to update letters, maybe it would be helpful?
Some of my updates I included in my second update letter weren't even *complete* yet. I started a new volunteering position literally last weekend (6 hours and plan to continue weekly which I clearly stated) and the dates of shadowing and the location/specialty I have scheduled. These all addressed weaknesses in my application (in my/other people helping me's opinions). So all that to say, you could start doing something this weekend and send a hail mary update next week. (I also included a publication accepted to Science Translational Med and enrolling in anatomy and physiology--I am a non-trad app, so these may have pulled it towards a more significant update)I would love to send them one I just don’t know what I’d update them with. I work at a hospital and nothings changed in my job since applying
Wow this is fantastic! I sincerely thank you for taking the time to reply!Some of my updates I included in my second update letter weren't even *complete* yet. I started a new volunteering position literally last weekend (6 hours and plan to continue weekly which I clearly stated) and the dates of shadowing and the location/specialty I have scheduled. These all addressed weaknesses in my application (in my/other people helping me's opinions). So all that to say, you could start doing something this weekend and send a hail mary update next week. (I also included a publication accepted to Science Translational Med and enrolling in anatomy and physiology--I am a non-trad app, so these may have pulled it towards a more significant update)
Of course! Rooting for you!! Regardless of if it works on getting an invite this cycle, it would be good to get started on something just in case you unfortunately need to reapply. Shoot your shot, I sent updates to my remaining schools Tuesday and have received 2 II since.Wow this is fantastic! I sincerely thank you for taking the time to reply!
y’all think about how they’re just there deciding our fate today…
pork.chop.
Full Member
Just declined my OOS interview. Hoping it goes to one of you!
brainfart123
Full Member
Following up on this. I also have some questions for current students at UICOM Peoria!Any Peoria students on here that would be willing to pm me a little about their experience w the campus/specific qs about peoria?
to anyone waiting on it, hope we get some good news today! 🩵
Hi y'all! I hope today goes great for you all waiting to hear 🙂
I was wondering if for the MMIs, any of them were acting based scenarios or if they were all more so direct questions? Also did any of you read an MMI prep book beforehand, and if so did you find it helpful or would I be wasting my time (and which book?). I am very nervous since I have only done traditional interviews to date ahhh
I was wondering if for the MMIs, any of them were acting based scenarios or if they were all more so direct questions? Also did any of you read an MMI prep book beforehand, and if so did you find it helpful or would I be wasting my time (and which book?). I am very nervous since I have only done traditional interviews to date ahhh
garagealtrism
Full Member
Hi y'all! I hope today goes great for you all waiting to hear 🙂
I was wondering if for the MMIs, any of them were acting based scenarios or if they were all more so direct questions? Also did any of you read an MMI prep book beforehand, and if so did you find it helpful or would I be wasting my time (and which book?). I am very nervous since I have only done traditional interviews to date ahhh
It is all MMI questions, very reasonable ones, and no acting scenarios! You got this [emoji1696]
Thank youuuu <3It is all MMI questions, very reasonable ones, and no acting scenarios! You got this [emoji1696]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
youmatter:)
Full Member
what time do they release decision historically 😬
garagealtrism
Full Member
Also wondering :/what time do they release decision historically 😬
nakedgangcc
Full Member
it’s been at random times throughout the day is what i’ve noticed in the past couple months
nakedgangcc
Full Member
waiting anxiously…. 😩
chemicalrush21
Full Member
Just as my final bit of hope was diminishing, +1 IS II, I'm so hype!!!
Has anyone heard yet starting to lose my mind
garagealtrism
Full Member
Right it's strange :/ It is almost 4, out of the business hour of the admission office? I have been chill this whole cycle but today I'm really so anxious :/Has anyone heard yet starting to lose my mind
Aint no way hahaha, thank you very much for that! OOS II complete 8/15, no updates, LM 75Just declined my OOS interview. Hoping it goes to one of you!
youmatter:)
Full Member
Maybe todays not the dayRight it's strange :/ It is almost 4, out of the business hour of the admission office? I have been chill this whole cycle but today I'm really so anxious :/
dang yeah i don’t think today’s the day. :/ hopefully monday!?Maybe todays not the day
D
deleted1203533
I got accepted here last month and also have another A at a ‘lower ranked school’. Is it worth it to pay more for OOS tuition and go here or pay less and go to the other school.
Depends on the school, but generally i would recommend going with the cheaper option. Unless you have ties to the area and/or know you’d be significantly happier in chicago. It could be helpful to post in the X vs Y school forum with your personal pros vs cons of each program 🙂I got accepted here last month and also have another A at a ‘lower ranked school’. Is it worth it to pay more for OOS tuition and go here or pay less and go to the other school.
congrats on multiple As!!!
