You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you get the notification via email or did you check your portal first?+1 OOS II, submitted secondary on 7/16
email!Did you get the notification via email or did you check your portal first?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tacotuesdayyyy
New Member
+1 OOS II, 7/7 submitted, i got the interview invite this morning and are the only available times for everyone at 8:30 AM?
StraightAd57
Full Member
Does anyone have any insight on how to particularly prepare for the interview?
I interviewed here last year. it is a series of 8 MMIs, all of random questions not 100% tied to why medicine or why UMass. They have 8 different stations with 8 different interviewers. i heard that they will only eval 7 of the interviews but that's not confirmed. I just did a few random timed MMI prompts that I found online to get used to the timing and had a friend ask me follow up questions. They want you to explain your position but also leave time for follow up questions and conversation so they can see how you think on your feetDoes anyone have any insight on how to particularly prepare for the interview?
StraightAd57
Full Member
Thank you for the information! Did you feel as though the questions were pretty straight forward? I’m trying to brush up on some MMI based questions but I’ve encountered some difficult ones. Hoping it’s not too complicated.I interviewed here last year. it is a series of 8 MMIs, all of random questions not 100% tied to why medicine or why UMass. They have 8 different stations with 8 different interviewers. i heard that they will only eval 7 of the interviews but that's not confirmed. I just did a few random timed MMI prompts that I found online to get used to the timing and had a friend ask me follow up questions. They want you to explain your position but also leave time for follow up questions and conversation so they can see how you think on your feet
There was one I absolutely got stuck on, the others were fairly straightforward and had a good line of follow up questions. one was just a doozyThank you for the information! Did you feel as though the questions were pretty straight forward? I’m trying to brush up on some MMI based questions but I’ve encountered some difficult ones. Hoping it’s not too complicated.
StraightAd57
Full Member
There was one I absolutely got stuck on, the others were fairly straightforward and had a good line of follow up questions. one was just a doozy
Can I ask if you got the A?
nope lol. I went 1/20 in II's my last cycle and 0/1 one possible A's. i also had like 0 clinical experience and overall a meh application but good stats so I was a bit disillusioned and my pre med advisor said I was a great applicant so to go for it. reapplying to them this time around hopefully to change that statline from last yearCan I ask if you got the A?
Sending good vibes your way my friend! I only had 1/26 interviews when I applied the first time, and two years later I have 3/24 interview offers so far. You got this!nope lol. I went 1/20 in II's my last cycle and 0/1 one possible A's. i also had like 0 clinical experience and overall a meh application but good stats so I was a bit disillusioned and my pre med advisor said I was a great applicant so to go for it. reapplying to them this time around hopefully to change that statline from last year
congrats! good luck to you as well. yeah I have 1/26 so far, just submitted my last secondary today so taking a break from this stuff for a bit thankfullySending good vibes your way my friend! I only had 1/26 interviews when I applied the first time, and two years later I have 3/24 interview offers so far. You got this!
IS II just now LM 74. Reapplicant got an II to here last time I applied
Complete date?IS II just now LM 74. Reapplicant got an II to here last time I applied
07/03 I think. I don't think i ever got a complete email, but I submitted the first day I got the secondaryComplete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed2024_123456
Full Member
Did people get an email saying that their application was received? I have a green bar at the top of mine denoting status but no email saying that it was recieved
not that i recall, i couldnt find one in my inboxDid people get an email saying that their application was received? I have a green bar at the top of mine denoting status but no email saying that it was recieved
i_likw_14waffles
New Member
how long does it take from the “under review” to when you got an email about an interview?
juicy_scooby
Full Member
IS II this morning! Very exciting
Anyone have a guess at post II acceptance rate?
Anyone have a guess at post II acceptance rate?
I think around 40% ish according to admit.org they say 37%IS II this morning! Very exciting
Anyone have a guess at post II acceptance rate?
georgia1456
New Member
Does it say no spots available for scheduling at this current time for any one else?
