2024-2025 Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think end of April/beginning of May is when they start accepting/rejecting people off the waitlist but I believe they don't send out the ranked alternate list until June
for those of us who haven’t even been put on a waitlist yet, is there any hope? Would they still send out waitlists or acceptances at this point if they’re so close to starting to admit off the waitlist?
 
for those of us who haven’t even been put on a waitlist yet, is there any hope? Would they still send out waitlists or acceptances at this point if they’re so close to starting to admit off the waitlist?
I have no idea tbh but in my opinion no news is good news. You haven't been rejected. Maybe they're just waiting to review/rereview your application until May when they do that with everyone whose on the waitlist
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not sure... I was on the waitlist and got the email yesterday afternoon. Although I had an older gentleman as the primary interviewer who I could only see his forehead since he is not good with technology. And I don't think I did very well on the asynchronous portion.
For what it's worth, I am sorry friend. I hope you get accepted somewhere this year and don't have to reapply another time.
 
They sent out WL rank emails on 04/23. As of now, I am in the middle section of the waitlist. My partner and I were joking around that this precise result would happen, but it feels presently like a rather cruel joke.

I am feeling really low-- MN is my home state, and with a 504 MCAT I was thrilled just to receive an interview (interviewed in late January, with campus preference as Duluth, St. Cloud, then Twin Cities in descending order)! I feel as if I should accept the fact that it is over. I have one A at a DO school in Kansas, and I am going to move forward from here on like MN won't work out. This doesn't stop the little glimmer of hope, though.

Congratulations to those accepted! I was really excited about Duluth and the prospect of not having to move back and forth anymore.

Does anyone have any idea of how many candidates typically make the waitlist, when all is said and done? MSAR/AAMC offers transparency about WL movement for ~50% of MD schools and UMN is not one of them. Any idea how many WL seats actually are accepted?
 
They sent out WL rank emails on 04/23. As of now, I am in the middle section of the waitlist. My partner and I were joking around that this precise result would happen, but it feels presently like a rather cruel joke.

I am feeling really low-- MN is my home state, and with a 504 MCAT I was thrilled just to receive an interview (interviewed in late January, with campus preference as Duluth, St. Cloud, then Twin Cities in descending order)! I feel as if I should accept the fact that it is over. I have one A at a DO school in Kansas, and I am going to move forward from here on like MN won't work out. This doesn't stop the little glimmer of hope, though.

Congratulations to those accepted! I was really excited about Duluth and the prospect of not having to move back and forth anymore.

Does anyone have any idea of how many candidates typically make the waitlist, when all is said and done? MSAR/AAMC offers transparency about WL movement for ~50% of MD schools and UMN is not one of them. Any idea how many WL seats actually are accepted?
I’m in the exact same boat. Planning to go to DO school in KC! In recent years, UMN has accepted 20-35 people off the list
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m in the exact same boat. Planning to go to DO school in KC! In recent years, UMN has accepted 20-35 people off the list
Where are you pulling the "in recent years UMN has accepted 20-35 people off the list" from, as in is the source legit? And is this specifically only TC campus? I am on the waitlist for the Duluth campus. That's why I ask.
 
IMG_3780.png

Someone posted this in last year’s forum. I assume this is only for Duluth
 
Can someone weigh in here if they have any proof/evidence to provide. I was just having a convo with a buddy and he said the WL is for all three campuses combined. Meaning that you could get an offer for the TC campus, even if you applied for the Duluth campus.

Is this true? Can anyone corroborate or certifiably refute this?
 
Congratulations on the As!!! If you don’t mind sharing, which campus were you accepted to? Specifically those of you that received an A off of the waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bit late to the party but got off the TC WL 2 days ago!!! WL decision 1/28, II 11/13

IS and already signed a lease in the area anticipating reapp, it'll work out in the end after all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck. I hope to see you this fall.

But my advice is just act like you have to reapply. I think it's easier emotionally and logistically to just commit to that mentality, and then fingers crossed you get a call.
Thank you! I’ve already accepted at another medical school, so luckily I won’t have to reapply, but UMN is my top choice 🤞