As an OOS student paying the OOS tuition, I have greatly enjoyed my time at UIC. That being said, I would absolutely go where is cheapest if they have similar opportunities.I got accepted here last month and also have another A at a ‘lower ranked school’. Is it worth it to pay more for OOS tuition and go here or pay less and go to the other school.
Definitely recommend the X vs Y forum for these comparisons, but odds are unless the other school you have an A at is a new DO school or a for-profit school that is sus and you dont have any strong ties to either place, you will be recommended to go with the cheaper option. After looking at my student loan balance when answering your question, I would echo that advice.
Hoping we hear something tomorrow 🤞
I saw you are active on Western Michigan sub, if that is where you got accpeted, that is a great MD program. I would def strongly consider going to westernI got accepted here last month and also have another A at a ‘lower ranked school’. Is it worth it to pay more for OOS tuition and go here or pay less and go to the other school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see lots of people saying they were explicitly told that >80% of interviewees receive As. Is that true regardless of interview date? I think I got like the very last interview slot and am wondering if I have a lower chance of acceptance compared to early interviewees.
garagealtrism
Full Member
I see lots of people saying they were explicitly told that >[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]% of interviewees receive As. Is that true regardless of interview date? I think I got like the very last interview slot and am wondering if I have a lower chance of acceptance compared to early interviewees.
Since I’m not the ADCOM I can’t say for sure, but I remember they do DD just for the sake of that: for people in different points of the cycle to have equal chance. I think you are fine!
Anyone know what scholarships are like here / when you’re notified
Wait are invites all done? 😢I see lots of people saying they were explicitly told that >80% of interviewees receive As. Is that true regardless of interview date? I think I got like the very last interview slot and am wondering if I have a lower chance of acceptance compared to early interviewees.
Not necessarily (unless the person above has special insight we don’t know about haha), but often schools only release the next two weeks dates or so at a time, so just because it’s the last date option for the current person scheduling, doesn’t mean they won’t add more dates as they release more invites. Last year the last reported invite on cycle track was Feb 28th, so I think it’s very possible they could send some more this upcoming week. If you haven’t recently, you could be like me and send a Hail Mary update and see if it works 😉 Not much to lose at this point.Wait are invites all done? 😢
I've sent an update in December and also a letter of interest this week too. I think I'll keep at 2 cause I don't want to make it come across negatively. Fingers crossed for us 🙂 my LM is 61, my mcat score isn't too hot unfortunately.Not necessarily (unless the person above has special insight we don’t know about haha), but often schools only release the next two weeks dates or so at a time, so just because it’s the last date option for the current person scheduling, doesn’t mean they won’t add more dates as they release more invites. Last year the last reported invite on cycle track was Feb 28th, so I think it’s very possible they could send some more this upcoming week. If you haven’t recently, you could be like me and send a Hail Mary update and see if it works 😉 Not much to lose at this point.
Hoping things work out for you! My Hail Mary actually did work and I got an interview invite about 2 hours after sending in my second update last week (which is why I keep telling people do it!!) 😅 I’ll send them good vibes for you telepathically during my interview Wednesday hahaI've sent an update in December and also a letter of interest this week too. I think I'll keep at 2 cause I don't want to make it come across negatively. Fingers crossed for us 🙂 my LM is 61, my mcat score isn't too hot unfortunately.
nakedgangcc
Full Member
i have hope that it isIs today the day 😅 ?!?!
D
deleted1175312
just got the OOS II, complete 7/24. Honestly shocked rn it’s so late in the cycle. Only dates available are early March
user89724
New Member
With every minute I’m starting to lose hope 🙁. If they don’t release decisions today, when would they release them?i have hope that it is
fortunecookie56
New Member
IS A!! Interviewed 1/24!!!
+1 OOS A, first MD offer. Interviewed 1/28.
Beginning to lose hope 🙁 interviewed 10/15
turtle3113
Full Member
Beginning to lose hope 🙁 interviewed [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]/[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]
same.. interviewed same day as you and still no A[emoji17]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the same boat. I've been on delayed decision since October and this is my top choice 🙁Beginning to lose hope 🙁 interviewed 10/15
youmatter:)
Full Member
no email, does this mean not accepted 🙁
IS A!!!!!!!! interviewed 1/22 - i feel so incredibly blessed and i hope you all get the news you’ve been waiting for!! 💛💛
turtle3113
Full Member
In the same boat. I've been on delayed decision since October and this is my top choice 🙁
same /: i sent a letter of interest last week but i guess it didn’t change anything[emoji17]