D
deleted1125342
Random questions: is admit.org trustworthy? Do they get their stats from usnews or something? Tangentially, are usnews stats trustworthy?I think around 40% ish according to admit.org they say 37%
From what I have seen, it seems like admit.org>usnews, although I can't speak to their reliability all that muchRandom questions: is admit.org trustworthy? Do they get their stats from usnews or something? Tangentially, are usnews stats trustworthy?
Hi there! LM of 69.7, OOS. Submitted secondary on 7/13, received interview offer on 8/6 for PURCH and MD (it is 2 separate interviews).Anyone applied to PURCH and received an interview? or if any past applicants know if applying to PURCH makes your application review longer?
Submitted secondary 7/13, but preview score wasn't available until 7/26. LM 73
juicy_scooby
Full Member
The only spot I had was 9/18 which was surprising.Does it say no spots available for scheduling at this current time for any one else?
I wonder why they send interview invitations without slots to schedule them??
juicy_scooby
Full Member
7/5, received secondary on 7/2Completion date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
screw this guy (he was my roommate and football teammate in college) and he totally didn't deserve this II (he's worked his butt off for this and I couldn't be happier)OOS II received this morning!! Secondary submitted 7/17
I had like over 10 spots… that’s weirdThe only spot I had was 9/18 which was surprising.
I wonder why they send interview invitations without slots to schedule them??
Love you brotha lolscrew this guy (he was my roommate and football teammate in college) and he totally didn't deserve this II (he's worked his butt off for this and I couldn't be happier)
medstudent2516
Full Member
Can someone please post the link to the secondary portal? I seem to have deleted the email
acetylcola
Full Member
Oracle PeopleSoft Sign-inCan someone please post the link to the secondary portal? I seem to have deleted the email
medstudent2516
Full Member
And your username is just your name? Confused how this was my only link I lost the log in for haha
acetylcola
Full Member
No... they give you one via email. Search your inbox for "UMass Chan Medical School Application - URGENT"And your username is just your name? Confused how this was my only link I lost the log in for haha
If you really did delete the email you may have to email adcom and ask for it
medstudent2516
Full Member
Perfect! Found it in the depths of my spam folder. I should have made a separate email for apps lolNo... they give you one via email. Search your inbox for "UMass Chan Medical School Application - URGENT"
If you really did delete the email you may have to email adcom and ask for it
runaway_jim
Med School Applicant
I got an II and I'm applying to PURCH. They told us that post II application review can take longer for PURCHAnyone applied to PURCH and received an interview? or if any past applicants know if applying to PURCH makes your application review longer?
Submitted secondary 7/13, but preview score wasn't available until 7/26. LM 73
Get your stats from MSAR as they are supplied by the schools themselves.Random questions: is admit.org trustworthy? Do they get their stats from usnews or something? Tangentially, are usnews stats trustworthy?
The other two sources are inferior
I would answer No to that question if you truly only used it for proofreading, for example, using Grammarly or other AI platforms that give grammar suggestions.Random question but how did you guys answer the question on if you used AI? If I said I did use it to help proof read will that be a red flag?
+1 MSTP Rejection LM 81
surely they got to be sending mstp ii soon right?
premed2024_123456
Full Member
My application didn't go through correctly, so I ended up applying mid august. IS, LM 73. Is there any hope for me?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
forumskeptic
Full Member
Yes, it is still quite early in the season!My application didn't go through correctly, so I ended up applying mid august. IS, LM 73. Is there any hope for me?
oos ii this morning
Is there anyone with earlier submit dates who are still waiting? I'm IS with a submit date of 7/3 with an LM of 78.
no youre the only one 😛Is there anyone with earlier submit dates who are still waiting? I'm IS with a submit date of 7/3 with an LM of 78.
most people are in your shoes. schools dont necessarily review in chronological order & it is very early in the cycle. you still have MONTHS to receive an interview. dont sweat 🙂