-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
landhuman1234
Full Member
Silence complete 8/15, LM 72 :/
strawberrygirl10
Full Member
OOS acceptance 10/24!!!!! Interviewed 9/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agape_ornis
Full Member
no, I have not heard back from them.Anyone else interviewing tomorrow, Monday 28th, Friday 1st, or Monday 4th here back about their scheduled interview slot?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Wow that’s nothing. They have a longgg way to go.Spoke with a member of Adcoms who told me they have only reviewed 500-600 apps (out of over 10k) at this point. Be happy if you hear back by the end of this year.
It is still SO early.
88straight
Full Member
Anyone fill out the interview form earlier this week and not here anything about a date yet?
88straight
Full Member
not yet. I even emailed the admin and no responseAnyone else interviewing tomorrow, Monday 28th, Friday 1st, or Monday 4th here back about their scheduled interview slot?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Why does Miami do this type of interview scheduling? Wouldn’t it be easier for everyone to just have a interview sign up software
Agape_ornis
Full Member
i just heard back today
Which date you receive?/ was it your first choice?i just heard back today
For the people who have been accepted - did you apply MD or dual degree?
Applied both MD + MD/MPH and received an A on Friday. Saw that someone else also applied MD/MPH earlier in the thread + was interviewed on the first interview day I believeFor the people who have been accepted - did you apply MD or dual degree?
Wait, how did you apply to both?Applied both MD + MD/MPH and received an A on Friday. Saw that someone else also applied MD/MPH earlier in the thread + was interviewed on the first interview day I believe
Also, did you get accepted to both MD and MD/MPH separately?
onthagrind77
Full Member
I had my interview and it seemed like lots of people were dual degree applicants.For the people who have been accepted - did you apply MD or dual degree?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, on my secondary, I selected MD/MPH in the first multiple choice question and wrote the additional essays for it, but my acceptance email states acceptance to both the MD + MD/MPH programs. I'm wondering if they automatically consider you for the MD program if you end up indicating the dual degree option/writing those essays in the secondary. Don't take my word 100% for it, though -- I did indicate interest in standalone MD program in my "Why Miller" essay, too.Wait, how did you apply to both?
Also, did you get accepted to both MD and MD/MPH separately?
purplewaterfish
Full Member
for the people who interviewed in september, does anyone have any suggestions on when to reach out if we haven’t heard back yet?
has anyone else still not heard anything?Anyone else interviewing tomorrow, Monday 28th, Friday 1st, or Monday 4th here back about their scheduled interview slot?
88straight
Full Member
I still haven't heard s***. even emailed adcom 2x. sooo frustratinghas anyone else still not heard anything?
shyoctopus
New Member
same!! I also left a voicemail yesterdayI still haven't heard s***. even emailed adcom 2x. sooo frustrating
Waitlisted for MD/MPH 10/30, interviewed 10/14
OOS II LM74 Complete 8/31
OOS II, LM 75, Complete 8/1
Last edited:
Agape_ornis
Full Member
does anyone know how long do they take to answer an email? I emailed them with a question, and they have not responded yet.
lalalandia
New Member
Everyone saying their complete date, did you get a complete email? Or you’re saying the date you submitted?
seaweedbrain
Full Member
I got a complete email like 10 or so days after submittingEveryone saying their complete date, did you get a complete email? Or you’re saying the date you submitted?
lalalandia
New Member
If you don’t mind can you show me what the complete email looked like please?I got a complete email like 10 or so days after submitting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seaweedbrain
Full Member
If you don’t mind can you show me what the complete email looked like please?
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine RECEIVED your SECONDARY APPLICATION
Dear Stink Stink,
We hope this letter finds you well. We are writing to confirm the receipt of your secondary application for the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine. Applications are currently under review.
If you are invited to interview, you will receive an email with pertinent information. Please ensure that all contact information in your application is accurate and up to date.
Note, given the number of applications we typically review, the Office of Admissions refrains from providing individual updates, counsel or feedback on applications in review. We appreciate the time and effort you have dedicated to your application and assure you that your application will be carefully evaluated and considered.
Sincerely,
I guess it's not technically a file complete email but it is the last thing I received from them before getting my II. I think I interpretted it as a complete email even back when I got it because of the wording.
I guess it's not technically a file complete email but it is the last thing I received from them before getting my II. I think I interpretted it as a complete email even back when I got it because of the wording.
