2024-2025 Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For accepted students - is the "Accept" option in the Offer Response tab a commitment to enroll? I plan to go here but don't wanna hit the big red button until I have all of my **** together 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we able to call admissions to get any sort of timeline if it’s been more than 6-8 weeks or is it best just to wait?
I wouldn't! They aren't going to see your email and be like "Oh hey we should get back to them sooner". It took 9 weeks for me to hear back but I got an A. Take not hearing back for a bit as a good sign. Typically if you hear back quickly it means R or W.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any insight on how financial aid works here? i know abt the scholarships we can apply for and stuff but i mean in terms of merit aid
On the finaid app you fill out on the accepted students site it mentions something about the info being used for a variety of different need-based and scholarships based on achievements/interests (so I assume merit as well)! They also have recruitment scholarships for OOS but I’m unsure about IS. They may negotiate so once aid comes out you could potentially leverage any other aid offers you have! Otherwise yeah those essay scholarships are need+fit based
 
3/6 IS waitlist. II on 8/22. Stings a bit since why did it take SO LONG!!😢

The U remains high on my school list tho, but I guess since I’ve been accepted at other schools, I really can’t be all too unhappy about the cycle.

Does anyone know when waitlist movement typically occurs?
I've heard May since the official AMCAS commit to enroll date is April 30th and interviews often go until the end of March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait so the decisions are every other week not every week? (i thought it was every week 😳)
According to what I've seen on this thread for TC, it looks like acceptances are every other week and rejection/waitlists are released the other weeks. So, every week some sort of decisions are released. However, people have referred to cycletrack as well and they've mentioned a lot of decisions going out recently. Probably because of the nearing end of the application cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For Duluth, does anyone know what rotation options will look like. Will class of 2029 still be able to opt into other locations like the TC, or would we definitely remain in Duluth all 4?
 
For Duluth, does anyone know what rotation options will look like. Will class of 2029 still be able to opt into other locations like the TC, or would we definitely remain in Duluth all 4?
It sounds like the intention is to keep everyone in Duluth. There may be a way for people to come to the cities, but I wouldn’t totally bank on it. Since this is new for the incoming classes, I’m not 100% sure that they have all the details ironed out. Can reach out to admissions for a more complete answer.