It’s funny cuz I DID NOT get this email but I got invited for an interview…. Seems a bit disorganized ngl
So, on my secondary, I selected MD/MPH in the first multiple choice question and wrote the additional essays for it, but my acceptance email states acceptance to both the MD + MD/MPH programs. I'm wondering if they automatically consider you for the MD program if you end up indicating the dual degree option/writing those essays in the secondary. Don't take my word 100% for it, though -- I did indicate interest in standalone MD program in my "Why Miller" essay, too.
Hi! Congratulations on the A! I also wanted to apply to both the MD/MPH and the MD program, but saw that I wasn’t able to select both…. I thought I could only pick one so I selected MD. I did indicate interest in the MD/MPH program in my why Miller essay… hope this is ok. Did anyone who interviewed with you had the same issue by any chance?
seaweedbrain
Full Member
During the student panel when asked what’s one thing they could change about the school, the med students unanimously said to make it more organized. So it’s something that definitely extends beyond admissions.It’s funny cuz I DID NOT get this email but I got invited for an interview…. Seems a bit disorganized ngl
I have received interview invite and I have filled out the form and uploaded the photo, but when I got the email confirming the response it does not say photo attached with my responses, but says click here to upload photo, does it mean they have not received my photo at all. Did anyone who had interview invite had same issue at all regarding the photo.
Hi do you mind showing what the confirmation email looks like? Cuz I submitted the form and did not get any confirmation.
purplewaterfish
Full Member
i also got accepted to both MD and MD/MPH and I never said I wanted to be considered for both individually. They just mentioned it in the acceptance email. but I do think you had to select MD/MPH and then ur considered for MD only also. You could reach out and ask if!Hi! Congratulations on the A! I also wanted to apply to both the MD/MPH and the MD program, but saw that I wasn’t able to select both…. I thought I could only pick one so I selected MD. I did indicate interest in the MD/MPH program in my why Miller essay… hope this is ok. Did anyone who interviewed with you had the same issue by any chance?
i also got accepted to both MD and MD/MPH and I never said I wanted to be considered for both individually. They just mentioned it in the acceptance email. but I do think you had to select MD/MPH and then ur considered for MD only also. You could reach out and ask if!
Thank you so much!! I’ll give them a phone call
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I don’t have the option to upload an update letter in my portal. I never got a email about it either. Can I still email admissions to upload an update letter through email?
tpaflamingo
Full Member
I was confused about this too, but got it figured out! You have to go to the portal link where you submitted your secondary (click the link in the email you got to submit your secondary that says "we invite you to take the next step." It is NOT the portal where you check your status. Hope this helps!I don’t have the option to upload an update letter in my portal. I never got a email about it either. Can I still email admissions to upload an update letter through email?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I never got the email about inviting me for the next stepI was confused about this too, but got it figured out! You have to go to the portal link where you submitted your secondary (click the link in the email you got to submit your secondary that says "we invite you to take the next step." It is NOT the portal where you check your status. Hope this helps!
Anyone interviewing 11/8 11/11 11/15 11/18 heard anything yet? I don't know if I should be ready for an interview the day after tomorrow or any date after... kinda freaking out
tpaflamingo
Full Member
Did you submit your secondary? The link is the same link in the same email you would have used to submit your secondary (you may have received it a while ago). If you submitted your secondary, you must have received the email.I never got the email about inviting me for the next step
iwanttobedocs
Full Member
I got this email during my interview so it might just take them a bit to roll outI never got the email about inviting me for the next step
Last edited:
tpaflamingo
Full Member
You also got this same email earlier to be able to submit your secondary though too. So they can use that same link, even if they did not get another email (which is what happened to me).I got this email during my interview so it might just take them a bit to roll out
iwanttobedocs
Full Member
Even with that earlier email I don’t have a spot for uploading letters or anything else until that second emailYou also got this same email earlier to be able to submit your secondary though too. So they can use that same link, even if they did not get another email (which is what happened to me).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I just got the email asking me if Im available to interview on Friday. I said yes. I guess we'll see if they send me the zoom link tomorrowI am still waiting also...meanwhile just prepping for the interview just in case I get it this Friday
Anyone interviewing 11/8 11/11 11/15 11/18 heard anything yet? I don't know if I should be ready for an interview the day after tomorrow or any date after... kinda freaking out
Same!I am still waiting also...meanwhile just prepping for the interview just in case I get it this Friday
Last edited:
Hi, when you get your response confirmation email for interview!Hi I just got the email asking me if Im available to interview on Friday. I said yes. I guess we'll see if they send me the zoom link tomorrow
Last edited:
Yes it was!Was your first choice this Friday?
Hello! I'm not sure actually, I attached a picture here and this is all I seeHi, when you get your response confirmation email for interview, did your Q7 photo said your file as mine somehow did not get attached so wanted to make sure.